Everything Backup Center 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    Quite new to these forums so dont know if the title is allowed or something similar is posted.
    If so let's chat back up Center.
    Who would you like to see?
    Christian Wood
    Thomas Robinson
    Greg Monroe(yikes)
    Other?
    How about ... Greg Monroe? :-)

Why the 'yikes'?

Comment

Hmm hope Wood isnt the backup that got away..

Comment

In the OKC / Milwaukee game, it should be noted that Wood played 31 minutes for the Bucks, and that the only Buck starter to play in the game was Malcolm Brogdon.

In a game against the Bucks bench / scrubs.. P squared only hit one of 9 shots for two points.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
          In the OKC / Milwaukee game, it should be noted that Wood played 31 minutes for the Bucks, and that the only Buck starter to play in the game was Malcolm Brogdon.

In a game against the Bucks bench / scrubs.. P squared only hit one of 9 shots for two points.
          hmmm...

Comment

Not that I don't like Boucher, but yes, I think Christian Wood is the backup that got away, unfortunately.

I've said it since the summer, that kid has been balling. Will probably have a career year. Fast, tall, athletic, can rebound and rim protect, plus shoots the 3. He's a lite version of OKC Ibaka, except he's a better rebounder and has a better handle. And he's only 23. Apparently has a bit of a temper, but with his upside I still can't believe no one has picked him up before.

Comment

Why did/would anyone have thought we had a chance at Wood (with virtually no opportunity/money available for him). Was he with the team and I missed it?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Why did/would anyone have thought we had a chance at Wood (with virtually no opportunity/money available for him). Was he with the team and I missed it?
                Yes, he came for a workout, a week before the Raptors signed Monroe.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  Not that I don't like Boucher, but yes, I think Christian Wood is the backup that got away, unfortunately.

I've said it since the summer, that kid has been balling. Will probably have a career year. Fast, tall, athletic, can rebound and rim protect, plus shoots the 3. He's a lite version of OKC Ibaka, except he's a better rebounder and has a better handle. And he's only 23. Apparently has a bit of a temper, but with his upside I still can't believe no one has picked him up before.
                  Personality/attitude seems to be very, very important for masai. Everyone he brings in is super humble and low-maintenance. might have something to do with it.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Personality/attitude seems to be very, very important for masai. Everyone he brings in is super humble and low-maintenance. might have something to do with it.
                    We have Kyle Lowry on our team.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yes but this isn't a dating service, its a basketball team. If at worst the attitude becomes problematic then you simply flip the asset for someone else once the value reached a high peak. This is the reason why you sign a Hassan Whiteside for just a year or two and then flip him for something better.

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                        lmao

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                          Everyone he brings in
                          Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Yes but this isn't a dating service, its a basketball team. If at worst the attitude becomes problematic then you simply flip the asset for someone else once the value reached a high peak. This is the reason why you sign a Hassan Whiteside for just a year or two and then flip him for something better.
                          I'm just stating the facts. It's pretty clear that there's a personality type he covets.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I'm just stating the facts. It's pretty clear that there's a personality type he covets.
                            Yes and it has a successful recipe, where a place like Washington with its players its a disaster.

But it dont mean we can't have 1 or 2 guys with personality issues. Golden States just signed Demarcus Cousins and they've got Draymond Green too.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

RR was all over this.... in 2016

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/s...od-PF&p=601926

Comment

Seemed Wolves entire team moved about 1 foot of distance in all those clips combined

Comment

Working...
                                X