Everything Greg Monroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    See him with 7 to 10 mins per game..lower range if JV isn’t in foul trouble out of the gate in 1st half
    JV gets his 26 to 28
    Ibalka and Pascal get 8 to 12 mins a game.

Nurse isn’t as all in on veterans and minutes for vets as Dwane was. Not a condemnation of DC..just an approach change. Thinking that with this lineup outside of Serge and JV ...it can be a track meet.
    I've always thought that playing...and sometimes over playing those vets is part of a bargain which Masai has with them to lure them to Toronto. Like, hey Greg, you probably aren't going to see much playing time with the other teams are options for you, but if you come to Toronto, I guarantee we allow you an opportunity to showcase yourself all season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I like versatility too, but I wasn't a big fan of 2Pat turning down open 3's in favour of his "new skill", i.e., awkward dribble drives from the perimeter trying to get fouled in the paint, like DeRozan.
      Agreed. The whole point of being a three point shooter is to shoot.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
        Come on guys how many mins is Monroe even going to get.
        I think he'll appear in most games and play anywhere from 5 to 22 minutes depending on the situation and how he's performing
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I think he'll appear in most games and play anywhere from 5 to 22 minutes depending on the situation and how he's performing
          Which is a recipe for him to get overrated. He'll play a lot of minutes when he's good and when he's not playing a lot of minutes people will ask why he's not playing.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Koreen has a nice article on Munroe in The Athletic. A couple of sections caught my eye:

"The Raptors’ bench, among the best in the league last year, did not rely on pace as much as was commonly thought. It is understandable why that perception existed, as so many of their most memorable moments were punctuated with a Pascal Siakam dunk or a C.J. Miles three-pointer in transition, but the “bench mob” — Poeltl, Siakam, Miles, Delon Wright and Fred VanVleet —
            actually played at a pace about four possessions per game slower than the Raptors’ usual starting five. Even still, this was a group that thrived on an egalitarian offence, ping-pong passing and creating turnovers."

Who knew. I do remember Delon slowing things down if the first run didn't result in a basket immediately. Munroe might not be as out of place as some are suggesting. He is a good rebounder and passer, as the article mentions so some of those transition baskets could be initiated by him.

I thought this was a nice quote from Fred: "We had a play earlier this month, it caught me off-guard, I haven’t been caught off-guard by a pass probably since I was 11 years old. That was good, it was refreshing that he threw me a pass that I wasn’t ready for, and that just speaks to his level of IQ.

“It was like a backdoor (cut) that I ran and he threw it, and I wasn’t even open. But by the time the ball was delivered, I was open and I caught it and lost it out of bounds. So I owe him one for that.”

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Koreen has a nice article on Munroe in The Athletic. A couple of sections caught my eye:

"The Raptors’ bench, among the best in the league last year, did not rely on pace as much as was commonly thought. It is understandable why that perception existed, as so many of their most memorable moments were punctuated with a Pascal Siakam dunk or a C.J. Miles three-pointer in transition, but the “bench mob” — Poeltl, Siakam, Miles, Delon Wright and Fred VanVleet —
              actually played at a pace about four possessions per game slower than the Raptors’ usual starting five. Even still, this was a group that thrived on an egalitarian offence, ping-pong passing and creating turnovers."

Who knew. I do remember Delon slowing things down if the first run didn't result in a basket immediately. Munroe might not be as out of place as some are suggesting. He is a good rebounder and passer, as the article mentions so some of those transition baskets could be initiated by him.

I thought this was a nice quote from Fred: "We had a play earlier this month, it caught me off-guard, I haven’t been caught off-guard by a pass probably since I was 11 years old. That was good, it was refreshing that he threw me a pass that I wasn’t ready for, and that just speaks to his level of IQ.

“It was like a backdoor (cut) that I ran and he threw it, and I wasn’t even open. But by the time the ball was delivered, I was open and I caught it and lost it out of bounds. So I owe him one for that.”
              Awesome stuff. If our bench, including monroe, defies or exceeds expectations, and Kawhi is healthy Kawhi...we're freakin unstoppable
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Monroe gets some minutes and shows as adequate, but quite out of synch with Fred. Moved to the wrong side after a screen and wound up clogging the driving lane a few times. Nice touch around the basket though. If that's your thirteenth guy, Raps are in good shape.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Monroe gets some minutes and shows as adequate, but quite out of synch with Fred. Moved to the wrong side after a screen and wound up clogging the driving lane a few times. Nice touch around the basket though. If that's your thirteenth guy, Raps are in good shape.
                  His offensive repetoire is impressive. Calm, great footwork, and he's strong with the ball.

Honestly, if he were to get minutes at a decent rate, him with a lineup of OG, Kawhi, Green and Lowry is pretty scary offensively from a spacing factor, with enough defensively to be able to hide him from having to come help and rotate. Unless... they throw it into the guy he's guarding, lol.

I would, at some point, like to see that lineup the next time Ibaka/JV get into foul trouble, which I think they will have nights of that nature vs. solid big men like Gobert, etc.

Monroe in the mid-to-high post with Danny in the corner, Lowry anchoring, and OG/Kawhi on the wings and elbows cutting... that's a sight. JV's been doing it well thus far--seldomly, though, and he's not the passing big man that Monroe has been throughout his career.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Lost among the chaos from last night, was a very nice game from Monroe. Happy he finally got some meaningful minutes and didn't look like a scrub.

Comment

Working...
                    X