Everything Greg Monroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    The only guy I'm worried about is Kawhi at this point. Is this loyalty crap that all these players are spewing (Rudy Gay just came out with his two cents on the matter recently) going to get into Kawhi's head?

From all I've read about Kawhi this summer.. it seems trust and loyalty are really important to him. DeMar and his whining might affect our relationship with Kawhi. And that would really, really suck.
    Either that, or Leonard's thinking, "man, this guy is really whining and complaining a lot about leaving this team and city. Maybe this place ain't bad at all..."

As far as other players, that sounds a lot like sour grapes. None of them are in team with a legit shot at the finals so they're pouting.

Like, as if none of them would leave their team in a heartbeat for better contracts or winning chances because they're so "loyal". Bunch of babies looking for attention these guys.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
      Either that, or Leonard's thinking, "man, this guy is really whining and complaining a lot about leaving this team and city. Maybe this place ain't bad at all..."

As far as other players, that sounds a lot like sour grapes. None of them are in team with a legit shot at the finals so they're pouting.

Like, as if none of them would leave their team in a heartbeat for better contracts or winning chances because they're so "loyal". Bunch of babies looking for attention these guys.
      I want to be optimistic.. and hoping Kawhi is bigger than those "babies".. but he was kind of an attention whore this season/summer as well. Maybe not him specifically but definitely his camp.

DeMar wasn't whining about leaving.. it was because Masai "lied" to him. That's painting a picture that Masai is not trust worthy.. and trust was the main reason why Kawhi is no longer a Spur.

This could bite us in the ass. Just wish the media would stop giving these guys an opportunity to yap about it. Nobody was saying sh!t when Blake got traded.. and he was told about the trade via twitter.

Comment

As for Monroe, I hope his role is more of like Nogueira's rather than Poeltl's. The more time he gets at C, the less time for Ibaka there, which means more Ibaka at the 4, which means less OG & Siakam at the 4.

It will all depend on how he'll be used. If Casey was around we'd be screwed. He'd have Monroe out there all time on the account that he's a "vet", but with Nurse I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until mid-season.

Basically, if he sees time almost only when we need a JV type of player on the floor, but JV himself is not available (because of injury or foul trouble), then that's alright.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          At the end of the day Monroe took a discount price to be on a winning team. Winning solves everything.
          Love it. When was last time a solid (and still capable) vet came to Raps on veteran minimum TO BE ON A CONTENDER (I could not resist using caps).

Comment

[QUOTE=planetmars;857481]I want to be optimistic.. and hoping Kawhi is bigger than those "babies".. but he was kind of an attention whore this season/summer as well. Maybe not him specifically but definitely his camp.

DeMar wasn't whining about leaving.. it was because Masai "lied" to him. That's painting a picture that Masai is not trust worthy.. and trust was the main reason why Kawhi is no longer a Spur.

This could bite us in the ass. Just wish the media would stop giving these guys an opportunity to yap about it. Nobody was saying sh!t when Blake got traded.. and he was told about the trade via twitter.[/QUOTE]

Just an opinion... Blake wasn't exactly a popular guy in the crowd while DD hugged everyone in sight and a good guy ... may have something to do with it. But I'll wait until Kawhi speaks for himself ...this is all summer nba gossip.

Comment

The only guy I'm worried about is Kawhi at this point. Is this loyalty crap that all these players are spewing (Rudy Gay just came out with his two cents on the matter recently) going to get into Kawhi's head?

From all I've read about Kawhi this summer.. it seems trust and loyalty are really important to him. DeMar and his whining might affect our relationship with Kawhi. And that would really, really suck.
              You know, I'm kind tired of this loyalty nonsense. I'd buy it if Demar say took 15 mil x5 years (even though he could have gotten close to 30 mil) to be loyal to Raps then "snake" Masai trades him for some Joe Blow.
              He was handsomely paid. He was likely top 20 player in NBA, but one-dimentional. He also grossly underperformed in playoff. Masai traded him for a top 3, top 5 TWO-way player. Enough said.
              Masai made it very clear: Changes are coming. What exactly was anybody thinking? We are going to greatly improve our roster by trading Bebe & Norm for a top 5 player? I'd have preffered that, but lets get serious.
              As for Gay, how about he shuts everybody up & take (with Mr Loyalty Demar) Spurs to home court advantage in playoffs.

Comment

Monroe is good talent for the money they had.

This team is deeeeep.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I want to be optimistic.. and hoping Kawhi is bigger than those "babies".. but he was kind of an attention whore this season/summer as well. Maybe not him specifically but definitely his camp.

This could bite us in the ass. Just wish the media would stop giving these guys an opportunity to yap about it. Nobody was saying sh!t when Blake got traded.. and he was told about the trade via twitter.
                  That Masai "lied" is hearsay. Kawhi never had a relationship with Demar, but will have a chance to have one with Masai for a year. His opinion of Masai will be formed based on that, rather then what's said on twitter by other people.

Given on how the media and twitter portrayed his uncle and his camp, he's the least likely guy to have them carry any weight on his decision. When he enters free agency, his decision will be based primarily on
                  (1) the actual relationships he built here,
                  (2) the on-court team success (or lack thereof),
                  (3) his family considerations, and
                  (4) maybe to a less extent, money.

All of these should weight much more heavily than what was spewed on twitter the year before by people that have nothing to do with him or his career.

Comment

On a side note: what pisses me off the most is freakin' John Wall. Little arrogant locker-room troublemaker, would never pass an opportunity to look down on Lowry/Derozan, but now all of a sudden is this noble Derozan defender. The hypocrisy of it all, smh...

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into what you are reading about Kawhi this summer. He's gonna play for us, they need to paint a picture of him as a victim so they can reshape his public image. All I care about now is that he is healthy, motivated and hasn't lost too much ability having sat a year out.

Comment

These players get paid 30M a year. Stop being so sensitive. I want a GM to be cold blooded. I want them to trade their own mothers if it means we get a few more draft picks.

No one is above getting traded and quite frankly I rather be a franchise that values winning over loyalty. What has loyalty gotten the Raptors the last 10 years?

Comment

On a side note: what pisses me off the most is freakin' John Wall. Little arrogant locker-room troublemaker, would never pass an opportunity to look down on Lowry/Derozan, but now all of a sudden is this noble Derozan defender. The hypocrisy of it all, smh...
                          Everyone trying to cash in on the hate for their advantage.

I am sure Danny Green has something to say about that...

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Everyone trying to cash in on the hate for their advantage.

Gay says DeRozan-Leonard trade shows difference between Spurs, other teams https://t.co/FSD7AAvMj5 pic.twitter.com/FEF2X7useM

— theScore NBA (@theScoreNBA) August 6, 2018

I am sure Danny Green has something to say about that...
                            What the f Rudy Gay is talking about? "Spurs do right by players", nevermind Danny Green, Spurs just had their franchise player request a trade because of the way they dealt with him and his injury. I miss the pre-twitter times.

Comment

What the f Rudy Gay is talking about? "Spurs do right by players", nevermind Danny Green, Spurs just had their franchise player request a trade because of the way they dealt with him and his injury. I miss the pre-twitter times.
                              Gay opted out of the 2nd year of a 8.4M deal and re-signed onto a 10.4M deal, basically getting a 2M raise for no reason. That's what he means by Spurs doing right by him. If Masai signed Rudy to a 3 yr deal @ 12 per, he'd be singing his praises and slagging the Spurs. These guys are priceless.

Comment

It's not just Gay.. Lillard and Wall spoke out as well recently. NBA players (and some of its stars) are insinuating that Masai and the Raptors treated DeMar unfairly. We as fans know that's not true.. but these guys are saying it.. and Kawhi is part of that brother hood.

It may be nothing, and we do have a full year to convince him that the trade was just a business transaction.. but it could be something that eats at Kawhi too especially if the media continues to paint Masai as some evil slum lord.

Kawhi is really fragile. And we know he doesn't want to be here long term. So anything that continues to push him away, even if its minor, can be a bad thing.

And right now everyone is making it seem like we did DeMar wrong.. and all the love the organization gave him while he was here went down the toilet because Masai "lied" to him.
                                Guys... the SEASON HASNT EVEN STARTED YET

Dont you think for even a second that maybe we should see how the season plays out? if the Raps make the finals do you think it's even conceivable Kawhi would go to the Clippers? and granted he wanted to go to LA but now with Lebron and freak show there now, maybe he wouldnt want to be apart of that either.

Of course, no one knows, but we have to see how the season plays out.

think about this -- the Raps have an amazing defensive unit in Kawhi, Green, OG and Lowry with JV as starters with bench mob and Ibaka intact.

This is a team that should win the East... it's a team that may even give the Warriors a bit of trouble cause of their defensive abilities.

Let's not worry what Wall or anyone thinks... Kawhi didnt care what anyone thought last year when he was with the Spurs, im sure he doesnt care what anyone thinks now -- the only player who interacts with Masai now is Kawhi -- not Demar, not Wall, not Gay... not any of them....

Comment

Working...
                                X