No announcement yet.

Everything Greg Monroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underrated part of Monroe's game is his passing out of the post. With this roster, we have the ability surround him with shooters and really take advantage of his post scoring skills.

Comment

Monroe should eat up Yak's minutes and be a more reliable option in the playoffs, if needed.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Sure, he's not perfect but that doesn't mean he's not useful.
        I'm going to steal that line when I go on a date or a job interview. Im not perfect but it dont mean im not useful!

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Underrated part of Monroe's game is his passing out of the post. With this roster, we have the ability surround him with shooters and really take advantage of his post scoring skills.
          Came here to say this.

He's a poor mans JV everywhere except passing. He's a great passer and easily the best of our frontcourt players.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
            I'll withhold my final decision until I see the term & price but this seems like a pretty good depth pick up for the Raptors.
            One year at $2.2M is the report from Shams.

He’s not an upside guy like Wood, but he’s a decent plug and play option at that price.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              One year at $2.2M is the report from Shams.

He’s not an upside guy like Wood, but he’s a decent plug and play option at that price.
              For upside, I'd try to buy low on Skal from the Kangz, ideally for Norm.

Comment

For upside, I'd try to buy low on Skal from the Kangz, ideally for Norm.
                Based on this signing, I’d think that train has sailed.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

$2.2M is the vet minimum.. which means for tax purposes it costs only $1.5M. Great deal.

In terms of fit.. we have a true backup center for JV in case JV ever gets injured. And he's an elite rebounder.. something we lacked when we had Poeltl and Siakam on the bench.

Would have preferred to seen a guy that can play with JV.. but you can't really complain about Monroe for the minimum.

Great job Bobby!

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    Based on this signing, I’d think that train has sailed.
                    I dunno. I'm pretty sure we're shopping Ibaka as hard as possible and Monroe's only here one year. Even JV is probably being offered, for the right price. And Skal still needs a year or two to be ready to contribute on a championship team - yes, championship calibre team. I'd look at it more like a developmental roster spot. He came out way too early from college, but you can never blame a kid for taking the money when it's available.
                    Last edited by golden; Mon Aug 6, 2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Like this signing, but the rotation is jam packed. Hopefully he is not coming in expecting 20 MPG, because if so we need to squeeze one of our wings out of the rotation (that is, another one alongside Norm).

I could see them giving Ibaka rest nights, like one a week, and they could find big minute nights for Monroe that way.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        $2.2M is the vet minimum.. which means for tax purposes it costs only $1.5M. Great deal.

In terms of fit.. we have a true backup center for JV in case JV ever gets injured. And he's an elite rebounder.. something we lacked when we had Poeltl and Siakam on the bench.

Would have preferred to seen a guy that can play with JV.. but you can't really complain about Monroe for the minimum.

Great job Bobby!
                        I know Greg is a good rebounder. Is he actually elite?
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I dunno. I'm pretty sure we're shopping Ibaka as hard as possible and Monroe's only here one year. Even JV is probably being offered, for the right price. And Skal still needs a year or two to be ready to contribute on a championship team - yes, championship calibre team. I'd look at it more like a developmental roster spot. He came out way too early from college, but you can never blame a kid for taking the money when it's available.
                          I honestly don’t see a deal for Ibaka. His contract sucks to the point that you’ll get less for him in a deal than on the court.

I like the idea of buying low on Skal as a project, I just don’t see a deal happening this year. With Monroe there is no longer a need to make a deal for.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                            Let's say very, very good. Not far off of JV's TRB% of 21% with 18% last year. About 2% off JV's career number. So I'd call JV elite and Monroe very good.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                              Okay maybe not elite.. His per36 rebound rate is 12 per game and he had a TRB% 18 last year which is good. Neither are elite.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                Let's say very, very good. Not far off of JV's TRB% of 21% with 18% last year. About 2% off JV's career number. So I'd call JV elite and Monroe very good.
                                I see. Didn't realize he was that good of a rebounder. Well I'm happy because we definitely needed rebounding.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X