No announcement yet.

Everything Greg Monroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to JJ Redick’s podcast. He’s basically saying this won’t affect the way free agents see Toronto and Derozan is not special, this happens all the time
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Listen to JJ Redick’s podcast. He’s basically saying this won’t affect the way free agents see Toronto and Derozan is not special, this happens all the time
      DeRozan is trash.

I admire his loyalty to Toronto but he couldnt come up big when the Raps needed him -- so we needed to find someone who can...

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Gay opted out of the 2nd year of a 8.4M deal and re-signed onto a 10.4M deal, basically getting a 2M raise for no reason. That's what he means by Spurs doing right by him. If Masai signed Rudy to a 3 yr deal @ 12 per, he'd be singing his praises and slagging the Spurs. These guys are priceless.
        Fuck Rudy Gay! Every team he went too got better when he left!

Comment

Funny hearing the opinion of Rudy Gay, when he was with the Raptors he was the third stooge behind Casey and Derozan.

Deep inside Im sure he despise having Derozan as a teammate. Derozan will again expose him as a player. Carroll took the reigns from him, then Norm. Hard to surround Derozan as your main piece.

Big challenge for Pop ahead to correct a nine year flawed player who cant nail the three consistently and cannot defend his position.

Think of it, acquiring a player who is the exact opposite in skillset of two players who you gave up.

Raptors winner no doubt about that, they dont even have to think of Leonard but Green and having to advance the development of three players (JV/OG and Norm) who IMO will slow down in growth with Derozan continued presence.

No fucking brainer, so STFU Rudy.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            These players get paid 30M a year. Stop being so sensitive. I want a GM to be cold blooded. I want them to trade their own mothers if it means we get a few more draft picks.

No one is above getting traded and quite frankly I rather be a franchise that values winning over loyalty. What has loyalty gotten the Raptors the last 10 years?
            If you want loyalty, you have to provide the team with winning, not just loyalty, especially a team president who wants to win.

Look at Kobe, the Lakers slowed down their rebuild to keep him until he retired because he won them 5 championships.

Comment

Going back to the thread topic,

It seems Monroe is a redunant of JV so I guess Masai is confident of his perimeter defenders now with Derozan out of the equation that he is willing to gamble on someone with a more offensive mindset cheap back up big.

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                Going back to the thread topic,

It seems Monroe is a redunant of JV so I guess Masai is confident of his perimeter defenders now with Derozan out of the equation that he is willing to gamble on someone with a more offensive mindset cheap back up big.
                Here's a thought: Monroe heard Nick Nurse is going to have the ball go through JV hands more so maybe Monroe met Nurse and asked him before signing if he plays on the 2nd unit could he also be given the ball more?! Maybe that was the big selling point.

Comment

JV's not an elite rebounder, he's a very good one. The elite rebounders are guys like Drummond and DeAndre Jordan who are up and around 25% TRB%.

And that's if we're just going off rebounding numbers anyway. There are guys (like Marc Gasol or Robin Lopez) who don't actually secure the board, but lift their team's rebounding by being amazing at boxing out and letting other guys get the rebound.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    JV's not an elite rebounder, he's a very good one. The elite rebounders are guys like Drummond and DeAndre Jordan who are up and around 25% TRB%.

And that's if we're just going off rebounding numbers anyway. There are guys (like Marc Gasol or Robin Lopez) who don't actually secure the board, but lift their team's rebounding by being amazing at boxing out and letting other guys get the rebound.
                    He's a top 10 rebounder. I guess it depends on how you want to define elite.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Last 2 years in the top 6 and 4 straight years in the top 8 is not elite, apparently.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

So you think being in the top ten out of 450 professional basketball players in the top league in the world is elite? Dan, SMH.

Comment

JV's an elite rebounder the same way DeRozan's an elite scorer, i.e. not one because there's a group of guys who are better at the skill. And DeRozan's actually in a larger pot there competing with the entire league not just bigs and Westbrook.

Comment

An awful lot of posters here not even considering that Kawhi doesn't read Twitter every minute or care what Rudy Gay thinks about Toronto....I'd bet he's looking forward to a monster season on a good playoff team and see where that takes him.

Save the angst for NEXT off-season ....

Comment

No one cares what Gay says. He had all the size and potential to be an elite wing. He was originally projected to be the next TMac in his draft year. But every team he left got better - Memphis, Toronto. He's the Monta Ellis of wings. I still remember Casey going small ball with him at the center trying to guard friggin Marc Gasol lol! You think CJ Miles on Kevin Love was bad?

Going back to Monroe, he's a great pickup considering he came in cheap. Solid rebounder (no one can get a damn rebound on our team except JV), solid inside guy. We don't need all our players to shoot 3s. And I'm more confident with him being put in a playoff game than Bebe. Oh and his nickname certainly fits this country - Moose!

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                JV's an elite rebounder the same way DeRozan's an elite scorer, i.e. not one because there's a group of guys who are better at the skill. And DeRozan's actually in a larger pot there competing with the entire league not just bigs and Westbrook.
                                What. So, elite means top 2, then? Because the 3rd best guy would have a group of 2 guys better at the skill.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X