Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who Breaks Out This Season?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lol, I literally got goosebumps from reading the article. Not sure if that reflects the quality of the writing/content, or just the reality of the off-season.
    This is not the first powerful article about siakam. There is clearly something special about him in particular, even more so than OG who we all got hype for.

I remember when we drafted him, most people went "who?"..he was the bonus first round pick after the much discussed Knicks #9 (peoltl), and many people wanted others still on the board. Masai went for the supposed energy guy from a small school and we hoped he be maybe the next Jerome Williams. It's quite clear this has become a diamond in the rough
    And suddenly the man, who fancied himself a God, felt a very human chill crawl up his spine.

#KingDethroned

2. Likes Puffer, Nilanka, ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    This is not the first powerful article about siakam. There is clearly something special about him in particular, even more so than OG who we all got hype for.

I remember when we drafted him, most people went "who?"..he was the bonus first round pick after the much discussed Knicks #9 (peoltl), and many people wanted others still on the board. Masai went for the supposed energy guy from a small school and we hoped he be maybe the next Jerome Williams. It's quite clear this has become a diamond in the rough
    He still has to prove he can shoot. I haven't forgot about his 0-68 streak over 20+ games from behind the arc, lol.

Judging from all the summer clips, his shooting form is still lacking smoothness/refinement. Doesn't seem to bend his knees enough, lacking arc, etc.

But the work ethic is definitely promising.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He still has to prove he can shoot. I haven't forgot about his 0-68 streak over 20+ games from behind the arc, lol.

Judging from all the summer clips, his shooting form is still lacking smoothness/refinement. Doesn't seem to bend his knees enough, lacking arc, etc.

Siakam's longest 0-fer 3 point streak last season was 14 games, where he went 0-for-25. That's really bad. But not quite as bad as you make out. It was part of a 28 game long 3-for-59 stretch, though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree. Lots of off-season praise for Pascal and a lot riding on his development, but he has to prove it on the court.

Does anyone have stats for how he performed in the playoff series against the Cav's? The lasting impression I have is how poorly he defended LeBron.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I agree. Lots of off-season praise for Pascal and a lot riding on his development, but he has to prove it on the court.

Does anyone have stats for how he performed in the playoff series against the Cav's? The lasting impression I have is how poorly he defended LeBron.
    He definitely fell short against the Cavs - we spent way too much time with him as primary on LeBron instead of OG.

Hard to show statistically though... Everyone looked awful statistically in that series (FVV probably had the best showing, with his -1.1 net rating).

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Siakam's longest 0-fer 3 point streak last season was 14 games, where he went 0-for-25. That's really bad. But not quite as bad as you make out. It was part of a 28 game long 3-for-59 stretch, though.
    My bad, selective memory, lol.

But the difference between 0-68 and 3-59 is basically luck

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    He definitely fell short against the Cavs - we spent way too much time with him as primary on LeBron instead of OG.

Hard to show statistically though... Everyone looked awful statistically in that series (FVV probably had the best showing, with his -1.1 net rating).
    Another one of Casey's mishaps. I struggled to watch knowing OG should've been the main guy. Sigh.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

9. Likes DanH, DerozansSpurs liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information