Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Who Breaks Out This Season?

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    14,056
    Likes (Given)
    3400
    Likes (Received)
    6056

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lol, I literally got goosebumps from reading the article. Not sure if that reflects the quality of the writing/content, or just the reality of the off-season.
    This is not the first powerful article about siakam. There is clearly something special about him in particular, even more so than OG who we all got hype for.

    I remember when we drafted him, most people went "who?"..he was the bonus first round pick after the much discussed Knicks #9 (peoltl), and many people wanted others still on the board. Masai went for the supposed energy guy from a small school and we hoped he be maybe the next Jerome Williams. It's quite clear this has become a diamond in the rough
    And suddenly the man, who fancied himself a God, felt a very human chill crawl up his spine.

    #KingDethroned

  2. Likes Puffer, Nilanka, ReubenJRD liked this post
  3. #42
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12,611
    Likes (Given)
    5909
    Likes (Received)
    4869

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    This is not the first powerful article about siakam. There is clearly something special about him in particular, even more so than OG who we all got hype for.

    I remember when we drafted him, most people went "who?"..he was the bonus first round pick after the much discussed Knicks #9 (peoltl), and many people wanted others still on the board. Masai went for the supposed energy guy from a small school and we hoped he be maybe the next Jerome Williams. It's quite clear this has become a diamond in the rough
    He still has to prove he can shoot. I haven't forgot about his 0-68 streak over 20+ games from behind the arc, lol.

    Judging from all the summer clips, his shooting form is still lacking smoothness/refinement. Doesn't seem to bend his knees enough, lacking arc, etc.

    But the work ethic is definitely promising.

  4. #43
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    14,163
    Likes (Given)
    4597
    Likes (Received)
    8626

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He still has to prove he can shoot. I haven't forgot about his 0-68 streak over 20+ games from behind the arc, lol.

    Judging from all the summer clips, his shooting form is still lacking smoothness/refinement. Doesn't seem to bend his knees enough, lacking arc, etc.

    But the work ethic is definitely promising.
    Siakam's longest 0-fer 3 point streak last season was 14 games, where he went 0-for-25. That's really bad. But not quite as bad as you make out. It was part of a 28 game long 3-for-59 stretch, though.

  5. #44
    Raptors Republic Superstar LJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,684
    Likes (Given)
    754
    Likes (Received)
    430

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He still has to prove he can shoot. I haven't forgot about his 0-68 streak over 20+ games from behind the arc, lol.

    Judging from all the summer clips, his shooting form is still lacking smoothness/refinement. Doesn't seem to bend his knees enough, lacking arc, etc.

    But the work ethic is definitely promising.
    I agree. Lots of off-season praise for Pascal and a lot riding on his development, but he has to prove it on the court.

    Does anyone have stats for how he performed in the playoff series against the Cav's? The lasting impression I have is how poorly he defended LeBron.

  6. #45
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    14,163
    Likes (Given)
    4597
    Likes (Received)
    8626

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I agree. Lots of off-season praise for Pascal and a lot riding on his development, but he has to prove it on the court.

    Does anyone have stats for how he performed in the playoff series against the Cav's? The lasting impression I have is how poorly he defended LeBron.
    He definitely fell short against the Cavs - we spent way too much time with him as primary on LeBron instead of OG.

    Hard to show statistically though... Everyone looked awful statistically in that series (FVV probably had the best showing, with his -1.1 net rating).

  7. #46
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12,611
    Likes (Given)
    5909
    Likes (Received)
    4869

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Siakam's longest 0-fer 3 point streak last season was 14 games, where he went 0-for-25. That's really bad. But not quite as bad as you make out. It was part of a 28 game long 3-for-59 stretch, though.
    My bad, selective memory, lol.

    But the difference between 0-68 and 3-59 is basically luck

  8. #47
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,389
    Likes (Given)
    958
    Likes (Received)
    232

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    He definitely fell short against the Cavs - we spent way too much time with him as primary on LeBron instead of OG.

    Hard to show statistically though... Everyone looked awful statistically in that series (FVV probably had the best showing, with his -1.1 net rating).
    Another one of Casey's mishaps. I struggled to watch knowing OG should've been the main guy. Sigh.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

  9. Likes DanH, DerozansSpurs liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •