Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I said if this attitude continues throughout preseason than trade him. Only for Butler though.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    You mean the same attitude hes been showing over the last 6 or 7 years?

Hes the same as he has always been. This off season, the media is more critical of Lowry because his best friend got traded, so they’re trying to get some sort of headline out of it. Thats all Lowry is trying to avoid.

Why is this such a big deal? Lol

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      To be fair, we have little evidence that either of those PGs can hold their own as starters over a full season. We have one awesome season off the bench for FVV, and essentially one very good season as a SG off the bench for Wright.
      FVV lead the team in 4q minutes last year. His been tested against stater caliber players.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I never said it's off limits. Lowry is having attitude on championship contending team while being paid the most on the team is concerning to me.

Jimmy Butler trying to get out of terrible origanization isn't as concerning.
        DanH wrote: View Post
        So Lowry's attitude is reason enough to trade him, but talking about Butler's attitude is off-limits?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

FVV lead the team in 4q minutes last year. His been tested against stater caliber players.

Yes, he has proven he can play off the ball beside Lowry. That doesn't mean he can carry the load as the lead (and often lone) PG on the floor.

Leading the team in 4th Q minutes means a) playing with the bench and b) playing the most minutes with the starters of the bench players. About half of the 4th Q is bench time. More when the Raps blow teams out, which happened a lot last year.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I never said it's off limits. Lowry is having attitude on championship contending team while being paid the most on the team is concerning to me.

Lowry is being Lowry on a championship team, and by all accounts doing a great job helping Kawhi integrate himself into the team. Given that, why would we care about Lowry having an attitude specifically with the media?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              You mean the same attitude hes been showing over the last 6 or 7 years?

Hes the same as he has always been. This off season, the media is more critical of Lowry because his best friend got traded, so they’re trying to get some sort of headline out of it. Thats all Lowry is trying to avoid.

Why is this such a big deal? Lol
              I dont ever remember him declining to speak to media during past training camp. I just think Butler would be better for a deep playoff run.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Lowry is being Lowry on a championship team, and by all accounts doing a great job helping Kawhi integrate himself into the team. Given that, why would we care about Lowry having an attitude specifically with the media?
                If he spent all summer ignoring calls from management and coaches than its not just with the media.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I never said it's off limits. Lowry is having attitude on championship contending team while being paid the most on the team is concerning to me.

Please show any evidence, any at all, that Lowry's attitude is affecting the team in some negative way and has not just been him irritated in front of cameras re: DeRozan questions. Because we have quotes and pics from training camp showing that everything is off to a great start, from players and coaches.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Took a few years but I am going to wholeheartedly agree with you Danny on this one 100%

The media by and large always underestimate the respect or affection that the general public holds them in. Its somewhere above Ebola but definitely below the tier of arrogant effing blowhard.

When the bell rings.. and it will in a couple weeks... Kyle Lowry who has spent his whole life wanting to win an NBA championship will show up and play hard. And if he hurts the feelings of Bruce Arthur, Micheal Grange, Josh Lewenberg , Ryan Wolstat or anyone I have missed along the way.....Lowry isn';t going to be missing much sleep.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Sep 28, 2018, 02:37 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

If he spent all summer ignoring calls from management and coaches than its not just with the media.

So you’re going to focus on one tweet from “league sources” compared to dozens of tweets about how good training camp has been for the players, especially from Kawhi who said Day 1 of training camp went great and that he is ready for more?

Comment

• Gaaaaames please get here

We're talking about missed calls. What are we talking bout man. Missed calls. Not the game, not the game that Lowry goes out and plays every one like its last, we talking bout missed calls. How silly is that? We talkin bout missed calls. Missed calls. We talkin bout missed calls
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Gaaaaames please get here

We're talking about missed calls. What are we talking bout man. Missed calls. Not the game, not the game that Lowry goes out and plays every one like its last, we talking bout missed calls. How silly is that? We talkin bout missed calls. Missed calls. We talkin bout missed calls
                          Don't worry, once the games start we'll be talking about a ton of missed calls
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I also think Kyle will thrive a bit more as a playmaker this year. He'll be put in a position to a) have the ball more and b) not have to score himself as often. That combination (along with every player on the floor being a threat to score from anywhere) should lead to Lowry being able to leverage his playmaking to a far greater degree than in the past.
                            100%. I think it's a safe assumption to think Kawhi won't be nearly as ball-dominant as DeRozan on the offensive end, likely at the end of games only.

Lowry, at least when looking at the starting lineup, will be the lone playmaker until/unless Nurse plays the two-point guard lineup, which hasn't been said if he will do that or not. (I feel more likely with Fred and Delon).
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              100%. I think it's a safe assumption to think Kawhi won't be nearly as ball-dominant as DeRozan on the offensive end, likely at the end of games only.

Lowry, at least when looking at the starting lineup, will be the lone playmaker until/unless Nurse plays the two-point guard lineup, which hasn't been said if he will do that or not. (I feel more likely with Fred and Delon).
                              Kawhi is a good shooter, so he can get away with not having the ball in his hands, Derozan, even though he improved his shot, was still not a great shooter. I assume JV will get more touches and will likely be effective because he’ll have the spacing to operate.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

At the very least, although Kawhi can initiate offence, he'll do less of it than DeMar did by necessity, as he can play functionally off ball and be a finisher as a secondary option, so even if he still uses a huge number of possessions, Lowry will initiate more offence at the same time.

I do think at the end of games FVV will get some time in closing lineups. But yeah, the starters, whichever pair of Green/OG/Serge starts beside the main three, really only have Lowry as a primary initiator, Kawhi as a secondary and JV as a post/hand-off initiator.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X