Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    IMO, this is what's eating at Lowry. DeMar said it out loud, but you gotta believe that Lowry's feeling exactly the same way, even moreso.

Wounded pride and ego. Masai, as great as he is, broke the cardinal rule: 'praise in public, criticize in private'. He blamed KL, DD & Casey in that presser, sweating bullets and on the defensive.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/dem...purs-interview
    Well Masai did pursue Lowry in free agency hard and really wanted him to re-sign. So I see why that "gave him chances" comment rubbed him the wrong way. Dude you wanted me here. I didn't beg to stay in Toronto.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

IMO, this is what's eating at Lowry. DeMar said it out loud, but you gotta believe that Lowry's feeling exactly the same way, even moreso.

Wounded pride and ego. Masai, as great as he is, broke the cardinal rule: 'praise in public, criticize in private'. He blamed KL, DD & Casey in that presser, sweating bullets and on the defensive.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/dem...purs-interview
      He was on the defensive cause our ridiculous media was in attack mode after he traded for the best player in franchise history. Its all really pathetic people complaining about this trade and complaining about lowry. By all accounts, lowry has continued to be a great teammate through the first 3 days of training camp. And he has said all the right things when he has made himself available to the media.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
        He was on the defensive cause our ridiculous media was in attack mode after he traded for the best player in franchise history. Its all really pathetic people complaining about this trade and complaining about lowry. By all accounts, lowry has continued to be a great teammate through the first 3 days of training camp. And he has said all the right things when he has made himself available to the media.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
        Masai could have handled things better and the media are dumbasses for sure, but it really is about time that Lowry grew up. Or just win a championship and you can tell everybody to STFU and they'll love you even more.

Comment

• I don't see any issues with Lowry.

He has always disliked the media. He really is a "professional" in the sense that he wants the focus to be on the court. That's why the only times you see him more at ease with the media are in post-game interviews when we've won and he actually gets to talk about succeeding on the court.

He's not an idiot, and he knows that this summer/training camp, questions were not going to have to do with what happens on the court. Every question is going to be nonsense about the trade, DeMar, Kawhi and the coaching change. You think he has any desire to talk about that? I doubt it. Bet he can't wait for the games to start so that at least talking to the media will have to do mostly with what happened that night. I also fully expect that when more inevitable questions come up during the season about the changes and how things are different this year, he'll be dodgy and prickly about them once again.

Comment

• The only thing I'm really worried about Lowry is his physical decline. He's not getting younger and Nurse needs to keep his minutes down.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I think Lowry will be fine. He was always a bit prickly. I rather he be in this 'F U' mode than all happy and comfortable. Even in the worst case (realistic case) that he doesn't perform in the playoffs, I trust FVV and Delon to spell minutes.

Comment

• https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...eep/ar-BBLepZQ

Let's not forget this

The internal finger-pointing hardly stopped there. Sources say in the wake of this year’s sweep by the Cavaliers, Lowry added his voice to an organizational chorus critical of DeRozan’s defensive ineptitude, the worst of which saw him benched for the fourth quarter of Game 3.

Comment

• Comment

• Hm. That’s interesting. Never seen that posed anywhere before.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        whatever bud. keep an eye this year, I'm right, always was, always will be Keon.
                        Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        What a ridiculous reply to an obvious performance.
                        Lowry isn't "pissed" in that way that means he will try harder this year. He's pissed in the "us against them" "players against management" way. He cares more about his buds than he does that Jersey, trust me, and thats fine, HOWEVER, his JOB, is to be a Raptor, and if you think you're getting 100% from a guy that hates his boss......hahahahaha good on ya I suppose. I ain't buying it.

This guy has always put himself before the franchise he played for. His effort on the floor is all Ego, not respect, trust me.

Should have traded him, not demar
                        Superjudge -- STFU.

Comment

• Mixx - Hotshot ...

Those vids are amazing.

giggity giggity giggity

Comment

Masai could have handled things better and the media are dumbasses for sure, but it really is about time that Lowry grew up. Or just win a championship and you can tell everybody to STFU and they'll love you even more.
                            I can't imagine why any fan would care even a little bit about the first part of your post and not focus on the only part that matters, the bold.

None of this stupid media-driven drama means anything at all. Just go win. There's no indication that's not the intent from all involved.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I can't imagine why any fan would care even a little bit about the first part of your post and not focus on the only part that matters, the bold.

None of this stupid media-driven drama means anything at all. Just go win. There's no indication that's not the intent from all involved.
                              Because until you actually do it, the process of how you get there will (and should) be questioned. Process over results, until the results speak for themselves. And the process defines the culture to a large extent.

Comment

Because until you actually do it, the process of how you get there will (and should) be questioned. Process over results, until the results speak for themselves. And the process defines the culture to a large extent.
                                Yeah and the process hasn't changed. This has always been Lowry's process. So why are we upset?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X