Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly here's how I see it.

We should be trying to win the title right now. Not next year, not a few years from now, now. When you make a trade for a guy like Kawhi with only a year left you shouldn't just stop there and say "I'm happy with the team", we should keep trying to get better.

Tbh I'd put anything on the table for Kawhi right now that results in us still having Kawhi, Lowry, JV and one of Siakam or OG. Anything else should be on that able (I'd say JV should be on too but I don't think Minny would even want him and I don't trust Monroe or Ibaka as starting C for 82 games).

You wanna make a real offer for Butler? Ok Minnesota, you want to be good this year right? How about:

Toronto Gets:
    Jimmy Butler
    Gorgui Dieng

Minnesota Gets:
    OG Anunoby
    Serge Ibaka
    Danny Green
    Delon Wright
    2021 1st Round Pick (Top-5 Protected)

Minnesota gets our best young prospect, a starting caliber PF/C who actually fits pretty well with Towns, a starting 2-way 2-guard, and a solid PG in Wright as well as a future 1st round pick. They also offload Dieng's contract.

We get Butler and absorb Dieng's contract (who would be useful to us anyway as a backup 4/5).

Lowry/FVV
    Butler/Powell
    Kawhi/Miles
    Siakam/Dieng
    Valanciunas/Monroe

Still 2 deep at every position except PF if Powell can remember how to play like he did before, and our starting 5 is rock solid. Not sure how an opposing team gets any points from the wing with Butler-Kawhi-Siakam at the 2-3-4, and we can have two of Butler/Kyle/Kawhi on at all times if we want.

Would look to pick up a backup stretch 4 type player from the bargain bin or later in the season in the buyout market to add some more shooting, but I think this elevates our squad totally new heights. Also not sure how Minnesota rejects that offer.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
      I think i mentioned it here already, the Wolves were 4th in the West last year and then Jimmy got hurt and they slipped all the way to 8th. If they lost to Denver in the final game of the season they would've missed the playoffs entirely.

Jimmy is that good of a player.
      there was a full one-game separation between spots 4 and 8 in the west last year. two games separating 3 and 8. three games separating 3 and 9.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Gaaaaames please get here

We're talking about missed calls. What are we talking bout man. Missed calls. Not the game, not the game that Lowry goes out and plays every one like its last, we talking bout missed calls. How silly is that? We talkin bout missed calls. Missed calls. We talkin bout missed calls
        It's Christmas Eve! Game tomorrow! Honestly the most excited I've been for preseason, ever.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's time to re-brand.

T-Rex is gone. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Time to unleash! 😉
          I think you missed an 'r' in your new name.

Comment

1. Hes not a MUCH better player than Kyle
            Yes he is. And i'm talking about the playoffs because it's all about the playoffs for this team

Is Butler not a MUCH better player/performer in the playoffs than Kyle? be honest now.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yes he is. And i'm talking about the playoffs because it's all about the playoffs for this team

Is Butler not a MUCH better player/performer in the playoffs than Kyle? be honest now.
              No. He averaged 15.7 last year and 16 for his career. Never made it past the 2nd round, only Past the first round twice. We're talking about results. I'm excited to see Lowry with a real superstar this year.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No. He averaged 15.7 last year and 16 for his career. Never made it past the 2nd round, only Past the first round twice. We're talking about results. I'm excited to see Lowry with a real superstar this year.

Results? same reason why you think Lowry is a better Raptor than VC because Lowry won more playoff games?

It's a team game. Butler didn't have much help in Chicago. Lowry has much better supporting cast than Butler.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Results? same reason why you think Lowry is a better Raptor than VC because Lowry won more playoff games?

It's a team game. Butler didn't have much help in Chicago. Lowry has much better supporting cast than Butler.
                  I'd love to go around and around on this like we all did all morning, but masai isnt going to trade Lowry for butler

And I never said Lowry was better than vc. I said they're not that far off. Vc was about as good as butler.

Comment

• Butler isn't better than Lowry by a wide enough margin to even do that deal, especially not on a rental.

I'd definitely try to get Butler though but using other assets, not Kyle.

Comment

I'd love to around and around on this like we all did all morning, but masai isnt going to trade Lowry for butler

And I never said Lowry was better than vc. I said they're not that far off. Vc was about as good as butler.
                      I agree with you there. This is all moot. Don't think Lowry is going anywhere.

All i'm saying is:

1. Butler > Lowry

2. Don't trust Lowry in the playoffs. He's known as a perennial playoff choker. Why would this year be different?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

All i'm saying is:

1. Butler > Lowry

2. Don't trust Lowry in the playoffs. He's known as a perennial playoff choker. Why would this year be different?
                        Because the team is completely different. If Lowry only plays as good as he did last year in the playoffs we can still go to the finals. We wont need him to get 22 a game because DeRozan isnt out here shooting 30% and whining to the ref about missed calls while the other team is bringing the ball up to our end

Comment

All i'm saying is:

1. Butler > Lowry

Seriously, did last spring not happen? Did I imagine it?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Seriously, did last spring not happen? Did I imagine it?
                            Don’t bother. TRex is stuck in his own narrative. Similar to how “No stars want to play in Toronto”. Lowry was terrific last Playoffs.

Comment

• Butler didn't have a great playoffs last year (for what he's capable of).. Lowry was actually better. So that argument isn't really something that makes sense.

Ultimately I agree with Shaolin. If we can get Jimmy without trading Lowry I'd do it. OG is a tough one.. but I'm under the assumption we could have Jimmy for 5 years. OG in his prime might get to Jimmy's level but chances are he won't. Jimmy is a top 15-20 player. OG might become the best role player in the NBA.

The concern going forward is Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves, than we have to basically retool around Jimmy (and maybe Kyle). That's not really a contender but would be very close to the DD/Kyle era. Just with a better overall player who's unfortunately going to be hitting his 30's.

If Kawhi sticks around we'll have a top 5 team for quite some time.. up until Jimmy's injuries really catch up to him. Paying him $38M when he's 33/34 will suck though. Houston had no issues doing that for Chris Paul though.

I'm still on the get Jimmy bandwagon. OG is a really, really tough call though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Butler didn't have a great playoffs last year (for what he's capable of).. Lowry was actually better. So that argument isn't really something that makes sense.

Ultimately I agree with Shaolin. If we can get Jimmy without trading Lowry I'd do it. OG is a tough one.. but I'm under the assumption we could have Jimmy for 5 years. OG in his prime might get to Jimmy's level but chances are he won't. Jimmy is a top 15-20 player. OG might become the best role player in the NBA.

The concern going forward is Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves, than we have to basically retool around Jimmy (and maybe Kyle). That's not really a contender but would be very close to the DD/Kyle era. Just with a better overall player who's unfortunately going to be hitting his 30's.

If Kawhi sticks around we'll have a top 5 team for quite some time.. up until Jimmy's injuries really catch up to him. Paying him $38M when he's 33/34 will suck though. Houston had no issues doing that for Chris Paul though.

I'm still on the get Jimmy bandwagon. OG is a really, really tough call though.
                                I'm a little too cautious I think. I definitely understand the idea of moving OG to get it done, but I just couldn't take the risk myself. OG and Siakam would be off the board. So unless the market is completely dead, I'd be doing what Masai appears to be doing - bowing out. If Butler can be had for a package around Wright, a 1st and taking on dead salary, obviously sign me up, but I don't think that's there - though who knows, the way this Wolves saga is playing out.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X