No announcement yet.

Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA made a couple of changes to the rule book for this year. Including a change to the clear path foul and a new "freedom of movement" rule.

Here are some videos describing the changes:

Looks like the NBA wants to value scoring more than defense. That freedom of movement rule will really help teams like GSW. Can also slow the game down if too many fouls are called.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Welcome to the resistance, we still watch ball games at the Skydome.
      Why not ROGERS Skydome? Was that so hard? Rogers place or center or whatever is beyond generic, Vancouver and Edmonton have one too
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• So.. Bobby Webster and Masai are going to have some challenging decisions to make in the days ahead.

Comment

• Former Raptor Alonzo McKinnie is getting a 2-way contract with the Warriors

Comment

• So.. Spurs guard Derrick White is now out 6 to 8 weeks, which means that the Spurs starting point guard could well be ... Demar DeRozan.

Likely means that Spurs will be active on the waiver wire for guards, so may have an interest in Felder among others

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/s...o%20Basketball

NY Times Preview of the Season:

"A 59-win team that was the top seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs last season added Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, two players molded in the San Antonio Championship Factory. Despite that, the Raptors seem like a distant third-best squad in their own division. That’s how talented the Atlantic is this year."

"They are a playoff team either way, but the good version of Leonard would make them the dark horse of the East."

DISTANT THIRD BEST? Healthy Leonard makes them a DARKHORSE?

Let's get the Raptors are disrespected by the media train started now! It's never too early.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  So.. Spurs guard Derrick White is now out 6 to 8 weeks, which means that the Spurs starting point guard could well be ... Demar DeRozan.

Likely means that Spurs will be active on the waiver wire for guards, so may have an interest in Felder among others
                  They still have Patty Mills. I suspect he'll be their starting PG.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/s...o%20Basketball

"A 59-win team that was the top seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs last season added Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, two players molded in the San Antonio Championship Factory. Despite that, the Raptors seem like a distant third-best squad in their own division. That’s how talented the Atlantic is this year."

"They are a playoff team either way, but the good version of Leonard would make them the dark horse of the East."

Let's get the Raptors are disrespected by the media train started now! It's never too early.
                    Well, it's not like they just added Kawhi and Green. They lost DeMar and Poeltl, with Demar being the biggest part of Toronto getting to 59 wins last season. On the other hand Boston basically is adding two all stars without any loses to their roster. Philly is over hyped in my opinion, but if there is a young team in the league you're going to be over hyped about, it's Philly. Toronto just has to continue to prove the experts wrong.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/s...o%20Basketball

I see these previews and I read "The Raptors have embarrassed themselves in the playoffs for many many years. Until they don't, we can't take them seriously"

And then it makes sense.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I see these previews and I read "The Raptors have embarrassed themselves in the playoffs for many many years. Until they don't, we can't take them seriously"

And then it makes sense.
                        Never underestimate the 'absurdly hot take designed to generate anger clicks from a jilted fanbase' play.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

And then it makes sense.
                          If we switch our highest usage notorious playoff underachiever to a highest usage notorious playoff overachiever and still choke?

Burn it down, Toronto has a curse
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Oh god....

... C.J. Miles is next in line for the Go Daddy partnership.

Well, at least it's him and not OG, or Pascal lol.

If you don't believe me, go watch the official Raptors' instagram page story.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Deng Adel was waived.

Comment

• Collinsworth, Felder, and Moreland too.

Raptors exercise two-way option on Boucher.

Comment

Working...
                                X