Dang.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Whatever happened to Kay Felder?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
          Collinsworth, Felder, and Moreland too.

Raptors exercise two-way option on Boucher.
          Makes sense that Boucher is the one to get the second 2-way. A big man with an intriguing enough skillset who also is Canadian...could do a lot worse for an end-of-bench guy
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
            Whatever happened to Kay Felder?
            I assume Raptors will try and convince him to sign with the 905

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              ... Toronto just has to continue to prove the experts wrong.

Period.

Comment

• So here's our official 16-man team:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  They still have Patty Mills. I suspect he'll be their starting PG.
                  Assuming the non-PG starters for San Antonio are Derozan, Gay, Aldridge, and Gasol..

That means you have a bench of Poeltl, Cunningham, Okaro White, Metu, Forbes, and Bellinelli.

Of you're Popovich, would you rather have your experienced PG play with the starters, a group that includes two ball-dominant iso players, or are you going to want him to play with the bench, where the offense is likely going to come from running off screens to free up Belinelli and Forbes from behind the arc?

Don't forget that Mills is 30, and his high minutes year was last year at 25 minutes per game. Years prior, he averaged 15 to 20 minutes per game. Asking him at this point to jump to 30 to 35 minutes per game just seems like a recipe for declining play/injury.

Regardless, we know that Pops will be experimenting with a wide variety of lineups, with non-traditional substitution patterns.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    So here's our official 16-man team:

"Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Dang.
                      Guessing the Raptors hope he passes through waivers and heads to the 905

Comment

Makes sense that Boucher is the one to get the second 2-way. A big man with an intriguing enough skillset who also is Canadian...could do a lot worse for an end-of-bench guy
                        I'm a huge fan of Boucher, as I've gassed him up plenty to many of the RR faithful.

He can shoot the ball, and Nurse spoke highly of his defensive instincts -- I saw it up front courtside along with other media members when they played China in Vancouver. I also spoke to Triano after that game, and it was something Boucher had done consistently in practice, he was a nuisance defensively, and always in the right spot offensively.

I was sitting with Doug Eberhardt, formerly scouting for the Rockets, and he was also a big fan of Boucher.

He understands defensive positioning, awesome length, athletic, shoots the ball as I've mentioned, blocks and changes shots, plus he's only 25, which, is actually still fairly young seeing as most guys tend to decline by 31, 32.

If I'm not mistaken, the guy has a ring with the Warriors too?
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

So here's our official 16-man team:

I count 12 guys that would be in a ton of teams top 8

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            Assuming the non-PG starters for San Antonio are Derozan, Gay, Aldridge, and Gasol..

That means you have a bench of Poeltl, Cunningham, Okaro White, Metu, Forbes, and Bellinelli.

Of you're Popovich, would you rather have your experienced PG play with the starters, a group that includes two ball-dominant iso players, or are you going to want him to play with the bench, where the offense is likely going to come from running off screens to free up Belinelli and Forbes from behind the arc?

Don't forget that Mills is 30, and his high minutes year was last year at 25 minutes per game. Years prior, he averaged 15 to 20 minutes per game. Asking him at this point to jump to 30 to 35 minutes per game just seems like a recipe for declining play/injury.

Regardless, we know that Pops will be experimenting with a wide variety of lineups, with non-traditional substitution patterns.
                            Pop said recently that DeRozan may very well be the Spurs' best passer.

I mean, DeRozan significantly improved on that front, but, the SPURS' BEST PASSER? Gasol's quite the set-up artist.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                              Pop said recently that DeRozan may very well be the Spurs' best passer.

I mean, DeRozan significantly improved on that front, but, the SPURS' BEST PASSER? Gasol's quite the set-up artist.
                              Everything pop says to the media is calculated. Gasol doesnt need the ego boost, or the reminder that passing=good

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Everything pop says to the media is calculated. Gasol doesnt need the ego boost, or the reminder that passing=good
                                Absolutely it's calculated.

He's also not going to say that with all their point guards gone, the team will have no assists, lol.

However, I like what I'm hearing as a DeRozan fan. He's getting a lot of love and support in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X