Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Count your blessings; we could have had PetCo Field or Minute Maid Park.....
    Even worse, the sleep train arena. Another shrewd move by kings ownership. "Everybody come get loud and raucous, come hop aboard the sleep train!!"

And the middle schooler still very much alive inside me giggles at the "gaylord entertainment center" in Nashville
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I suspect Boucher won out because of his passport. Masai likes to bring in Canadians. It's been part of his m.o since he got here.
      Yes there seems to be a really good collaboration between the Raptors organization and the Canadian national team which benefits/strategic to both. This relationship will strengthen with ex Raptor's GM Glen Grundwald at the helm.

Comment

I suspect Boucher won out because of his passport. Masai likes to bring in Canadians. It's been part of his m.o since he got here.
        Canadians and Africans...as opposed to the hairy chested euro fetish of bryco
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Boucher got a two way

Comment

I suspect Boucher won out because of our lack of big man depth more than anything, and his potential as a shooter and shot blocker.

Boucher is a stick, and I don't know if he could manage the grind in the NBA. However he had valued skills. This is in contrast to Moreland who has a pretty good set of physical tools since he's decently strong and quite athletic, but his game is very lacking in the skills department.

Probably see Boucher as a potential fit as a role playing stretch PF and small ball C. In other words, if everything goes right he can maybe take Ibaka's spot in a year or two. And if it doesn't no one will be upset.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Boucher has skill.. and he fits the team.. but Masai loves Canadians. It's a tangible factor and might have been the deciding one over Moreland.

We can go through the list.. but Masai has brought in a lot of Canadians.. either as a free agent, trade, interest in the draft or for camp invites.

And I think he's doing it intentionally since we are Canada's only team.

Really wouldn't be surprised at all if in 2020 we hear rumours of interest on Jamal Murray. Happens to be the same time that Lowry is a free agent too. If Kawhi leaves and we rebuild/tank.. I bet Murray will be getting a max type deal from Masai and hoping Denver doesn't match.

Comment

• Spurs are messed up. Is it something in the water at San Antonio?!

Comment

Boucher has skill.. and he fits the team.. but Masai loves Canadians. It's a tangible factor and might have been the deciding one over Moreland.

We can go through the list.. but Masai has brought in a lot of Canadians.. either as a free agent, trade, interest in the draft or for camp invites.

And I think he's doing it intentionally since we are Canada's only team.

Really wouldn't be surprised at all if in 2020 we hear rumours of interest on Jamal Murray. Happens to be the same time that Lowry is a free agent too. If Kawhi leaves and we rebuild/tank.. I bet Murray will be getting a max type deal from Masai and hoping Denver doesn't match.
                  I highly doubt it is the deciding factor. It's just a nice bonus.

Moreland is the kind of guy you can probably pick up mid-season if need be. A low skill energy big. The kind of guy who is just a body. Boucher has potential to be more than that, so I'm sure that's what got him the contract.

It will always just be a bonus angle. Masai is smart enough to know there are minor marketing perks to having Canadians...but at the G-league level these guys aren't visible enough for that to matter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I feel like Moreland might have a better fit for us than Monroe, but we'll see.

I get Boucher though. I think the Canadian angle is a nice bonus but rim protection plus 3 ball is a rare combination and it makes sense to try and foster that.

Comment

• The Canadian angle doesn't hurt but it's not like he'll sell seat to finally get the Raps a sellout ....

Comment

The Canadian angle doesn't hurt but it's not like he'll sell seat to finally get the Raps a sellout ....
                        Might sell some seats for the 905.

I think they like having players who appreciate the country and city in the organization, especially around the fringes of the roster where the opportunity cost is exceedingly low.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Might sell some seats for the 905.

I think they like having players who appreciate the country and city in the organization, especially around the fringes of the roster where the opportunity cost is exceedingly low.
                          Who can disagree with logic?

Comment

Who can disagree with logic?
                            DanH = LOGIC

Comment

• Bring back Bosh?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                                Bring back Bosh?

For 1 game, sure. Dude deserves a proper retirement.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X