Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    For 1 game, sure. Dude deserves a proper retirement.
    He can go to Miami for that.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      He can go to Miami for that.
      I agree.

Sounds like he wants one last shot to play a role for a season. It shouldn't be in Toronto. We moved on after he moved on.
      And a one day? That should be in Miami where he wouldn't hear a smattering of boos ....

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        For 1 game, sure. Dude deserves a proper retirement.
        That sounds awfully similar to a "proper funeral".

Comment

• I dont know what they see on Lorenzo Brown but the player has no concept of team basketball. He just wanted to get his numbers posted on the board...a mentality carried over from the hay days of Casey.

Yes he is an end of bench guy who may not see signficiant minutes but the guard position is already loaded.

Alfonso Mckinney was just signed by the Warriors and Steve Kerr have some positive words for him. I thought he should have been our end of bench filler than that garbage Brown (i see in him as the other brother of Derozan and Joseph from the lineage of Casey).

Comment

• A piece about Kawhi in the Globe today (Cathal Kelly). Some of it comparing the preening of Butler w Leonard (re their contracts).

The link is a Kelly columns aggregator and the article is the first in the list ... allows get around of the G&M firewall ...

https://raptorsaggr.com/author/cathal-kelly

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              A piece about Kawhi in the Globe today (Cathal Kelly). Some of it comparing the preening of Butler w Leonard (re their contracts).

The link is a Kelly columns aggregator and the article is the first in the list ... allows get around of the G&M firewall ...

https://raptorsaggr.com/author/cathal-kelly
              Kelly seems pretty negative on Kawhi in general and a review through that same link of a Cathal story from three weeks ago kinda confirms it as he seems to think that Kawhi owed the media a Toronto appearance and presser within 24 hours of the trade lol. As we all know, Leonard is just not that guy.

He actually said that Kawhi would be better to show up and lie about loving the trade and being here than do what he almost always does; keep his thoughts to himself and refrain from tweeting every 3 and a half munutes ....

I was all for trying to bring Jimmy into Toronto and taking that gamble but not if it included OG or maybe Siakam. If it doesn't get it done for Serge and spare parts like Myles or Powell (why would it?) then I'm OK with running with this team as is right now.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Kelly seems pretty negative on Kawhi in general and a review through that same link of a Cathal story from three weeks ago kinda confirms it as he seems to think that Kawhi owed the media a Toronto appearance and presser within 24 hours of the trade lol. As we all know, Leonard is just not that guy.

He actually said that Kawhi would be better to show up and lie about loving the trade and being here than do what he almost always does; keep his thoughts to himself and refrain from tweeting every 3 and a half munutes ....

I was all for trying to bring Jimmy into Toronto and taking that gamble but not if it included OG or maybe Siakam. If it doesn't get it done for Serge and spare parts like Myles or Powell (why would it?) then I'm OK with running with this team as is right now.
                Apart for the cap considerations, I have recently soured on Butler's antics... just too much diva stuff going on imv. I appreciate Masai's view about ensuring the "character" element in players he wants on the Raptors. Always thought JB was a hard nosed and talented player but the league has changed over the last few years (banding for the super team) and salary structure changes for the top tier player probably has also lent to this.

In anycase, I had not read CK's previous take on Kawhi but he concedes here that KL has played his part in a low keyed way and consistently tight lipped. It's ok by me... we are always lamenting about consistency and I hope KL can show the same on the floor. And all will be well!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

We don't have to do a trade right now, Thibs wants the moon for Butler so Masai like Riley can tell him to fuck off.

What the Raptors need to do is to position some of the players with questionable issues in better opportunities to succeed this season even if it costs us a few games. Maybe at the trade deadline something could be dangled and be picked up in a hurry where players like Serge, Wright, Miles and Powell could bring greater return then they do now.

Comment

We don't have to do a trade right now, Thibs wants the moon for Butler so Masai like Riley can tell him to fuck off.

What the Raptors need to do is to position some of the players with questionable issues in better opportunities to succeed this season even if it costs us a few games. Maybe at the trade deadline something could be dangled and be picked up in a hurry where players like Serge, Wright, Miles and Powell could bring greater return then they do now.
                    Absolutely. Trades like this can always happen in-season to put the team over the top. There no rush now until we we how what we've got, gels over 20 games. Or Thibs caves in and gives Butler away for something more reasonable

Comment

• Bruno waived by the Rockets.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Bruno waived by the Rockets.
                        Shocker!
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Bruno waived by the Rockets.
                          Bring him home! (905 that is!)

Bruno should call Bebe and see whether he could find a spot on that Spanish team of his. Maybe a slower pace/moving game is what he needs for his development.

Comment

• Knicks finally waived Noah.

Is he a player the Raptors could potentially sign? Vet min. and a defensive-minded centre.

He's obviously been on the decline, though, and the Raptors have like a million centres.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bring him home! (905 that is!)

Bruno should call Bebe and see whether he could find a spot on that Spanish team of his. Maybe a slower pace/moving game is what he needs for his development.
                              No. I don't him anywhere near this team.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                                Knicks finally waived Noah.

Is he a player the Raptors could potentially sign? Vet min. and a defensive-minded centre.

He's obviously been on the decline, though, and the Raptors have like a million centres.
                                No let Noah head to Minnesota, where Thibs attempts to recreate the 2010 Bulls team like a teenager stuck in the past and still playing with his action figures dolls from his childhood.

That team will be entertaining this season for the wrong reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X