Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We need to get you laid Mixx

Jusssss kidding go raps
    well damn man lol
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
      Its just fans of other teams and the media who stick to that narrative. A lot of players who played for the Raptors or even played against them say Toronto is a great city and we have great fans. Barkley is one of those guys who say Toronto is a great city. It honestly is a great city compared to a lot of American cities.

Previous Raptors stars left, not because the city or the fans are bad, but because the front office and the team were terrible. The team is very good and we have a one of the best GMs in the league now.

Demar loved the city and the team, he never met with any other team in free agency. The team grew on Lowry, who thought this would be just a one season stop, has been here for a long time.

Move on from that narrative.
      The narrative exists for a reason though. PJ Tucker bailed for less money. We had to outbid Detroit for Carroll. Bosh, Vince, TMac....

DeMar was a unique case, he grew up here and literally has the word loyalty tattooed on him. Lowry's first re-signing is the best example of a player staying, but it's not enough to counter a couple decades of history.

Kawhi is the ultimate test case. If he stays, the narrative is shattered. If he leaves, the narrative will live on for a long long time.

Comment

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

how could we trade OG?
          Who's talking in that video? Is it the new guy?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Who's talking in that video? Is it the new guy?
            Sounds like him but it can't be him.

Also Norm has something to say:

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Sounds like him but it can't be him.

Also Norm has something to say:

Why can't it be him? (other than everything we know about him)

Comment

This press conference told me a lot.

1. It was a good move to get rid of Derozan, the returns say it all, HOWEVER, I wish to hell it would have been Lowry. He's a little piece of trash.

2. Lowry is a piece of trash.

I'd have loved to see this squad play with Deroan and Leonard, with FVV and Delon at the PG. Lowry ain't all that great, and his ENTIRE demeanor is gonna be a hige locker issue this year. He's already sulking, pissing, and moaning about his precious BFF being traded. Clearly the two were way to comfortable playing together, and far to satisfied with the results.

Comment

You going? I wanted to go..but I live in calgary and it wasnt in the fall budget
                  Give a call to Catherine McKenna..she has a private jet she uses to go coast to coast to coast two or three times a week..she can give you a lift. You just can’t bring a plastic straw.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Sep 24, 2018, 08:29 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

1. It was a good move to get rid of Derozan, the returns say it all, HOWEVER, I wish to hell it would have been Lowry. He's a little piece of trash.

I'd have loved to see this squad play with Deroan and Leonard, with FVV and Delon at the PG. Lowry ain't all that great, and his ENTIRE demeanor is gonna be a hige locker issue this year. He's already sulking, pissing, and moaning about his precious BFF being traded. Clearly the two were way to comfortable playing together, and far to satisfied with the results.
                    I didn't get that vibe from Lowry at all. Sure he naturally may not ba thrilled his best friend got traded but he never said he won't compete.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      I didn't get that vibe from Lowry at all. Sure he naturally may not ba thrilled his best friend got traded but he never said he won't compete.
                      Yeah I agree. He never really was a friendly media guy to begin with, wasn't really anything new. Plus I would much rather have Lowry than DeRozan, nothing against Demar, Lowry is just really good and fits with any lineup or play style.

I really liked the FVV interview, hes definitely committed and locked into being a winner. I get the sense that he is all in on doing whatever it takes to win, but longterm wants to be a starter in the league. I wonder if thats why a short term contract was appealing. I wouldn't hesitate to say he is the best backup pg in the league and better than quite a few starting pgs; the future of the Raptors pg position will be something to watch as the season progresses.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

I know you like to use strong language for effect, but you're out of line.

You can call him ornery, difficult, hell call him selfish if you want, but a piece of trash?

The guy lays his body on the line every night for your favorite team. He gives a shit ton of time and money to charity. For example every Christmas he loads 30 underprivileged Toronto children into a bus to the toy store and gives them a shopping spree. He doesn't have to do that. Hes never been in trouble with the law, never been in any marital trouble and we've never heard bad words from friends, never had any serious conduct issues or suspensions from the nba or the teams that employ him.

But because hes prickly and abrasive, you call him a piece of trash. I can't respect that. And I have my doubts you're a better man than him, although I've been wrong before.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Jerry West & Ballmer are not going to like that picture.

Comment

Lowry came off as a baby. Made a conscious effort to answer any "how are you question" with a sulking "all right".

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                              Lowry came off as a baby. Made a conscious effort to answer any "how are you question" with a sulking "all right".
                              Big deal. Lowry does his talking on the court.

After 6 years youd think you guys would get over expecting him to become prince charming
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Big deal. Lowry does his talking on the court.

After 6 years youd think you guys would get over expecting him to become prince charming
                                Yep I really don't care how he treats the media who were clearly trying to bait him for their own self- interest. As long as he works and plays hard, that's all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X