Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Everything pop says to the media is calculated. Gasol doesnt need the ego boost, or the reminder that passing=good
    Or that team is just going to stink passing the ball this year because DeRozan literally is their best passer.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      Pop said recently that DeRozan may very well be the Spurs' best passer.

I mean, DeRozan significantly improved on that front, but, the SPURS' BEST PASSER? Gasol's quite the set-up artist.
      DeMar might end up being the Spurs official point guard at this point...Dejounte Murray tore his ACL, Derrick White, one of their backup guards, just got a heel injury and is out for 6-8 weeks, and their rookie guard Lonnie Walker IV is also out for 6-8 weeks after meniscus surgery.

The only guards they have on the roster right now are DeMar, Patty Mills, who averaged just under 3 assists a game last year in 26 MPG, and Bryn Forbes, who averaged 1 assist a game in 19 minutes
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• So.. interesting thought experiment: By waiving Adel, Collinsworth, Felder, and Moreland now, which is relatively early for a team, does the team think that they're more likely to go unclaimed, as teams wait to see who else might hit the wire, or are they giving those four the best chance to latch on to another team, as rosters haven't been set yet by the majority of teams?

Comment

• I liked Adel in the bits I saw him in. But we need more big man depth. Especially if Serge will be playing the 5 more than the 4. So Boucher makes sense. Still not sure why we gave Lloyd that two-way deal so early. He's nothing special really.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Or that team is just going to stink passing the ball this year because DeRozan literally is their best passer.
            Their team was already playing a ton of iso...and their top 3 options are Aldridge, DeRozan and old Rudy gay.

This is an experiment to see if 1999 can still work
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              So.. interesting thought experiment: By waiving Adel, Collinsworth, Felder, and Moreland now, which is relatively early for a team, does the team think that they're more likely to go unclaimed, as teams wait to see who else might hit the wire, or are they giving those four the best chance to latch on to another team, as rosters haven't been set yet by the majority of teams?
              Moreland is already on his way to Lakers apparently
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Their team was already playing a ton of iso...and their top 3 options are Aldridge, DeRozan and old Rudy gay.

This is an experiment to see if 1999 can still work
                The Spurs are one of those organizations that proves the naysayers wrong every season. Pop is still a great coach so I can't doubt the Spurs won't be competitive until they actually have a bad season.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Moreland is already on his way to Lakers apparently
                  Liked his rebounding and overall toughness. Sometimes you need guys like that to match up with physical energy bigs like TT & Bam Adebayo.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Welcome to the resistance, we still watch ball games at the Skydome.
                    Count your blessings; we could have had PetCo Field or Minute Maid Park.....

Comment

So.. interesting thought experiment: By waiving Adel, Collinsworth, Felder, and Moreland now, which is relatively early for a team, does the team think that they're more likely to go unclaimed, as teams wait to see who else might hit the wire, or are they giving those four the best chance to latch on to another team, as rosters haven't been set yet by the majority of teams?
                      I believe they are giving them the best chance to get re-claimed by another team. Maybe that's part of the appeal of signing a camp deal with the Raptors who have one of the deepest teams in the NBA. If you don't make it on a bad team, then it doesn't give a great incentive for other teams to claim you. However if you are dropped by a really good/deep team then lesser teams might find you a more intriguing prospect who simply couldn't crack the rotation because the team is so good.

I therefore expect most of the prospects to be re-claimed by other teams because they each showed a little bit of something on the court. The belief you can get more out of the player then his previous team is always a possibility. This is why the Raptors now have Boucher and why GS have McKinnie.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        The Spurs are one of those organizations that proves the naysayers wrong every season. Pop is still a great coach so I can't doubt the Spurs won't be competitive until they actually have a bad season.
                        They said the same thing about the Grizzlies and they stretched it out more then I thought was possible but they fell too. I am sure Pops has many tricks in his bag to make the Spurs a competitive team this season but I wouldn't be surprised if they will miss the playoffs, cause the West is too deep with talent.

Comment

Going with the bolded..

Moreland vs Boucher must have been a hard choice...
                          Moreland can really clean the glass and he has mean streak in him..thats a skill this team can use....
                          Boucher might be one of those guys that turns into a solid end of the rotation type guy. Raps for a small investment just provided Boucher with a year of stability to grow into that role.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Oct 12, 2018, 03:53 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• The organization clearly likes Miller
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I suspect Boucher won out because of his passport. Masai likes to bring in Canadians. It's been part of his m.o since he got here.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

The organization clearly likes Miller
                                Yes and this shows good faith by the organization helping out a player that was hurt while wearing its uniform. Clearly this move will help Miller fast track his rehab and possibly parlay that into a 2 way contract with an NBA team once he is healthy and shows no decline while playing for the 905.

Comment

Working...
                                X