Everything Training Camp 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Danny on SiriusXM said Kawhi is talking more than he did in the past and he seems more comfortable in this group

Comment

• i dont think we should get jimmy butler because its going to cost waaaaay to much... unless we can get him without giving up JV.... Lowry, OG, Kawhi...

Basically I wouldn't offer more than perhaps Delon, and Serge, and maybe a second rounder and thats my best offer. He may walk so whats the point....

That said I dont think he honestly would walk.... I bet we could even get them to sign short term deals like 3 year deals at the max level. Worst case scenario we just created max cap space for the following year LOL.

I would be more than ok if we dont get jimmy though. Id much rather see him go to miami than any thing else.

Comment

Danny on SiriusXM said Kawhi is talking more than he did in the past and he seems more comfortable in this group
        do you have a transcript of this

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          do you have a transcript of this
          nah man
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Kawhi Leonard on Sirius XM

- Loves fishing, golfing, nature (beach) and spends a lot of time in San Diego.
            - Excited to play with players who are good defenders
            - Lowry has been tremendous help for him
            - He's not worried about free agency. He's taking it day by day.
            - His goal to win a championship with this team. Hard to say what are the chances, gotta take it day by day.
            - Can't judge Eastern Conference. It's a new season
            - Doesn't have social media so he doesn't know what people are saying about his laugh.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I know you like to use strong language for effect, but you're out of line.

You can call him ornery, difficult, hell call him selfish if you want, but a piece of trash?

The guy lays his body on the line every night for your favorite team. He gives a shit ton of time and money to charity. For example every Christmas he loads 30 underprivileged Toronto children into a bus to the toy store and gives them a shopping spree. He doesn't have to do that. Hes never been in trouble with the law, never been in any marital trouble and we've never heard bad words from friends, never had any serious conduct issues or suspensions from the nba or the teams that employ him.

But because hes prickly and abrasive, you call him a piece of trash. I can't respect that. And I have my doubts you're a better man than him, although I've been wrong before.
              whatever bud. keep an eye this year, I'm right, always was, always will be Keon.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                For those dogging on Lowry for being what you deem ornery yesterday, how the hell did you expect him to act??

An unpleasant reminder:

Last time he donned his jersey, his team got swept by Lebron & the Cavs in absolutely humiliating fashion, laying waste to so many great expectations and a 59 win season with his best friend shitting the bed, getting benched to end one game and ejected the next, and the entire squad utterly collapsing, followed by the breaking up of the band as he knew it. And as our leader he probably takes on more responsibility than anybody, despite personally having had a generally very strong playoff performance.

I'm glad his memory is longer than yours.

Stay pissed Kyle. I'm hoping for a lot of things this year but sunshine and roses from you on media day .... not high on my list.
                What a ridiculous reply to an obvious performance.
                Lowry isn't "pissed" in that way that means he will try harder this year. He's pissed in the "us against them" "players against management" way. He cares more about his buds than he does that Jersey, trust me, and thats fine, HOWEVER, his JOB, is to be a Raptor, and if you think you're getting 100% from a guy that hates his boss......hahahahaha good on ya I suppose. I ain't buying it.

This guy has always put himself before the franchise he played for. His effort on the floor is all Ego, not respect, trust me.

Should have traded him, not demar

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I mean in the middle of that piece you quoted he literally says:

"I'm here to do my job," Lowry said. "... My mindset never changes: Come to work for the Toronto Raptors, try to win (an NBA championship)."

People are only seeing what they want to see. Hes trying to not make waves and show that hes behind his buddy derozan. They built this together. Now that we're through media day, the needling about the devastating loss of his bff will slowly disappear and we'll see his attitude shift to the basketball hungry guy again
                  how the fuck you don't see why THIS is the very issue Mack and I are addressing is pretty troubling. This guy has ZERO alliegence to the Toronto franchise. Won't talk to management because his best bud was traded, want spek to the coach? In the past in Houston he was known to not wanna "talk to the coach" they traded his ass. It's not new. And when guys start reverting to "its all a business" " I do my job"....trust me, it's not a good thing.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                    Kawhi on Nick Nurse, calling him a "brilliant mind."

yep. ad while thats going on...... Lowry is pouting

Comment

• Raps getting some Respect.

Comment

• Maybe Lowry is purposefully pouting to draw some of the media attention / vultures away from Kawhi.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          how the fuck you don't see why THIS is the very issue Mack and I are addressing is pretty troubling. This guy has ZERO alliegence to the Toronto franchise. Won't talk to management because his best bud was traded, want spek to the coach? In the past in Houston he was known to not wanna "talk to the coach" they traded his ass. It's not new. And when guys start reverting to "its all a business" " I do my job"....trust me, it's not a good thing.
                          Raptors just proved this season "its all business" so let's drop that bullshit. We traded Demar. It was business. Lowry says "Ok it's all business"

Comment

• That's some shit Superjudge. Lowry is supposed to "pledge allegiance" (Jesus Christ) to franchise. But not feel in any sort of way that his friend was traded.
                            Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Sep 27, 2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

That's good to hear.

This group is younger, and probably more laid back than the Spurs teams he was on.

That's the kind of thing you want to hear for their chances to re-sign him. Maybe nothing will help keep him from talking to other teams more than knowing he's already found a situation where he can 100% be himself.

Comment

That's some shit Superjudge. Lowry is supposed to "pledge allegiance" (Jesus Christ) to franchise. But not feel in any sort of way that his friend was traded.

Not to mention, he's glad that he was able to raise his kids in Toronto. But whatever.
                                IMO, this is what's eating at Lowry. DeMar said it out loud, but you gotta believe that Lowry's feeling exactly the same way, even moreso.

At the end of the day, I gave everything I had to that team. And it showed, it showed in the progress we made as a team and me as an individual. So when you put that out there saying “gave them chances” and “I have to do something” … it’s B.S. to me
                                Wounded pride and ego. Masai, as great as he is, broke the cardinal rule: 'praise in public, criticize in private'. He blamed KL, DD & Casey in that presser, sweating bullets and on the defensive.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/dem...purs-interview

Comment

Working...
                                X