Toronto media, no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto media, no more

I am so glad MU spoke up today! Canadians have pride Jesus Christ you sound like pussies every time you talk about players staying in Toronto. Either Toronto media is dumb for asking the question in the first place because it makes the player feel like it’s ok to leave, or you are a lazy reporter beating on a dead horse from almost a decade ago or your not a real Canadian. The next reporter to talk about Canada not being a destination for players should be fired or never be able to ask these players a question about period.

Is everywhere outside of east side Toronto really that pussy and have no dignity Or pride

Comment

Masai has more confidence in Toronto & Canada than Canadians, and he wasn't even born here. The Canadian media needs to be b-slapped more often on this point. They're feeding into the Canadian insecurity syndrome and the need for external (US) validation, big time.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Masai has more confidence in Toronto & Canada than Canadians, and he wasn't even born here. The Canadian media needs to be b-slapped more often on this point. They're feeding into the Canadian insecurity syndrome and the need for external (US) validation, big time.
        I think when you come from where masai came from and work your way up like he did, you come to Toronto and see all the prosperity, opportunity and advantages, you tend to go, "what in Gods name is everybody here whining about??"
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Too many journalists listen to the nonsense on ESPN. Americans don't want a successful NBA team in Canada and would always undermine it.

Comment

As annoying as those questions were, the media is just doing their job. Despite what we want to believe, there is precedent on NBA players viewing Toronto as a Siberian outpost. It's not a made-up narrative.

Sure, the last the 5 years has done a lot to change that narrative, but Toronto wasn't on Kawhi's list of pre-trade destinations. There's reason for apprehension, here.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              As annoying as those questions were, the media is just doing their job. Despite what we want to believe, there is precedent on NBA players viewing Toronto as a Siberian outpost. It's not a made-up narrative.

Sure, the last the 5 years has done a lot to change that narrative, but Toronto wasn't on Kawhi's list of pre-trade destinations. There's reason for apprehension, here.
              Yes but if you're journalists why ask a question that you know you won't get answer for. The guy asked how Danny and Kawhi are changing the perception of Toronto. Kawhi is supposed to say "Yeah i just made you fuckers relevant" ?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Yes but if you're journalists why ask a question that you know you won't get answer for. The guy asked how Danny and Kawhi are changing the perception of Toronto. Kawhi is supposed to say "Yeah i just made you fuckers relevant" ?
                Yeah I'm glad masai stepped in. Just an awkward question for Kawhi. What's he supposed to do like make a promise to Canada? Feel sorry for us? "Dont worry, I got us now"? He just got here hes like a deer in the headlights. Carry yourself like a proud franchise not like the Siberian outpost.

Masai and bobby and the city itself have all this swagger and then they bring him into a room with all these sad sack old men with donut crumbs on their jacket begging for answers on if he'll stay

Masai is basically like when you a bring a hot chick over to your friends and you're like "guys guys shut the fuck up and act cool for a couple minutes"
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  I think that's a different issue altogether. That is, asking questions that you know are going to illicit a non-response.

How about Doug Smith's "Kawhi, tell us about yourself". What a stupid fucking question, that was equally (if not more) annoying than the "Canada sucks" questions.

Comment

I think that's a different issue altogether. That is, asking questions that you know are going to illicit a non-response.

How about Doug Smith's "Kawhi, tell us about yourself". What a stupid fucking question, that was equally (if not more) annoying than the "Canada sucks" questions.
                    How about how Doug Smith asked Danny Green to tell him about Kawhi. HE'S RIGHT THERE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

What was Doug thinking... he was on a 1on1 interview?... even then..

KL said something like "I can't even see you"! Haha.

Most of the reporter qs were brutal ... like they were mesmerized that KL finally showed up.

Comment

This is why I was not at all surprised that they didn't do an earlier press conference for Kawhi. He would have got all these stupid questions, and guaranteed that basically all the same stupid questions would be asked at media day anyway as reporters would fish for different answers.

Sports media is generally kind of lame, but our Toronto sports media is definitely on the worse end of the spectrum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been saying this for years and years. Toronto has a serious inferiority complex and they constantly seek validation from the outside. My friend compared us to New York (in how we're not like NYC). What's great about New York is that they know they're great. They don't need anyone to validate that. And it shows in the city culture when you go out to parties. Toronto is always looking to compensate and get validation whether from sports stars, Hollywood celebs, etc. The inevitable "what do you like about the city?!" comes up in an interview. Weakass shit.

Comment

William Lou might've been the only one asking real questions.

Comment

William Lou might've been the only one asking real questions.
                              Him, Blake, and Vivek. RR holding it down strong.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X