The Podcast Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Podcast Thread

With the amount of podcasts and radio shows nowadays, what are your guys' and gals' personal favourites to listen to during the commute to work, at home while cooking, etc?

I'm really interested in hearing the different podcasts that are out there! Also including radio shows!

For me, I like to listen to the The Joe Budden podcast, Joe Rogan Experience, The Breakfast Club, The Fighter and the Kid, and obviously like most Raptors fans, I'm really liking Into The Green Room.

Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Wonder why this wasn't started before! Great idea. Wonder if there is a way to make sub-threads depending on some definable subject areas?

Comment

Ben shapiro show
      Michael knowles show
      Joe Rogan experience
      Bill burr Monday morning podcast
      Michael bisping believe you me podcast
      The Rubin report

I used to watch the fighter and the kid, but I can't stand callen's voice.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        Ben shapiro show
        Michael knowles show
        Joe Rogan experience
        The Rubin report

Shit, yeah! Michael Bisping's podcast is awesome. Him and Chael Sonnen have some good ones.

I'm starting to watch less and less TFATK because Schaub has been getting on my nerves. He's turning into the Skip Bayless of MMA podcasts.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Wonder why this wasn't started before! Great idea. Wonder if there is a way to make sub-threads depending on some definable subject areas?
          Not an admin anymore, so I got no power!

Yeah, I was actually looking around at podcast subjects and it's all spread around. I wanna know what people are listening to and why, especially because a lot of these podcasts have some amazing content.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            Not an admin anymore, so I got no power!

Yeah, I was actually looking around at podcast subjects and it's all spread around. I wanna know what people are listening to and why, especially because a lot of these podcasts have some amazing content.
            I am sure any of the admins. would assist you with any ideas of structure or even how to inform posters of a new forum. That said you can just let it organically get posted too. What I thought would happen is that for any compelling podcast there might be multiple posts discussing the content ... and that's what I had in mind about "sub-threads" ... try and keep some order of discussions by podcast rather than a jumble. Anyway... just some thoughts.

Comment

Is the Joe Rogan experience actually good? I always see him having on guests that specialize in railing against "social justice warriors" which is a major turnoff for me.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Is the Joe Rogan experience actually good? I always see him having on guests that specialize in railing against "social justice warriors" which is a major turnoff for me.
                Was your note directed to me? I'll take it as such

I don't really listen to him a lot ... more a time thing. He tends to come across balanced to me and has guests (in my experience) from across the spectrum. Just saw Pinker eg. last week. He does more eliciting rather than debating (which I prefer in podcasts).

Just saw a Sam Harris & Neil DeGrasse conversation ...check it out if you can ... both in my view are intelligent and well spoken as well as interesting conversationalists.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Was your note directed to me? I'll take it as such

I don't really listen to him a lot ... more a time thing. He tends to come across balanced to me and has guests (in my experience) from across the spectrum. Just saw Pinker eg. last week. He does more eliciting rather than debating (which I prefer in podcasts).

Just saw a Sam Harris & Neil DeGrasse conversation ...check it out if you can ... both in my view are intelligent and well spoken as well as interesting conversationalists.
                  He brings on a ton of different guests, from nutritonists, to political figures, to business owners (recently had Elon Musk on, which led to the incredible weed meme), comediands, to the obvious MMA fighters. He's open minded it seems about opinions, and does get into heated arguments with his guests at times.

It's pretty great, and Joe Rogan is the ideal podcast host in my opinion. Doesn't interrupt, let's guests go on tangents, etc. I've learned quite a bit from listening to him daily, actually. Some amazing personalities.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    Ben shapiro show
                    Michael knowles show
                    Joe Rogan experience
                    The Rubin report

Did you know Ben Shapiro’s wife is a doctor

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                      lol. i think i remember he said that once on one of the first shows.

Comment

Great idea for a thread!

Rogan's a good one, but I'm not always willing to give up 3-4 hours per episode. Long-form conversations are great, but with so many great podcasts to choose from, I tend to opt for 30-60 minute episodes instead.

In no particular order:

- Serial
                        - Freakonomics
                        - Waking Up (Sam Harris)
                        - Star Talk (Neil DeGrasse Tyson)
                        - Dave Rubin
                        - RadioLab
                        - The Art of Manliness
                        - Revisionist History (Malcolm Gladwell)
                        - Hidden Brain
                        - Stuff You Should Know
                        - Fresh Air
                        - Death, Sex & Money
                        - TED Radio Hour
                        - Bill Simmons
                        - Zach Lowe
                        - Woj Pod
                        - WTF with Marc Maron
                        - This American Life
                        - Planet Money
                        - FiveThirtyEight (Nate Silver)
                        - Jonah Keri
                        - Cinephile (Adnan Virk)
                        - The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith
                        - ESPN 30 for 30
                        - Hoopshype
                        - Inside the Green Room (Danny Green)

Comment

Sometimes, SJWs do deserve a good railing, though

Comment

Hardcore History is ridiculously good.

Unregistered by Thaddeus Russell is also great.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                              Hahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X