Raptors Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a simple explanation here:

Against great offenses, it's hard to hide bad defenders. The Raptors have less bad defenders this year, in a significant way, and that should help.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

When the Raptors have a lead down the stretch, I look forward to seeing their closing lineup

- Wright
      - Green
      - Anunoby
      - Leonard
      - Siakam

(or put Ibaka at the 5 and take Green out of that lineup)

Comment

I did some very very unscientific number crunching and came out with the best starting 5

Lowry
        Wright
        Kawhi
        Siakam
        JV

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          I did some very very unscientific number crunching and came out with the best starting 5

Lowry
          Wright
          Kawhi
          Siakam
          JV
          Didn't your math teacher always tell you to show your work

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
            Lowry, Green, Kawhi and OG (if he's PF) is easily the best defensive 5 in the league... even GS will have their work cut out with this lineup.

Lowry on Curry
            Green on Thompson
            Kawhi on Durant
            OG on Green

would be fun to see...if Lowry is too slow this year I would put Delon on Curry

If we're talking solely about defense, I would argue Wright is by far our best defender at the PG position

Wright on curry
            Green on Thompson
            Kawhi durant
            Pascal on green
            OG who the last player (as long as it's not cousins)
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
              If we're talking solely about defense, I would argue Wright is by far our best defender at the PG position

Wright on curry
              Green on Thompson
              Kawhi durant
              Pascal on green
              OG who the last player (as long as it's not cousins)
              OG on Green. Pascal is a little overrated by you guys on defense...he's not elite or even close to it yet but people are penciling him in as a stopper over the summer
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                OG on Green. Pascal is a little overrated by you guys on defense...he's not elite or even close to it yet but people are penciling him in as a stopper over the summer
                I think the label is because he's versatile defensively. I agree, though. Far from a stopper, especially after being eaten alive by LeBron last year in the playoffs as the primary defender (which, I reiterate, should've been OG).

Siakam is better as a help and recover defender, especially in a system. Can make up for his mistakes with timely blocks and has long arms that deflects a lot of passes in the passing lane/drives from opposing players that leave the ball low.

As a one-on-one defender in space, I don't trust him, especially because he's used to guarding bigs that stay inside the perimeter. I think he can get to that point of being consistent, possibly elite, just with the reps of guarding perimeter players, which by option, Nurse will probably deploy throughout the season.

I remember Casey trying to have Amir guard Durant, and we all know how that went. Siakam is certainly a lot more mobile and does have good lateral quicks, but it's different trying to anticipate a ball-handler vs. someone who is playing within the three-point line. He gets caught on crossovers and secondary escape moves so often, but, he catches up with blocks and good contests. Again, that'll be exposed from the likes of the elite offensive players.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lol @ keon...yes but i failed math 😌

Comment

The zone defence scheme was really good

Comment

Knowing each players history and skillset, I have no major concerns except maybe JV and Miles.

But as a unit, they can definitely lock down opponents.

Comment

https://youtu.be/RETLszOmhBQ

There bigs are lost when it comes to shot blocking. We need to trap the box we have good enough perimeter defenders.

Our bigs need to not get below the post box the are way to deep under the rim
                        Last edited by grindhouse; Wed Oct 3, 2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X