PRESEASON GAME 2: Toronto Raptors @ Utah Jazz - Oct 2nd, 9pm ET SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    That's fine, but Collinsworth messed up the starting unit where it's more important that Kawhi develops some chemistry with Lowry and JV. If Nurse wanted an acid test to see how this guy stacks up against first line NBA talent, then that question was answered emphatically. Good luck in Turkey, Kyle.
    Nurse was being a bit too much of a good dude. Collinsworth is from Utah so he let him start a game in his home state... probably because he knows this kid will probably never get another chance to do that. Ah well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• oh man, just watching the hilights and that move Kawhi put on Crawford in the second quarter, in isolation was just nasty. Got him off his feet and finishes calmly with the left hand. Can't wait for more of that!

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        Nurse wanted to make sure his friends and family saw the reason he was going to get cut
        This made me laugh harder than it should have.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Ok this has been fun let's fast forward 2 weeks now
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            This made me laugh harder than it should have.

had to login to say I laughed too hard for this too! LOL

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
              had to login to say I laughed too hard for this too! LOL
              I've heard of laughing my ass off, I've heard of rolling on the floor laughing...this guy laughed so hard it logged him in

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I've heard of laughing my ass off, I've heard of rolling on the floor laughing...this guy laughed so hard it logged him in
                My ass is literally gone after reading this comment

Comment

• Even more excited after this game. Kawhi is looking more and more comfortable with each minute played and showed his athleticism and explosiveness is much closer than I thought after the first game. Saw flashes of what he is capable of. Cannot wait for the season to start.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                    Even more excited after this game. Kawhi is looking more and more comfortable with each minute played and showed his athleticism and explosiveness is much closer than I thought after the first game. Saw flashes of what he is capable of. Cannot wait for the season to start.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
                    Hes so cerebral...everything looks effortless..DeRozan looked like a 2 guard, Kawhi looks like a power 3..I'm just so excited

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      Wished Poetl stayed over Siakam.
                      I gotta admit Pascal does not look great out there. The hustle, athleticism and length are all there, but it just looks like he's a level below everyone on the court. Not sure if he's just rushing his game, but he looks like he's not playing at the same speed and not in the same flow as the rest of his team mates.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Ok this has been fun let's fast forward 2 weeks now
                        Or 6 months....

Comment

• Poeltl was a mess in the playoffs last year. The guy needs at least 1 or 2 more years of development. Love Poeltl but Siakam is a better player.

Siakam has been a little erratic but he still finished with 9 boards (and with 13 in game 1, we can see that he's been tasked to grab as many boards as he can get his hands on). He finished with a respectable 4/8. Still can't shoot (although did get one 3 in), and his 4 turnovers were bad. But he's still learning how to initiate an offense. If he can develop that skill (and that's a tough one to learn) he'll be really good in this league.

If it takes all of preseason to help him with that development I don't see why it's a problem. Going into the season though I would like Fred or Delon to control the pace, and have Siakam initiate less and have him maybe only initiate a play one or twice a game at the max.

I think perhaps the expectations might have been too high coming into preseason for him. He's not going to be some MIP candidate or anything. He's no where near to being an all-star type player. But maybe one day he can become one. That ceiling is still there for the taking for him.

Norm on the other hand.. ugh. 4 more years right?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Or 6 months....
                            I believe it is written on a picture in my moms living room or bathroom "it is about the journey, not the destination"

Oh wait I think it's the kitchen. Right between "live love laugh" and "bless this mess"

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Poeltl was a mess in the playoffs last year. The guy needs at least 1 or 2 more years of development. Love Poeltl but Siakam is a better player.

Siakam has been a little erratic but he still finished with 9 boards (and with 13 in game 1, we can see that he's been tasked to grab as many boards as he can get his hands on). He finished with a respectable 4/8. Still can't shoot (although did get one 3 in), and his 4 turnovers were bad. But he's still learning how to initiate an offense. If he can develop that skill (and that's a tough one to learn) he'll be really good in this league.

If it takes all of preseason to help him with that development I don't see why it's a problem. Going into the season though I would like Fred or Delon to control the pace, and have Siakam initiate less and have him maybe only initiate a play one or twice a game at the max.

I think perhaps the expectations might have been too high coming into preseason for him. He's not going to be some MIP candidate or anything. He's no where near to being an all-star type player. But maybe one day he can become one. That ceiling is still there for the taking for him.

Norm on the other hand.. ugh. 4 more years right?
                              Siakam needs to learn to shoot at least somewhat respectably before he can make a big leap.

Not sure better playmaking will matter enough without that. It will help in transition, but won't matter as much in the halfcourt where without a shot guys will sag off him a lot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Oct 3, 2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• It's early but our prospects are not untouchable. If there's a trade for Butler man I hope Masai doesn't hesitate.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X