PRESEASON GAME 2: Toronto Raptors @ Utah Jazz - Oct 2nd, 9pm ET SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I don't think JV should be guaranteed a start every game. Kawhi and Lowry obviously yes. If anything I'd say OG (when he comes back) and Green should be more locks to start than JV (not that they're better players, but my philosophy is you always want to start the lineup that allows you to perform the best on the defensive end).

I wonder if the starting lineup is actually going to change from night to night depending on matchups. That's more similar to professional soccer where managers will rotate their starters depending on a particular opponent's strengths. In basketball it tends to just be set starting 5s, but I'm open to something new here with Nurse. Against someone like a Gobert, Ibaka is fucked just from a pure size disadvantage standpoint, but against centers who aren't quite as good or are smaller I see no reason why we can't use JV as a 6th man instead and play a more mobile starting unit.
    I can definitely see us changing up the starting lineup, but I would hope that JV is more default starter than default bench player. Ibaka should be used as a starting C only against the smallest of opposition, IMO. I also think JV starting can lead to better defensive results sometimes even against small-ish opposition, as Ibaka isn't THAT much more mobile than JV (they tend to have him drop back on PnR coverage too) and is significantly more likely to give up offensive boards no matter the opposition's size. Still, I have no issue with playing small when it's warranted. I just think that will be less often than implied in your post: that is, only against smaller centres, not ones that "aren't as good," which seems like an ideal scenario to play JV and maximize the offence of the unit while losing very little defensively.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      JV to start (as per Nurse on the Fan just now)
      Looooool! Great avatar!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Haha Keef Morris got tossed out of a pre-season game for trying to intimidate a rookie (Robinson). That dude still remained a stupid bully.

Try pulling that shit with OG again..
        I might actually hate the Wizards more than the Cuntics. Morris, Oubre, Rivers and Howard. A roster littered with rejects.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I might actually hate the Wizards more than the Cuntics. Morris, Oubre, Rivers and Howard. A roster littered with rejects.
          We should banish them to an island for misfits

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
            We should banish them to an island for misfits
            "Sometimes, the better team loses" - Wizards Reject #1

Comment

I hate all Mormons today. Preseason vibe is just too strong.

Comment

Haven't seen that there is any TV of this one... Nothing on all the TSNs 1 though 5 or all the Sportnet Geographys... Even the League pass in the pay per view says nothing....

I think the Jazz are on a channel called Root Sports... Anyone know if they are broadcasting ?
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

The heading says Sportsnet1

Comment

I know theres a lot of calgarians here..is this weather for real? Fuck.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Global warming can't come soon enough, huh?

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                        The heading says Sportsnet1
                        Found it and set pvr. Starts at 9:00

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Haven't seen that there is any TV of this one... Nothing on all the TSNs 1 though 5 or all the Sportnet Geographys... Even the League pass in the pay per view says nothing....

I think the Jazz are on a channel called Root Sports... Anyone know if they are broadcasting ?

https://www.nba.com/raptors/schedule

Comment

Man we're lucky they didn't schedule a game in Calgary this year. It's snowpacalypse now out here, Kawhi would have hit the eject button and bailed on the entire season

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I was one for a while. Remember reading a short story when I got there that went something like "Just moved to Calgary in September...saw a snowflake...it was so pretty...just drove by an elk...so beautiful"...then it degrades to "..we just got snowed in by a ^&#% blizzard in October..my car just got rammed by an elk..." Still..love the place.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Global warming can't come soon enough, huh?

This is "global warming" they just had it wrong. Freak weather all the time these days

Your parents weren't lying when they said "it wasnt this bad when we grew up"..and its only getting worse
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X