Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    Friday?
    Just watched the trailer at 0.25x Speed to make it last longer ... looks pretty epic as well actually doing that ... Lol

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      JV to start (as per Nurse on the Fan just now)
      Like for the season or just tomorrow? Do you have a link to the interview?
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        Like for the season or just tomorrow? Do you have a link to the interview?

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Yea I read that that's why I'm wondering if he meant just for tomorrow night because it doesn't sound like we will be sticking with the same starting 5 all season. I think Kawhi, Lowry and Jonas should be the 3 that always start no matter what but who knows what Nurse ends up doing.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Yea I read that that's why I'm wondering if he meant just for tomorrow night because it doesn't sound like we will be sticking with the same starting 5 all season. I think Kawhi, Lowry and Jonas should be the 3 that always start no matter what but who knows what Nurse ends up doing.
            I agree with this - those three should be fixtures. If they aren't starting, they should be resting. But I suspect we'll see at least a few games where JV comes off the bench while the coaching staff gets another look at an Ibaka-anchored starting lineup. It will likely lose us a couple games, but I'm OK with that (right now, anyway, I'll probably be spitting mad when it does happen).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              I agree with this - those three should be fixtures. If they aren't starting, they should be resting. But I suspect we'll see at least a few games where JV comes off the bench while the coaching staff gets another look at an Ibaka-anchored starting lineup. It will likely lose us a couple games, but I'm OK with that (right now, anyway, I'll probably be spitting mad when it does happen).
              Yea, I have no issue with us trying things throughout the season. But once its clear that it isn't working I hope Nurse takes heed to that and stops trying it lol. To me even from the first game it was clear Serge shouldn't be starting at the 5, but they're most likely going to keep trying it. You do need a bigger sample size than 1 game that's for sure so I get it. That's why I'm hoping he meant JV is going to be starting all season and not just tomorrow. Doubt it though, at least to start the season. Hopefully by mid season he realizes JV should be a fixture in the starting line up.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Losing because of that rotation during the regular season may mean we never see it in the playoffs. Lucky stars being counted.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Losing because of that rotation during the regular season may mean we never see it in the playoffs. Lucky stars being counted.
                  I would prefer if the Raps don't win if they aren't playing good basketball. Too many times last season (& previous years) the team got into a funk defensively and still managed to beat average teams. Then this false sense of security start coming to them and they feel they don't need to fix things cause "we won bruh and that's the most important". Actually wins are important but if you don't learn what you are still doing wrong despite the wins, a team that plays right in the season & carry it over to the playoffs and clicking on all cylinders will expose & beat you.

Comment

Haha Keef Morris got tossed out of a pre-season game for trying to intimidate a rookie (Robinson). That dude still remained a stupid bully.

Try pulling that shit with OG again..
                    Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Oct 1, 2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Haha Keef Morris got tossed out of a pre-season game for trying to intimidate a rookie (Robinson). That dude still remained a stupid bully.

Try pulling that shit with OG again..

If you put Markieff Morris’s brain in a bird..the bird would fly backwards...

Trying to fight a rookie in an exhibition game....what a mope
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Why am I so pumped for a damn preseason game lol?

Going to the Nets game next week in Montreal too, just hyped for this preseason for whatever reason.

Comment

I don't think JV should be guaranteed a start every game. Kawhi and Lowry obviously yes. If anything I'd say OG (when he comes back) and Green should be more locks to start than JV (not that they're better players, but my philosophy is you always want to start the lineup that allows you to perform the best on the defensive end).

I wonder if the starting lineup is actually going to change from night to night depending on matchups. That's more similar to professional soccer where managers will rotate their starters depending on a particular opponent's strengths. In basketball it tends to just be set starting 5s, but I'm open to something new here with Nurse. Against someone like a Gobert, Ibaka is fucked just from a pure size disadvantage standpoint, but against centers who aren't quite as good or are smaller I see no reason why we can't use JV as a 6th man instead and play a more mobile starting unit.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            KaWhy am I so pumped for a damn preseason game lol?
                            Who knows!

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              I don't think JV should be guaranteed a start every game. Kawhi and Lowry obviously yes. If anything I'd say OG (when he comes back) and Green should be more locks to start than JV (not that they're better players, but my philosophy is you always want to start the lineup that allows you to perform the best on the defensive end).

I wonder if the starting lineup is actually going to change from night to night depending on matchups. That's more similar to professional soccer where managers will rotate their starters depending on a particular opponent's strengths. In basketball it tends to just be set starting 5s, but I'm open to something new here with Nurse. Against someone like a Gobert, Ibaka is fucked just from a pure size disadvantage standpoint, but against centers who aren't quite as good or are smaller I see no reason why we can't use JV as a 6th man instead and play a more mobile starting unit.
                              I don't mind switching it up either depending on matchups but Serge just isn't a good enough rebounder or screen setter to play starting 5, you could see it last game. The thing is most teams start a traditional centre still. If it's a small ball C or a bench C he'll be fine but against starting traditional C's he gets manhandled in the paint. Look at the foul trouble he got into last game. Also our offence just runs so much better when you have a good screen setter like JV opening things up for our guards. We get bogged down a bit when Serge is the one setting the screens.

It is one game and maybe he'll prove me wrong but he's never been a good rebounder or screen setter so i don't see that magically changing. And him getting into foul trouble constantly because he can't handle the bigger C's isn't good for the team overall. I'm looking at every teams starting 5 and there is like maybe 3 teams it makes sense to maybe start Serge over JV.

The issue usually is he either can't guard the guy because he's too big, can't rebound against the guy cause again he's too big and Serge isn't good at boxing out or he'll get into foul trouble. And again the lack of screen setting is huge. We need good screen setters for our guards to get free, it just improves our offence so much. If the team really focuses on gang rebounding when Serge is at the 5 then maybe we'll be okay on that front but the screen setting will still be an issue and I think that's actually the most important thing JV brings to this team.

Comment

https://youtu.be/mxihBpK9WFY
                                watching it
                                Last edited by Morgan; Fri Mar 1, 2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X