Preseason game 3: Melbourne united @ toronto raptors - oct 5, 2018, 7pm et

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    So far mooreland my pick for last roster spot. Adels looked nice but were already stacked at the wing
    We talk about this every year like it's a big deal. Whoever they pick as the 15th man will never really get any court time -- likely just a bench warmer.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LOL fun fact this game: Siakam is a +50 in this game and Delon Wright was a +49

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
        We talk about this every year like it's a big deal. Whoever they pick as the 15th man will never really get any court time -- likely just a bench warmer.
        2 years ago the guy we were talking about was fvv.. Sometimes that last roster spot can find u a gem. Don't think mooreland will turn out as valuable as fred but were more likely to need a big sometime during the season than anything else
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Beal and Wall with another night of poor shooting percentage tonight against the Heat.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            2 years ago the guy we were talking about was fvv.. Sometimes that last roster spot can find u a gem. Don't think mooreland will turn out as valuable as fred but were more likely to need a big sometime during the season than anything else
            FVV wasn't the 15th man 2 years ago. It was Bruno.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
              FVV wasn't the 15th man 2 years ago. It was Bruno.
              Fvv was brought in on a camp deal to try and make the roster much like the guys we saw in the 4th. Bruno may have been the 15th best player but his contract was guaranteed. Fred had to win the last roster spot over training camp and pre season # betonyourself
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Been some debate whether the Raptors will even carry a 15th man on the NBA roster as a result of cap implications.

What Moreland/Boucher/Adel may be battling for is the second two-way contract (Jordan Lloyd has the other)

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  Been some debate whether the Raptors will even carry a 15th man on the NBA roster as a result of cap implications.

What Moreland/Boucher/Adel may be battling for is the second two-way contract (Jordan Lloyd has the other)
                  Yep, this is far more likely than anyone winning the 15 spot.

Sadly, Brown has spot 14 on lock until January with his sizeable guarantee.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Someone may have mentioned this here already, but interesting that Philly only beat this team by 20, playing their starters (presumably just for the first half though), whereas the Raps crushed them by 38, with all their top players sitting out, and the deepest part of the bench closing it out.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      Beal and Wall with another night of poor shooting percentage tonight against the Heat.
                      The struggle of least mediocrity for the 5th-8th seeds in the East this year is going to be so fantastically uninteresting.

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
                        Someone may have mentioned this here already, but interesting that Philly only beat this team by 20, playing their starters (presumably just for the first half though), whereas the Raps crushed them by 38, with all their top players sitting out, and the deepest part of the bench closing it out.
                        We're obviously a lot deeper than Philly. Question is how big a step their three key guys (Embiid, Simmon, Fultz) take this year. I still think we're better than them given that Fultz is essentially a rook, but the future after this year is cloudy.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          We're obviously a lot deeper than Philly. Question is how big a step their three key guys (Embiid, Simmon, Fultz) take this year. I still think we're better than them given that Fultz is essentially a rook, but the future after this year is cloudy.
                          I'm likely biased, but I just can't help feeling like Philly is so overrated by the media and pundits.

I mean, last year we tended to dominate them head-to-head (winning 3 of 4 games played, 2 of those kind of blowouts).

They had that long winning streak at the end of the season that was facilitated by them playing an extended string of bad teams. They beat the Heat (woo-hoo) in the playoffs and lost to the undermanned Celtics in what, 5 games. (same Celts that took Lebron to 7, but so did the Pacers. Let's not talk about that..) But the media kept talking about how good Philly is.

Of course, future years they have the potential to be great, but in this year upcoming, I'd be very surprised if they are quite on our level or above (once our team gets integrated). Embiid seems fragile, Simmons is still learning, and Fultz as mentioned is a huge question mark.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Yep, this is far more likely than anyone winning the 15 spot.

Sadly, Brown has spot 14 on lock until January with his sizeable guarantee.
                            Is there anyway of Lloyd loosing his two way contract. Giving it then to Boucher and Adel?

Comment

• Could you imagine if Lowry had got one point in an elimination game?

I mean DeMar got kicked out of his elimination game, so I'd probably take Ben's effort over that, but sheesh.

Comment

• Derozan made 3 of 6 shots for 6 points, along with 2 boards and 3 assists in 20 minutes as the Spurs beat the Pistons handily.

Poeltl made his only shot attempt in 14 minutes

Not sure if it's simply a case of Demar trying to learn the playbook, but it seems unusual that he only took 6 attempts in 20 minutes. He also seems to have ditched the three as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X