No announcement yet.

Preseason game 3: Melbourne united @ toronto raptors - oct 5, 2018, 7pm et

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Blake and doubt this was his question but my god these reporters are like children who constantly need approval from their parents. "Mom... MOM!! Did you see my swan dive? It was really good right? RIGHT? Rate it out of 10 mom!!!!!!"

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
      I love Blake and doubt this was his question but my god these reporters are like children who constantly need approval from their parents. "Mom... MOM!! Did you see my swan dive? It was really good right? RIGHT? Rate it out of 10 mom!!!!!!"

Is it really THAT great though? I might get flamed for this, but there's a lot louder buildings the last couple years imo
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Is it really THAT great though? I might get flamed for this, but there's a lot louder buildings the last couple years imo
        it's not great. It's a myth now. Crowd changed once ticket prices went up.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So no Leonard, Lowry, Miles or Fred tonight according JLew. Boring.....

damn i might skip this game lmao
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Sssshhhh. If the players think so, we have no reason to change their minds.

Comment

I could be wrong but I feel like it could ramp up again this year with Leonard raising expectations again. I think things began to get stale with our core the past couple years and people were more cautiously optimitistic. I wonder what opening night will be like with Leonard. If we start off hot with a bunch of games against Eastern conference contenders early, a hype train could be formed once again. But who knows... maybe having a good team and making the playoffs isn't as exciting when you do it every year. Or it could be different crowds due to ticket prices as Mix said.

Comment

Agreed. ACC crowd noise has been in steady decline since 2014.

Still one of the louder buildings in the league, but no longer a consensus #1-2.

Comment

This conversation is so asinine.

Is anyone here going from arena to arena measuring decibels?

Toronto is easily one of the loudest in the league. That's all that matters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree that it's an annoying / hilarious / ridiculous question. But don't shoot the messenger - these guys just ask the questions that they've learned will get them the clicks. The fans are the ones who create the demand for this.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      This conversation is so asinine.

Is anyone here going from arena to arena measuring decibels?

Toronto is easily one of the loudest in the league. That's all that matters.

Its top 5 or top 10 but it's not worth bragging about anymore. Oracle, okc...Utah was insane last year

That extra notch changes it from "enthusiastic" to "intimidating"..and it matters

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        I agree that it's an annoying / hilarious / ridiculous question. But don't shoot the messenger - these guys just ask the questions that they've learned will get them the clicks. The fans are the ones who create the demand for this.
                        Exactly. Everytime I hear someone say "Kardashians aren't news! Lavar ball isnt news!" Its always invariably written in an absolutely buzzing comment section

Real news? Stuff that matters? Nobody actually cares. Maybe the 5% of the population that reads the New Yorker with a pipe in their slippers. But we pretend we want it.

Comment

Its top 5 or top 10 but it's not worth bragging about anymore. Oracle, okc...Utah was insane last year

That extra notch changes it from "enthusiastic" to "intimidating"..and it matters
                          Or people just have no actual way of telling?

GSW has always had crazy fans, even when they sucked.

Is Utah actually louder or do you just think they are because you watch 82+ Raptors games and barely watch Utah so you hear ours vary while you have no clue what theirs is like for a whole season?

Like seriously, how ably can anyone actually talk about this?

Comment

Exactly. Everytime I hear someone say "Kardashians aren't news! Lavar ball isnt news!" Its always invariably written in an absolutely buzzing comment section

Real news? Stuff that matters? Nobody actually cares. Maybe the 5% of the population that reads the New Yorker with a pipe in their slippers. But we pretend we want it.
                            I try and strike a happy medium by reading about the Kardashians with a pipe in my slippers.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Or people just have no actual way of telling?

GSW has always had crazy fans, even when they sucked.

Is Utah actually louder or do you just think they are because you watch 82+ Raptors games and barely watch Utah so you hear ours vary while you have no clue what theirs is like for a whole season?

Like seriously, how ably can anyone actually talk about this?

I dont think anyone is claiming this is a scientific study

But for me, the drop in noise (in the playoffs) has been noticeable compared to year 1 of the WeTheNorth era.

Comment

They need to lower the price of beer. I know I'm a lot louder when I'm drunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X