Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I dont think anyone is claiming this is a scientific study

But for me, the drop in noise (in the playoffs) has been noticeable compared to year 1 of the WeTheNorth era.
    I think for anybody with 2 working ears and the ability to compare and contrast can notice the difference.

White men cant hear? Lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I was a believer too. Twin towers with Bosh I thought...the next Dirk I thought...I was younger and more hopeful, always believing in our next big thing
      Ditto. The Killer B's as Matt Devlin would refer to Bargs and Bosh lol. Even bought his jersey - my first ever Raptors jersey. I still wonder though how he'd fit in today's NBA in the era of stretch bigs.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
        Ditto. The Killer B's as Matt Devlin would refer to Bargs and Bosh lol. Even bought his jersey - my first ever Raptors jersey. I still wonder though how he'd fit in today's NBA in the era of stretch bigs.
        His style would fit better sure. But I'm afraid his lack of anything resembling passion or effort would hinder his success in any era from now till the end of time

Comment

Ok, you're really bursting my idea of getting a husky, and sitting around on the couch all day watching TV.
          Here is a decent place to start .... https://www.akc.org/

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I agree that it's an annoying / hilarious / ridiculous question. But don't shoot the messenger - these guys just ask the questions that they've learned will get them the clicks. The fans are the ones who create the demand for this.
            Nah, shoot the fans AND the messengers. Not to stereotype but a lot of journalists and writers can be a bit neurotic, voyeuristic overly analytic and insecure in comparison to the overall population. I think they're just wired that way which works great for that profession.

Masai's wise words need to be put on a banner in the ACC.

"Believe in your city. Believe in yourself."

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Or people just have no actual way of telling?

GSW has always had crazy fans, even when they sucked.

Is Utah actually louder or do you just think they are because you watch 82+ Raptors games and barely watch Utah so you hear ours vary while you have no clue what theirs is like for a whole season?

Like seriously, how ably can anyone actually talk about this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
              I was at a Utah game about ten years ago (so obviously not recent) but the crowd was weird. They were loud, but mainly just really engaged with the video screens. If it said get loud, they did. Must be a mormon thing . Also, practically no one was drinking, the lady at the beer booth knew my name by the end of it, and I wasn't drinking heavily.

I've been to several Raptors games, and I will say that they've calmed down the last few years, but when a good play happens, or it's a close game the crowd is in it. But the amazing heckling that used to happen when the seats were dirt cheap, that's not as prevalent.

The crowd at a Raptors game are vibrant. It reflects the city. Our crowd is multicultural. United by basketball. Everyone's getting into it. I would argue only Oracle would rival that. OKC and Utah might be loud, but they're quite white washed. As a NBA player, I think that might be one thing that sets our crowd apart (especially when we're at away games).

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I think for anybody with 2 working ears and the ability to compare and contrast can notice the difference.

White men cant hear? Lol
                That is such fucking nonsense. Without even getting into cognitive biases, can your ears tell which broadcasts amp up arena noise? Which arenas have lower, more sound reflective ceilings? Which arenas play fake noise to make it seem louder? No? Ok then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Agreed. ACC crowd noise has been in steady decline since 2014.

Still one of the louder buildings in the league, but no longer a consensus #1-2.
                  From a T.V. broadcast, that's exactly what I feel. The building and the fans are insane, but you can even tell by the attendance of seeing Jurassic Park last year in comparison to that 2014 playoff stint, and especially the 2016 run to the ECF.

Last year was a bit sad, looks like most guys up front are corporate and refuse to wear the fucking t-shirt. Put it on you sleezy tin.

I think the Raptors fans have been in steady decline the last two years -- that's when I've noticed it -- because of the cautious optimism that Machine mentioned above. The Raptors have not proven since 2016 to be able to win consistently, and even that playoff run was a timeline of heart attacks. Two seven-game series, dropping the first two games in the ECF by blowouts, and losing an elimination game by a million... that doesn't exactly spark excitement in the fans when it's such a struggle to win when it matters most.

Again, with Kawhi in town, there's clearly a different buzz from an outside perspective who lives in Vancouver, and has never stepped foot into that arena, nonetheless a playoff game. I hope it's just the lack of production quality on behalf of Sportsnet, lol.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

That is such fucking nonsense. Without even getting into cognitive biases, can your ears tell which broadcasts amp up arena noise? Which arenas have lower, more sound reflective ceilings? Which arenas play fake noise to make it seem louder? No? Ok then you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm honestly trying to make sense of your anger surrounding this topic, but I can't come up with anything.

If someone were to suggest that Lowry's become slower over the years, would we demand that their senses are wrong, or that they don't have any measurements to prove his raw speed, or question the TV's refresh rates?

Or do we simply acknowledge that most of our discussions here are made up of opinions and gut feelings?

Comment

#WeTheBest

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ntages#slide11
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

But yeah, some of the initial playoff hype is obviously non-repeatable. Also, all other sports teams in Toronto sucked at the time and all had for several years, the city in general was dying for something to get excited about.

Fans start to take it for granted pretty quick, it's just not sustainable emotionally. Same thing happened with the Jets return to Winnipeg - still one of the best crowds in the league, but nowhere near the level of insanity their first season back.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't know about other arenas maybe they do cheat. All I know Is Toronto in 2014 was rowdier than Toronto last year. And as far as I know they didnt change the ceilings.

And I'm not talking about who reaches a higher decible at the peak. I'm talking about living and dying with every possession every "ohhhhhh!" On a missed shot in the first quarter. Toronto was loco in 2014

Comment

The fans myself included were at a point last playoffs with the attitude of show us first then we’ll get excited. We gave them the benefit of doubt before. The wizards series was shaky to start then it didnt get any better.

This year itll be nuts im sure

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                              The fans myself included were at a point last playoffs with the attitude of show us first then we’ll get excited. We gave them the benefit of doubt before. The wizards series was shaky to start then it didnt get any better.

This year itll be nuts im sure
                              Definitely picked up on the fans' hesitation. So did Jack Armstrong. That's why he went on the live rant about the crowd needing to pick it up, lol. He would never had said that in 2014.

Comment

This is such a weird dick measuring contest...

I will say this: no other fanbase braved shit ass weather to crowd up in a street to cheer the team. That didn't stop in 2014. That went right through 2016. 2017 was a bit more muted because of getting exhausted by disappointing endings. But if you are going to measure fan support it's not just the loudest building, it's the passion of the people.

Fuck, we took over Detroit's house so many times. Casey's gonna be so irritated to see all the Raptors fans his year

Comment

Working...
                                X