Preseason game 3: Melbourne united @ toronto raptors - oct 5, 2018, 7pm et

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Boston, sans Hayward and Irving, down 17 to Cleveland near the end of the third quarter.
    With a fun little brawl thrown in

Comment

• ah yes
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JV scrimmaging with the bench. Still early but if I was a betting man I'd say Serge will be our opening day starter.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            JV scrimmaging with the bench. Still early but if I was a betting man I'd say Serge will be our opening day starter.
            If Serge is our starting center, he'd better spend every practice working with jab and Moose learning how to set screens.

Comment

JV scrimmaging with the bench. Still early but if I was a betting man I'd say Serge will be our opening day starter.
              This has been discussed a few times over the years. Is JV off the bench realistic and a good move ?

If they go this route and JV gets a good chunk of his (say 28 minutes a game) against the other teams bench unit....JV could have his best statistical year of his career.. He could be a 20-10 guy...

He is a team win guy... I think he would be OK with this . if he also gets crunch time minutes..
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                If Serge is our starting center, he'd better spend every practice working with jab and Moose learning how to set screens.
                Definitely agree. Setting screens and rebounding. Two areas he's pretty weak in overall.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  This has been discussed a few times over the years. Is JV off the bench realistic and a good move ?

If they go this route and JV gets a good chunk of his (say 28 minutes a game) against the other teams bench unit....JV could have his best statistical year of his career.. He could be a 20-10 guy...

He is a team win guy... I think he would be OK with this . if he also gets crunch time minutes..
                  My personal take is that I think having JV start is the better move. Defensively may not be as good as Serge (although I don't think the drop off will be that bad). I just find that most teams usually start their bigger center and that match up would favour JV over Serge. Also our bench likes to run and play fast.. or they did last year. JV might slow that down. Serge replacing Poeltl seems more natural than JV replacing Poeltl.

But yeah I think JV can feast on opposing bench bigs. Poeltl had issues with energy bigs like Bam and Harrell. JV won't have that same issue.

Comment

Comment

My personal take is that I think having JV start is the better move. Defensively may not be as good as Serge (although I don't think the drop off will be that bad). I just find that most teams usually start their bigger center and that match up would favour JV over Serge. Also our bench likes to run and play fast.. or they did last year. JV might slow that down. Serge replacing Poeltl seems more natural than JV replacing Poeltl.

But yeah I think JV can feast on opposing bench bigs. Poeltl had issues with energy bigs like Bam and Harrell. JV won't have that same issue.
                      Whichever way this goes... Its going to be a good season for JV. He appears to be lighter and while never a speed merchant he looks to be able to get up and down the floor in his game minutes so far without cardio issues.

If he starts its good.. If he comes off the bench at the 6-7 minute mark its still good.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Comment

• Maybe nurse will go unorthodox and alternate starting JV and ibaka, matchup dependent on the opposing teams starting 5. If love or Horford is the 5 you start ibaka, if its Drummond or Howard you start JV
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              I would take 3 of those guys over Richardson & Loyed at this point.

Comment

• Good game for Derozan today except when you realize he was -20 for the worst +/- on the team.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X