Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 4: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors in Montreal - OCT 10, 2018, 7PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Maybe somebody pissed in his corn flakes.

I've been there. Makes you grumpy all day. Also could have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. That's another one that effects the whole day.

Can we stop playing dr. Phil with every Lowry eye roll and head shake?
    Steve Kerr got ejected too a few days ago. Its not a big deal.

Comment

• In Lowry's defence: the refs were butt.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DanH, I'm with you now, sire.

I had initially put up the starters in the thread, and mentioned how much I loved it (Lowry, Green, Kawhi, OG, Ibaka).

I instantly regretted it, esp. because we saw how ineffective Ibaka is with a lineup that requires a point of empasis. Guys were passing the ball without intent, and if they're not pushing the pace, or Lowry/Kawhi don't set the tone early as primary options, then they're not really effective.

JV can be the main point of offense to start a game, and they'll be able to play off of him seeing how his passing all of sudden became really good (by god, his reads and passes were awesome last night, i.e. pass to Freddy off the cut down the middle).

Ibaka was solid defensively, but how much of that is REALLY effective if they're not doing anything on the other end. With Green/Kawhi/OG, they can manage without the shot blocker. JV has improved, too.

P.S. That Wright-Green-Kawhi-OG-Siakam lineup was fucking insane.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I think our front court pairings should be:

JV-OG
          Serge-Siakam

I don't like Serge with OG or JV with Siakam.

Serge isn't a great passer.. he holds on to the ball way too long. JV is used to giving the ball up.. that was his primary role for the past few years. Serge is also not a great rebounder, and Pascal has more of an eye for that than OG. Pascal is a good passer, and OG isn't.

Just feels like last night the game could have had a better flow if JV was paired up with OG and Serge with Siakam.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I think our front court pairings should be:

JV-OG
            Serge-Siakam

I don't like Serge with OG or JV with Siakam.

Serge isn't a great passer.. he holds on to the ball way too long. JV is used to giving the ball up.. that was his primary role for the past few years. Serge is also not a great rebounder, and Pascal has more of an eye for that than OG. Pascal is a good passer, and OG isn't.

Just feels like last night the game could have had a better flow if JV was paired up with OG and Serge with Siakam.
            JV was paired with Siakam to the start the second half last night and that triggered a huge run.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...drama-covers_5

These are great. One for each team.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This is the best one:

Comment

• I've been really impressed with JV finding cutters and open shooters, honestly wasn't sure he would expand that part of his game a couple years ago.

Should be really helpful when he is in the starting lineup.

Comment

• Jimmy Butler Calls Players-Only Meeting, Tells Teammates He's Prepared To Play With Them

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Play-With-Them

Comment

• What Jimmys really saying is "OK, I don't want to be here, and the union won't let me sit out games until I'm traded. Therefore I'm going to play, but my effort will be all about stuffing my stat sheet, rather than wins and losses, until a point comes where some desperate GM comes knocking and I get the hell out of here. Remember, you're all just a bunch of 10-ply toilet paper soft players, and I'm Jimmy Butler.

Comment

• Lol after all that? They are soft i wouldnt in a million years show up to one of butlers players only meetings

Comment

• Who were the ex files in the espn thing? San antonio?

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                            Who were the ex files in the espn thing? San antonio?
                            Clippers
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Honestly not sure what was wrong with Kyle yesterday. Was pretty close to the court and he was pissed off from the opening tip-off. Wasn't surprised at all that a little missed call got him so angry that he got double T'd
                              He was prob hungover and was at le Downtown until very early in the morning and had a short fuse.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                Who were the ex files in the espn thing? San antonio?
                                I didn't see the names of the teams up top until I came to that one and had no idea what team it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X