RR Keeper League - Season 9!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Keeper League - Season 9!

Damn ... Season 9 ... Welcome to our new owners, and Welcome back Everyone else!

Summary of the key rules
    1. You can use a Keeper tag on as many players as you want, as long as they fit within the $200 cap.
    2. You can flag a player as a Keeper ($30) two years in a row before they must become Franchise ($50).
    3. You can flag a players as a Franchise player as many times as you want, but you can only have one Franchise player.

Other than that, set your lineups, make trades, and have fun!

Keeper Status (will be updated shortly)

Joey

Tucas

Skywalker

Air Dawgs

JBML

Mack North

Keonclark

Maury

Axel

Planetmars

Drizz

Rapfan10

Red - Highlighted those players that are due to be 3rd Time Keepers, and thus required Franchise Selections for next season.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 12, 2018, 09:23 PM.

A couple questions I just PMd to joey but could just ask everyone

Do I set my lineup only once before the week begins, or daily depending on who's playing?

Weeks start Tuesday?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Do I set my lineup only once before the week begins, or daily depending on who's playing?

Weeks start Tuesday?
      Everyday depending on who's playing. On days where there's more guys playing than starting positions its up to you who you start.

And week starts Tuesday for first week. Monday every week thereafter (Allstar week is a little weird too)

Comment

Weeks start Tuesday?
        A week in fantasy runs Monday->Sunday. NBA officially starts Tuesday so that'll be the technically the first day, but going forward each week starts Monday.

You can set the lineups for the whole week and then basically forget about it. However if you ever make a transaction like pick up a guy from the waivers, or make a trade your lineups will be reset. So you'll need to manually set them up again.

You might also want to manually go in and make a change on a daily basis if a guy gets injured or something or if you have a full line up and you need a steals or block guy that's on your bench.. you move him on the Saturday or Sunday to help you win the week.

Or benching guys if you think a turnover can cost you.. some strategy can be useful.. or backfire.

Hope that helps!

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
          Everyday depending on who's playing. On days where there's more guys playing than starting positions its up to you who you start.

And week starts Tuesday for first week. Monday every week thereafter (Allstar week is a little weird too)
          Thanks! And all 10 guys not on the bench are considered starters?

Is the deadline to set rosters just before the first game of the day? Like weekdays theres usually no game until 7 Eastern but weekends have day games

Comment

Thanks! And all 10 guys not on the bench are considered starters?

Is the deadline to set rosters just before the first game of the day? Like weekdays theres usually no game until 7 Eastern but weekends have day games
            Yes.. the guys that are not on the bench are starters. Guys that are on the bench won't count. So if Lou is on your bench and gets 10 3's, 40 points and 5 steals, they won't count.

You can make a change right before game time. If a game starts at 7pm, you can make a change at 6:59. Once the game starts though the guys are locked in, and you can't make a change anymore until the next day.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              A week in fantasy runs Monday->Sunday. NBA officially starts Tuesday so that'll be the technically the first day, but going forward each week starts Monday.

You can set the lineups for the whole week and then basically forget about it. However if you ever make a transaction like pick up a guy from the waivers, or make a trade your lineups will be reset. So you'll need to manually set them up again.

You might also want to manually go in and make a change on a daily basis if a guy gets injured or something or if you have a full line up and you need a steals or block guy that's on your bench.. you move him on the Saturday or Sunday to help you win the week.

Or benching guys if you think a turnover can cost you.. some strategy can be useful.. or backfire.

Hope that helps!
              These are conflicting posts though.. would you not want to for example

Say I have mike Conley starting and vanvleet on the bench. But on Thursday Conley isnt playing but vanvleet is. Could I or should I not switch them for that day and then switch them back when Conley is playing?

(I've only ever done h2h for football so I'm sure I'll catch on eventually)

Comment

Just one thing I would also add is that in this league, any guy you pick up from free agency, they won't be in your lineup until the next day. So if you want a guy on your lineup Sunday from FA, you'll have to make the transaction on Saturday.

Comment

These are conflicting posts though.. would you not want to for example

Say I have mike Conley starting and vanvleet on the bench. But on Thursday Conley isnt playing but vanvleet is. Could I or should I not switch them for that day and then switch them back when Conley is playing?

(I've only ever done h2h for football so I'm sure I'll catch on eventually)

If Fred is playing on Thursday but Conley isn't than yeah, you'd move Fred in as a starter and move Mike to the bench for that day. You should try to avoid having any empty starter spots if you can (unless you are using some strategy, like trying to avoid getting turnovers, or starting a guy that sucks at FT's or something).

Comment

Is this where we talk shit?

Time to bring planetmars back DOWN TO EARTH

Comment

Hey Keon.. just a friendly tip.. since Klay and Draymond aren't playing tonight you can sub them out and put in a couple of bench guys to replace them. And then remember to swap them back in when GSW plays again on Friday.

You can set your lineups a week in advance like this. You can flip through the days in the week and set your line ups like that. That's what I usually try to do in case I'm too busy and forget the night before games start.

Or you can click the "Start Active Players" button and choose the "Rest of the Week" option. That's new apparently, and a pretty cool feature that I just learned about.

Comment

My guy Jedi is gonna light up Kawhi

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                          My guy Jedi is gonna light up Kawhi
                          The internal dynamic between ones Raptor-fan Identity and their Fantasy Owner Identity is always an interesting one. Lol

Comment

Paul George, Chris Paul, Clint Capela all for sale.

Comment

Skywalker you just screwed me. If Russ is broken I’m gonna quit lmao.

Comment

Working...
                              X