Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #1: Cleveland Cavaliers 104 - Toronto Raptors 116 (1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Hoping for a fun game.... there'll be some rust, but we should close this one out easily.

Bold prediction: JV goes for 20.
    I'd say that's a reasonable prediction

Here's a bold prediction. JV goes for 20 boards

Comment

• Spark wrote: View Post
      I dont know why but I have a gut feeling we are going to lose tonight and Tristan Thompson is going to say "I told you we are still number 1"....

Even if its just 1 game, hopefully no one loses their shit and start asking for trades lol
      This game will be over by halftime

Comment

• veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
        Lol! I wonder why they would ever do such a thing.
        One reason (not justified when you can ban accounts and IP addresses) was there were a few that were there just for arguing every point and needlessly being irrationally negative. There a guy screen name dragongrave123 on the Sportnet Raptors stories that did nothnig but bash DeMar every Raptor thread and now has switched to "nobody will beat Golden State so these will be all fake win....blah blah blah" ..... I wish he'd come on RR and get torn a new one because he knows nothing about roundball.

Comment

• Gents: I just put $20 on raps to come out of the East, $20 on raps to win it all.

I'M LIKING MY ODDS!

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
            Gents: I just put $20 on raps to come out of the East, $20 on raps to win it all.

I'M LIKING MY ODDS!
            The odds out of the East are really good. I was seeing 9/1 a while back in some places. Should have jumped on it. Boston was like 3/4
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JV became Miyagi over the summer
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Hoping for a fun game.... there'll be some rust, but we should close this one out easily.

Bold prediction: JV goes for 20.
                That's not the boldest prediction... The last few season openers JV has gone for 23, 32, 21 points. The last time he scored below that in an opener was 2014 when he scored 17.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  That's not the boldest prediction... The last few season openers JV has gone for 23, 32, 21 points. The last time he scored below that in an opener was 2014 when he scored 17.
                  Dude got a double double on his first regular season game
                  OG is our king

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

JV became Miyagi over the summer
                    I guess him miming the crossover would have been his “wax on/wax off”. There’s a gif waiting to be made.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The odds out of the East are really good. I was seeing 9/1 a while back in some places. Should have jumped on it. Boston was like 3/4
                      That's nuts. I got 3.25/1. Still pretty pleased though all things considered.

I also took the over on 49.5 wins for Utah. Feel like that should be a breeze for them with Gobert for a full year.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        If you think KD/Cousins is in the same boat as those guys there's nothing for me to say.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                        Not saying it's the same. But the championships they won with KD aren't clean either. KD allows GSW to withstand injuries during the regular season and Curry can even miss a round of the playoffs and it's no problem. Sure, not the same as KD & Cousins jumping on the bandwagon, but Steph, Klay and Drayond are also taking the easy way out to get extra chips that they might not otherwise.

Comment

• Probably the clearest Nurse has been in stating that starting C will be matchup-dependent:

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Probably the clearest Nurse has been in stating that starting C will be matchup-dependent:

This was one of my biggest problems with Casey. Matching the opponents and not making them match us. I also don't think Horford is good enough of a scorer specifically to take advantage of a matchup of JV anyway. Think Jv's offense is more important to our team than the worry of having him on someone like Horford.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                              This was one of my biggest problems with Casey. Matching the opponents and not making them match us. I also don't think Horford is good enough of a scorer specifically to take advantage of a matchup of JV anyway. Think Jv's offense is more important to our team than the worry of having him on someone like Horford.
                              Yeah, I have no issue with the concept of matchups. Where I'll likely take issue with some of the experimentation will be with the identification of which matchups are the ones we want. But such is experimentation. The whole point is to find out what doesn't work.

I imagine I'll have a lot of instances of railing at the team immediately after the game, then revisiting my comments in the morning and deciding it was fine that they tried stuff.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                                Jvs offense is important. That's why he'll have 25 min a night to score every single game.

You guys need to relax on who starts. Looks like it might be a 60/40 split jv over ibaka. We know they can't play together ideally, so it solves that, keeps Ibaka happy and also opens more minutes for OG and Pascal rather than having a tough time filling the backup 5 minutes and turning to monroe.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X