Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #1: Cleveland Cavaliers 104 - Toronto Raptors 116 (1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to have to watch this on tape-delay...waiting an extra hour and a half is going to be tough lol
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• This dude really created a hashtag for his last season lol. Don't think even Kobe did that.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Jvs offense is important. That's why he'll have 25 min a night to score every single game.

You guys need to relax on who starts. Looks like it might be a 60/40 split jv over ibaka. We know they can't play together ideally, so it solves that, keeps Ibaka happy and also opens more minutes for OG and Pascal rather than having a tough time filling the backup 5 minutes and turning to monroe.
          What if you think that Ibaka isn't actually a better matchup at C for 40% of games?

That is my issue. It's very hard to think of many matchups where he makes more sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            What if you think that Ibaka isn't actually a better matchup at C for 40% of games?

That is my issue. It's very hard to think of many matchups where he makes more sense.

Shhhhh..... we're trying to trade him.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
              This dude really created a hashtag for his last season lol. Don't think even Kobe did that.

He has to be the most self indulgent player in the league. He was amazing in his prime but I always disliked his demeanor. I don't know if it's an ego thing or what, always rubbed me the wrong way.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Shhhhh..... we're trying to trade him.
                Well this could backfire quite badly if that is the actual plan.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

I know thats what you think. But some think different. And I'm not taking a stance I'm just saying RR is a bit of a jv hive (other than ChristianL). Small sample size. But as hard as it is for people to admit, Serge DOES have a few attributes where he is better than valanciunas
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                    He has to be the most self indulgent player in the league. He was amazing in his prime but I always disliked his demeanor. I don't know if it's an ego thing or what, always rubbed me the wrong way.
                    You're not the only one.

Also somewhat true of Bosh and Melo. So the top of that draft produced some pretty diva-ish guys. Don't know if it's because they heard their names alongside LeBron's a lot early in their careers. At least Wade won something pretty early.

Comment

• Delon is out

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                        I don't have a problem with "farewell season" but that imo reserves to all time great players like LeBron, Duncan, Kobe...

Dwyane Wade? nah. GREAT player but not an all time great.

Duncan retired 2 years ago and i don't remember him having a farewell season.

This could also be Dirk Nowitzki's last season and no one's talkin about it. I think Dirk is an all time great.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't have a problem with "farewell season" but that imo reserves to all time great players like LeBron, Duncan, Kobe...

Dwyane Wade? nah. GREAT player but not an all time great.

Duncan retired 2 years ago and i don't remember him having a farewell season.

This could also be Dirk Nowitzki's last season and no one's talkin about it. I think Dirk is an all time great.
                          Timmy wasn't about that stuff

Comment

This dude really created a hashtag for his last season lol. Don't think even Kobe did that.

LOL. Ridiculous.

Comment

I know thats what you think. But some think different. And I'm not taking a stance I'm just saying RR is a bit of a jv hive (other than ChristianL). Small sample size. But as hard as it is for people to admit, Serge DOES have a few attributes where he is better than valanciunas
                              Yes but if matchups are a key factor, he matches up very badly against most Cs in the league. He doesn't body or box out well. I know it was preseason but he looked bad against all 3 of Nurkic, Gobert and Allen. Those are 3 very different guys and he was bad against all of them.

I'm also not sure what advantages he actually has over JV at this point. Shooting? Not if we can get JV's volume up there. Perimeter D? Only on Serge's physically best nights, which if last year was an indicator, is not something we should normally expect. Rim protection? Maybe marginally, but JV has been trending in a positive direction over the last year or so whereas Serge is a shell of his former self from his OKC days. So I'm not sure that is a positive at this point.

Basically, any advantage he has seems fairly slim at this point, whereas the advantages JV has over him (scoring, offensive bball IQ, rebounding, physicality) seem fairly significant.

Comment

I'm definitely unabashedly JVHive. My only recent raptors jersey purchase.

Comment

Working...
                                X