Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #1: Cleveland Cavaliers 104 - Toronto Raptors 116 (1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Take a chance, guess the final two starters!
    OG and JV

Comment

Unless they start TT and Love. Then it’s the standard JV and Ibaka.

Comment

Let’s get it on.

Comment

I’m going to hazard a guess and say Nurse opens with OG and Ibaka. He’s been leaning that way all preseason.

Comment

How do we know Green is starting?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              How do we know Green is starting?

Comment

It'll be interesting to see who starts...

If we're matching and they start Love & TT -- I'd say Serge & Jonas.

I'll be afraid already if we try to throw something out that they can totally exploit and they get way out in front, right off the hop.

One of my main hopes for this year is that, sans Dwane, we'll see proper lineups on the floor.

If Nick can't accomplish that this year... gulp.

That said, I'm all for experimenting as needed in the regular season.

HOWEVER, like Jack Armstrong mentioned in his most recent TSN article... I think homecourt against Boston could come down to being incredibly important. Let's not needlessly piss stuff away here...

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  I’m going to hazard a guess and say Nurse opens with OG and Ibaka. He’s been leaning that way all preseason.
                  Yeah this is my gut feeling too.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    Yeah this is my gut feeling too.
                    Gonna get bodied hard if it's Love and TT.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      It'll be interesting to see who starts...

If we're matching and they start Love & TT -- I'd say Serge & Jonas.

I'll be afraid already if we try to throw something out that they can totally exploit and they get way out in front, right off the hop.

One of my main hopes for this year is that, sans Dwane, we'll see proper lineups on the floor.

If Nick can't accomplish that this year... gulp.

That said, I'm all for experimenting as needed in the regular season.

HOWEVER, like Jack Armstrong mentioned in his most recent TSN article... I think homecourt against Boston could come down to being incredibly important. Let's not needlessly piss stuff away here...
                      I don't mind switching up lineups pretty often and showing many different looks, cause that should be a huge strength of this roster, but I think having a clear identity and go-to would be nice. I would be a bit concerned if Nurse tries to just play according to the other team's strengths rather than our own. Not concerned about that now, but if the lineup and playstyle is new every game I might be.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        Gonna get bodied hard if it's Love and TT.
                        OR maybe, just maybe... we'll see some more of that Wednesday and throughout the season (I dare to dream...

Last edited by inthepaint; Tue Oct 16, 2018, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I just want to say that we have Kawhi Leonard!!! I am very giddy.

Comment

The internet is a weird place

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              The internet is a weird place

Love it!

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                OR maybe, just maybe... we'll see some more of that Wednesday and throughout the season (I dare to dream...

I'm not saying we won't have plenty of opportunities to see those kinds of highlights from Ibaka throughout the year. I'm just musing as to whether you match big if they go big. I'm not sure what to expect with OG/Serge on TT/Love, is all. That said, I just checked all their respective heights/weights and they're actually not so very far off, I guess. Serge is pretty identical to TT it appears - though upon the eye-test Tristan looks like he's got some junk in the trunk. Their play style is certainly different though. OG meanwhile only gives up 2 inches and 23lbs against Love... could be worse.

We'll see what Nick rolls out. I just wanna play to our strengths as well. And I consider JV a strength when going up against size. He'll get his though, no matter who starts.

CAN'T FRICKIN WAIT TO GIT THIS PARTY STARTED

Comment

Working...
                                X