Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone in ontario make an order, and still not have it delivered? this is the 6th business day for me, and they said due to the delay allow for 5 days.

my dad lives in nova scotia, and he gets to buy it at the liquor store. he bought the strongest available, and said it wasn't as strong as what he grows himself.

Comment

Made my order on the 17th of October. Got it today.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        Yeah it took me a long time to get my order as well.

Comment

Black market must be thriving. Trudeau's supply and demand strategy is a complete failure.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Black market must be thriving. Trudeau's supply and demand strategy is complete failure.
            Classic government inefficiency getting in the way of its own policy.

Comment

I think it will get relatively better in ontario when private stores open, but I would much rather be able to sell what I grow, and have a quality control board instead of being forced to buy and resell government approved suppliers.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                Black market must be thriving. Trudeau's supply and demand strategy is a complete failure.
                Maury wrote: View Post
                Classic government inefficiency getting in the way of its own policy.
                This isn't as much a Federal Level thing, as it is a Provincial level issue, no? I would think so anyway.

Also, it's to be expected. If this keeps up beyond the first few months, then we definitely have some work to do, but I would think that this sort of "rough roll out" was a fore gone conclusion.

Comment

The supply is not the problem; the delivery is. And that's provincial jurisdiction. It was a stupid move to go online-only, and also to not allow people to apply for retail licenses until legalization, which is why they're talking about April for retail. Ford had better have a plan to get a ton of those applications approved before April or the complaints are going to get a lot worse.

The black market isn't likely going to grow much if at all because of the hiccups -- those who had never tried weed or had a supply source pre-legalization are just going to wait out the online delivery or wait until retail is available to start indulging, and those who already knew the kush most likely also have a "pre-legalization alternative source" they can turn to until things sort themselves out.

Simple growing pains of a new industry.
                  Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

The shortages are also likely to be costly for provincial and federal governments. In a policy paper developed with colleague Anindya Sen, Wyonch argues that the government could lose $800m in revenues to the black market – far outpacing the anticipated tax revenues of $300m-$600m in the first year of legalization.

Comment

I think the kids selling weed in school should be the most pissed. Those are the guys losing real money. Poor kids.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        This isn't as much a Federal Level thing, as it is a Provincial level issue, no? I would think so anyway.

Also, it's to be expected. If this keeps up beyond the first few months, then we definitely have some work to do, but I would think that this sort of "rough roll out" was a fore gone conclusion.
                        jimmie wrote: View Post
                        The supply is not the problem; the delivery is. And that's provincial jurisdiction. It was a stupid move to go online-only, and also to not allow people to apply for retail licenses until legalization, which is why they're talking about April for retail. Ford had better have a plan to get a ton of those applications approved before April or the complaints are going to get a lot worse.

The black market isn't likely going to grow much if at all because of the hiccups -- those who had never tried weed or had a supply source pre-legalization are just going to wait out the online delivery or wait until retail is available to start indulging, and those who already knew the kush most likely also have a "pre-legalization alternative source" they can turn to until things sort themselves out.

Simple growing pains of a new industry.
                        Canada post has made it a federal concern. It would still be bad if it were stores, as we are seeing.

Comment

Comment

i didn't get the email, so i have been told i am safe. worst part is canada post didn't notify, probably because incompetence hurts the shake down for drug money. good on ocs for at least letting people know.

Comment

Once all those dispenseries that have been in full public view for years and have been shut down get their licenses back I think you see a lot of business shift to brick and mortar storefronts. For one thing you save 5 bucks and can jam a needle in the eye of Canada Post but moreso its just the ability to get what you want when you want it. Store hours are not an issue.

I get that the provinces wanted the initial demand and the markup all to themselves but the delivery issues have been what you would expect for this type of logistical undertaking. It stinks.

When its harder to get what you want legally as opposed to "alternative" channels... you need to re look at your policy. Ford missed on this one. He knows it.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Anyone tried this government CBD or CBD in general? What kind do you use? Any reviews would be helpful!

I've got plantar fasciitis in both feet, shin splints, 2 bum knees from ACL's and I need something that is not Percocet... as fun as they used to be. I don't wanna get high, just relaxed, mannnnnnnn

Comment

Working...
                                X