Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Everything weed

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,840
    Likes (Given)
    4491
    Likes (Received)
    1723

    Default

    I think it will get relatively better in ontario when private stores open, but I would much rather be able to sell what I grow, and have a quality control board instead of being forced to buy and resell government approved suppliers.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,765
    Likes (Given)
    12486
    Likes (Received)
    6123

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Made my order on the 17th of October. Got it today.
    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Black market must be thriving. Trudeau's supply and demand strategy is a complete failure.
    Quote Maury wrote: View Post
    Classic government inefficiency getting in the way of its own policy.
    This isn't as much a Federal Level thing, as it is a Provincial level issue, no? I would think so anyway.

    Also, it's to be expected. If this keeps up beyond the first few months, then we definitely have some work to do, but I would think that this sort of "rough roll out" was a fore gone conclusion.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    913
    Likes (Given)
    445
    Likes (Received)
    270

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Black market must be thriving. Trudeau's supply and demand strategy is a complete failure.
    The supply is not the problem; the delivery is. And that's provincial jurisdiction. It was a stupid move to go online-only, and also to not allow people to apply for retail licenses until legalization, which is why they're talking about April for retail. Ford had better have a plan to get a ton of those applications approved before April or the complaints are going to get a lot worse.

    The black market isn't likely going to grow much if at all because of the hiccups -- those who had never tried weed or had a supply source pre-legalization are just going to wait out the online delivery or wait until retail is available to start indulging, and those who already knew the kush most likely also have a "pre-legalization alternative source" they can turn to until things sort themselves out.

    Simple growing pains of a new industry.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  4. Likes Miekenstien liked this post
  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27,163
    Likes (Given)
    2623
    Likes (Received)
    6707

    Default

    The shortages are also likely to be costly for provincial and federal governments. In a policy paper developed with colleague Anindya Sen, Wyonch argues that the government could lose $800m in revenues to the black market – far outpacing the anticipated tax revenues of $300m-$600m in the first year of legalization.
    .

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,840
    Likes (Given)
    4491
    Likes (Received)
    1723

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    .
    I think the kids selling weed in school should be the most pissed. Those are the guys losing real money. Poor kids.

  7. Likes Joey liked this post
  8. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,840
    Likes (Given)
    4491
    Likes (Received)
    1723

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    This isn't as much a Federal Level thing, as it is a Provincial level issue, no? I would think so anyway.

    Also, it's to be expected. If this keeps up beyond the first few months, then we definitely have some work to do, but I would think that this sort of "rough roll out" was a fore gone conclusion.
    Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    The supply is not the problem; the delivery is. And that's provincial jurisdiction. It was a stupid move to go online-only, and also to not allow people to apply for retail licenses until legalization, which is why they're talking about April for retail. Ford had better have a plan to get a ton of those applications approved before April or the complaints are going to get a lot worse.

    The black market isn't likely going to grow much if at all because of the hiccups -- those who had never tried weed or had a supply source pre-legalization are just going to wait out the online delivery or wait until retail is available to start indulging, and those who already knew the kush most likely also have a "pre-legalization alternative source" they can turn to until things sort themselves out.

    Simple growing pains of a new industry.
    Canada post has made it a federal concern. It would still be bad if it were stores, as we are seeing.

  9. Likes Joey, MACK11 liked this post
  10. #27
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27,163
    Likes (Given)
    2623
    Likes (Received)
    6707

    Default



  11. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,840
    Likes (Given)
    4491
    Likes (Received)
    1723

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

    i didn't get the email, so i have been told i am safe. worst part is canada post didn't notify, probably because incompetence hurts the shake down for drug money. good on ocs for at least letting people know.

  12. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,490
    Likes (Given)
    1112
    Likes (Received)
    1368

    Default

    Once all those dispenseries that have been in full public view for years and have been shut down get their licenses back I think you see a lot of business shift to brick and mortar storefronts. For one thing you save 5 bucks and can jam a needle in the eye of Canada Post but moreso its just the ability to get what you want when you want it. Store hours are not an issue.

    I get that the provinces wanted the initial demand and the markup all to themselves but the delivery issues have been what you would expect for this type of logistical undertaking. It stinks.

    When its harder to get what you want legally as opposed to "alternative" channels... you need to re look at your policy. Ford missed on this one. He knows it.

  13. Likes Miekenstien liked this post
  14. #30
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,257
    Likes (Given)
    2408
    Likes (Received)
    2089

    Default

    Anyone tried this government CBD or CBD in general? What kind do you use? Any reviews would be helpful!

    I've got plantar fasciitis in both feet, shin splints, 2 bum knees from ACL's and I need something that is not Percocet... as fun as they used to be. I don't wanna get high, just relaxed, mannnnnnnn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •