Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawhi “it’s a little early for the MVP chants but I like the support.”

I’m loving the energy from the crowd. It was deafening for Game 1 and this one appeared to be even louder.

I don’t know anyone that can turn down playing for a fan base like this. This is far better than the Vince and Bosh days.

Comment

• Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I’m loving the energy from the crowd. It was deafening for Game 1 and this one appeared to be even louder.
        Haha. I agree with a lot of what you said but not this. Game 1 was apparently being played in a library (not an exciting library), and especially early in game 2 it was surprisingly quiet. Just after halftime when people weren't back in their seats for this game you could hear the players breathing and the squeaking of shoes on the floor. To me, it wasn't until the last 5-7 minutes of the game when Lowry took a charge and guys hit those big shots that the place got amped up (and those last 5-7 minutes the crowd was admittedly super into it finally).

We need the fans to step it up a bit though. Scotiabank arena need not be 100x lamer than the Acc!

Comment

• Couldn't post last night.. but man that was a fun game. So tight all game long.

Horford is so good. He's the real reason why Boston ticks. I wish we had him. Just a smart player and makes the right play most of the time.

Serge came out strong tonight. He's my MVP of the game despite Kawhi getting 31 points (at ease it seemed like) and 10 boards. Lowry with that game changing charge and 3pt dagger! Just love it.

Oh and Danny Green was fantastic. He was all over the place. Someone needs to create a gif of that double block on Tatum.

I won't nitpick the negatives too much since it was a great win. But by mid-season this team is going to be so good.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            Glad to have you onboard. How long have you been a Spurs fan?
            I've been following the Spurs closely since 2010, so I've seen the entire saga of Kawhi. An amazing story, and I'm sure there are books being written as we speak.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Homer commentator still Homer.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                Kawhi “it’s a little early for the MVP chants but I like the support.”

I don’t know anyone that can turn down playing for a fan base like this. This is far better than the Vince and Bosh days.
                Only reason he leaves IMO is he gets sick of the Toronto winter, which has not come yet...

Hopefully he realizes this is his best chance to win a Championship sans him somehow getting to be on GS or having to deal with Lebron's diva behaviour, which I doubt he wants too. Raps also will have a ton of cap space freeing up after 2019-2020 season with the only guaranteed money going to Powell (fucking horrible deal by Masai but whatevs). Of course they will need to use some money to re-sign OG, Siakam and crew but they will have cap flexibility to pick up another big name in that free agency (or trade) hopefully.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Is it just me or the pace around the league crazy fast this year. I'm getting tired just watching the game.
                  Yeah the main difference is the 14 sec shot clock after an offensive board now... makes you have to play quicker, no time to just dribble and bore us for 20 seconds to get a play done.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Tommy Heinsohn is the worst commentator in all of sports.

I kid you not, I once saw him say a ref made a bad call when a Celtics player basically punched an opponent in the face (not flagrant style, but just a reach gone wrong that smacked a driving player right in the face). His logic was that it should have been an offensive foul because the offensive player initiated the contact by headbutting the guy's hand as he was driving. Not that it shouldn't have been a foul...that it was an offensive foul! Like wtf, Tommy? WTF?

Comment

• You'd think when Morris matured to Morris Sr., his brain would have matured as well. Maybe he had to keep up...didn't his brother say something like "we're better than them, we just lost" last year?

“That’s the biggest thing; he’s getting the ball every other play,” said Morris, referring to Leonard’s 10-for-25 shooting night which was 11 shot attempts more than the nearest teammate. “He’s a good player, been a good player; not taking nothing away from him. But he getting the ball every play? You gonna get 30. That’s how I feel.” Hope his 20 shot taking teammate Kyrie wasn't listening.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/cel...rd-even-better

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Hawk Harrelson (Chicago White Sox broadcaster) may be worse than Heinsohn.. it's close

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Hawk Harrelson (Chicago White Sox broadcaster) may be worse than Heinsohn.. it's close
                          Lol wouldn't know. I definitely don't watch enough of other sports in other markets to really have made that kind of statement, but at least in basketball, no one I've ever heard is worse than Heinsohn.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

I kid you not, I once saw him say a ref made a bad call when a Celtics player basically punched an opponent in the face (not flagrant style, but just a reach gone wrong that smacked a driving player right in the face). His logic was that it should have been an offensive foul because the offensive player initiated the contact by headbutting the guy's hand as he was driving. Not that it shouldn't have been a foul...that it was an offensive foul! Like wtf, Tommy? WTF?
                            Its a reflection of Celtic fans, just go to the comment section of the tweet they are mostly in agreement with Tommy even those who say they didn't see the game.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              You'd think when Morris matured to Morris Sr., his brain would have matured as well. Maybe he had to keep up...didn't his brother say something like "we're better than them, we just lost" last year?

“That’s the biggest thing; he’s getting the ball every other play,” said Morris, referring to Leonard’s 10-for-25 shooting night which was 11 shot attempts more than the nearest teammate. “He’s a good player, been a good player; not taking nothing away from him. But he getting the ball every play? You gonna get 30. That’s how I feel.” Hope his 20 shot taking teammate Kyrie wasn't listening.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/cel...rd-even-better
                              Morris is one of those guys who if I read in the news he got shot 15 times in the head and chest and died, I'd be like "he probably deserved it". He worsens our gene pool with his existence.

Comment

Working...
                              X