Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    @white men can't jump: I have no idea what you were watching, but Ibaka was pretty good defensively yesterday. Don't remember him making any major mistakes.

As for his offense, he missed a lot, but a lot of the shots he took were good shots. Shots he should be making usually. No idea why you have such a hate boner for the guy.
    Because hes in the way of wmcjs dream of 36 minutes and 18 shots a night for JV

He thought it was just that pesky Casey getting in the way, but he underestimated just how many morons are getting hired on as nba coaches
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I like Sopranos Pizza

Comment

Trick with Pizza Pizza is to order it Thick Crust & Well Done.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Because hes in the way of wmcjs dream of 36 minutes and 18 shots a night for JV

He thought it was just that pesky Casey getting in the way, but he underestimated just how many morons are getting hired on as nba coaches
          I would disagree with some of what WMCJS said but I do believe rebounding was definitely an issue when Ibaka was on the floor. He was way too aggressive on the offensive boards leading to dumb fouls when he should know that's not his strength and should be getting back on defense.

I mean it could be worse that a lot of his problems were trying to put in too much of an effort on the offensive glass but he did pick up some seriously silly fouls pushing guys in the back and crashing the glass over guys too hard.

Comment

I remember one crazy ass pizza pizza hack from high school where we'd sub bbq sauce for the tomato sauce. It was actually pretty good.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

if this is what we get from pascal on a regular basis we'll be really good
              Can't wait to see him lock down Tatum

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                I would disagree with some of what WMCJS said but I do believe rebounding was definitely an issue when Ibaka was on the floor. He was way too aggressive on the offensive boards leading to dumb fouls when he should know that's not his strength and should be getting back on defense.

I mean it could be worse that a lot of his problems were trying to put in too much of an effort on the offensive glass but he did pick up some seriously silly fouls pushing guys in the back and crashing the glass over guys too hard.
                Dont get me wrong. I believe jv is a superior scorer, rebounder and overall, player. But the closing minutes last night called for ibaka. Cleveland was playing love at the 5 and we were sitting on a 10 or 12 pt lead. Basically only the disaster that could have blown that game was have their only good scorer (love) go off. I've seen love score 25 in a quarter before. No sense risking it, go with Ibaka. Hes more mobile and contests deep 3s better off switches

Comment

Dont get me wrong. I believe jv is a superior scorer, rebounder and overall, player. But the closing minutes last night called for ibaka. Cleveland was playing love at the 5 and we were sitting on a 10 or 12 pt lead. Basically only the disaster that could have blown that game was have their only good scorer (love) go off. I've seen love score 25 in a quarter before. No sense risking it, go with Ibaka. Hes more mobile and contests deep 3s better off switches
                  This is my thinking, too.

JV was awesome last night, but we all know Nurse is going to utitlize the matchups defensively first, not on the offensive end. If the Raptors were down 10, on the other hand, I'm sure it'd be JV out there to try and close it out/come in striking range.

But, JV, as we've seen in the last 3. goddamn. years. vs. Cleveland, has so much trouble with Kevin Love and players alike. It's not rocket science.

Edit: I took out the "fucking" after "seen" cause I was in the heat of the moment thinking about those playoff losses lol.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I give our game 1 fans a C-. That was brutal. Hopefully its better on a Friday vs a marquee opponent

And that's what I wanted to excuse.."its a weekday against a shitty team"..BUT ITS THE SEASON OPENER!! I watched Warriors Thunder at Oracle not 21 hours prior, and those fans were loud, engaged and in their seats all game. Granted that game was a closer game than ours but still, they've won 3 championships and 4 straight finals. They been eatin long enough, man their stomachs should be full.

This Jurassic Park Raptors Nation We The North thing has been on a steady decline since 2014 and it's not special right now.
                    I was also very dismayed by the fans for a season opener game....I really hope it's not a new trend. Also, why weren't there any cuts to Jurassic Park? Was the area just not open?

Comment

Torassic1 wrote: View Post
                      I was also very dismayed by the fans for a season opener game....I really hope it's not a new trend. Also, why weren't there any cuts to Jurassic Park? Was the area just not open?
                      there wasn't that many people there
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Wow...the fans are usually better than this.

Comment

Torassic1 wrote: View Post
                          I think its time we got to come to grips with the fact that maybe a third of those fans in the heyday were just bandwagon killing time until the Leafs were good again

Comment

Comment

I think its time we got to come to grips with the fact that maybe a third of those fans in the heyday were just bandwagon killing time until the Leafs were good again
                              they need to relax with the prices.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X