Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

POTENTIAL ECF SNEAK PEEK?

Projected Starters

Celtics Raptors
    Kyrie Irving Kyle Lowry
    Jason Tatum Danny Green
    Gordon Hayward Kawhi Leonard
    Jaylen Brown Pascal Siakam
    Al Horford Jonas Valanciunas
    NOTES

- Delon Wright was not available for Season Opener.

- OG Anunoby had right orbital contusion. He left the game and didn't return

- https://globalnews.ca/news/4566411/t...s-home-opener/

Leonard, who hasn’t played since Jan. 13 and played all of nine games last season due to a quadriceps injury, looked a bit rusty in the opening minutes missing his first three shots. He shook it off as the game progressed and demonstrated why he was a two-time defensive player of the year. He finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds.

“I thought Kawhi created a lot of opportunities for himself,” Nurse said.“You see that the ability is there for him to get shots and I think some of the nights, those are going to be some big numbers.”

Lowry looked like a man on a mission, hitting a three-pointer in the opening minutes and finishing with 27 points and eight assists on the night.

Highlights

Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Oct 18, 2018, 01:06 AM.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nah
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

OG is our king

Comment

Whatever happen in this game, win or lose please refrain from knee jerk reaction on the 2nd game of the season. Raptors currently have more kinks to deal with Kawhi & Nurse trying to figure things out.

Comment

Raps look hungry and Friday’s menu item is Chowda.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Raps look hungry and Friday’s menu item is Chowda.
              Could anyone enlighten me why are celtics called chowderheads within this forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Icethis wrote: View Post
                Could anyone enlighten me why are celtics called chowderheads within this forum?

It's a derogatory term for all Boston sports teams, that I believe originated from Yankees fans during the Pedro Martinez-era Yankees / Red Sox rivalry.

Comment

Boston clam chowder

Comment

Will be at this game screaming my head off. I imagine it will be a rowdy crowd. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Whatever happen in this game, win or lose please refrain from knee jerk reaction on the 2nd game of the season. Raptors currently have more kinks to deal with Kawhi & Nurse trying to figure things out.
                      Unfortunately, not gonna happen for a ton of bandwagon fans. Trade everybody, told you they can't hang with the Celtics etc

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
                        Will be at this game screaming my head off. I imagine it will be a rowdy crowd. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
                        Hopefully half the lower bowl won't be empty halfway through the third Q. You can see it on the highlights above, HUGE areas are entirely empty at the 10-12:00 minute mark of the 3Q. Truly embarassing

Comment

Because calling them lobster rolls doesn't really sound like a dig, it just kind of makes you hungry.

Also, they are chowderheads because they root for guys like this:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Hopefully half the lower bowl won't be empty halfway through the third Q. You can see it on the highlights above, HUGE areas are entirely empty at the 10-12:00 minute mark of the 3Q. Truly embarassing
                            I give our game 1 fans a C-. That was brutal. Hopefully its better on a Friday vs a marquee opponent

And that's what I wanted to excuse.."its a weekday against a shitty team"..BUT ITS THE SEASON OPENER!! I watched Warriors Thunder at Oracle not 21 hours prior, and those fans were loud, engaged and in their seats all game. Granted that game was a closer game than ours but still, they've won 3 championships and 4 straight finals. They been eatin long enough, man their stomachs should be full.

This Jurassic Park Raptors Nation We The North thing has been on a steady decline since 2014 and it's not special right now.
                            Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Oct 18, 2018, 12:44 PM.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Man, that is terrible. I live far away from Toronto, but if I had the opportunity to go to an opening night (or any game for that matter), I wouldn't miss a minute of the game, whether I paid good money for the ticket or it was given to me. It's a sad irony to see people cheering at jurassic park in the cold cuz they couldn't get in for whatever reason, while huge sections of seats empty inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X