Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Would rather see OG/Siakam defend Tatum to start the game at least. No need to take the chance of Kawhi picking up early fouls. I wonder if Tatum will be guarding Kawhi?
    I don't know if Siakam will start if Boston goes with Horford at C and a bunch of wings/guards. Might have OG/Kawhi/Green start for best possible switch options.

To me, I'm more curious if they put Lowry on Irving or one of those other 3 guys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Big game.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I don't know if Siakam will start if Boston goes with Horford at C and a bunch of wings/guards. Might have OG/Kawhi/Green start for best possible switch options.

To me, I'm more curious if they put Lowry on Irving or one of those other 3 guys.

I think Hayward started at PF for Boston in their opener against Philly. I could see Siakam guarding him.

Could really use Delon's length against Irving, but Lowry is a dog. Will make Irving work hard for everything.

Comment

• Nurse could have been saving something for this game. Maybe purposely had a really diff look against Cavs to throw Boston off.

Comment

• Fashion forward
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I think Hayward started at PF for Boston in their opener against Philly. I could see Siakam guarding him.

Could really use Delon's length against Irving, but Lowry is a dog. Will make Irving work hard for everything.
              Lowry is not that good on ballhandlers anymore though. Plays overaggressive too much and ends up giving up penetration too early.

Great team defender off the ball though. However Boston's wings might be too big to pull him off Irving and put him on one of the other guys.

And I could see Siakam guarding Hayward, I just think OG is a more sound team defender. However if they start Ibaka, might need the extra ballhandling and passing that Pascal adds.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Fashion forward
                Looks like Denzel Washington

"Are you a sheep or a wolf?!?!"
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Would they put Green on Irving? It would mean Lowry on Brown, but I assume Brown will be more of an off-ball threat with Irving/Tatum/Horford initiating the offence ahead of him.

If we're going to see a lineup featuring all three of Kawhi-OG-Siakam, this would probably be the game to do it
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Not sure what I'd do re: guarding the Celts. Assuming they start Ibaka and he's on Horford, then I'd go Siakam beside him to help on the boards. If JV started on Horford I'd have OG in the 4-spot, but that's unlikely I think.

So, if Pascal is playing, I'd have him on Hayward. Hide Lowry on Brown (not many places to hide, but I think he's the least concerning perimeter player). Then Kawhi on Tatum and Green/OG (whoever starts) on Kyrie. If OG was at the 4 I'd give him Hayward and Green Kyrie, maybe have them switch off to keep someone fresh on Kyrie all game. Wright would help too if he was healthy, but c'est la vie.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Here'e how I would start this one:

Lowry on Irving
                      Green on Brown
                      Kawhi on Tatum
                      OG on Hayward
                      JV on Horford

There. I said it. JV on Horford. I know the prevailing thought is JV can have trouble with Horford, but you know what, Horford would have a lot of trouble with JV too. Horford would get owned on the glass and on the post, and our offence would flow with good screens, opening up everyone's game. On the defensive end, if Horford wants to prance around in the perimeter, we've got Green/Hawhi/OG waiting for him.

I'm sick of "well' we have to match up to them". You wanna play like a championship team, you start forcing them to adapt to you rather then just reacting. You don't see GSW saying, "well let me see what Utah is gonna start, then I'll see". They will come out hot, shoving down on everyone's throat regardless of what you do, and you either keep up or you don't.

Now, I know we're not golden state, but we've got the best player in the East here. Time to show some balls. Play your best centre at centre, protected by your best wing-trio, and let Boston scramble to deal with it.

Comment

• I might be in the minority, but I'd have Lowry guard Irving. I love OG, but Irving is the premiere ball handler in the NBA, there is no way OG can stay in front of him because he's not going to be able to body him.

Comment

I might be in the minority, but I'd have Lowry guard Irving. I love OG, but Irving is the premiere ball handler in the NBA, there is no way OG can stay in front of him because he's not going to be able to body him.
                          Did you watch our Wizards series?

OG was fantastic on Wall, one of the best ballhandlers/penetrators in the league. Lowry was...not good. Switching their matchups to have OG be the primary guy on Wall and put Lowry on Beal off the ball was a big factor in us winning that series.

Irving is a better shooter than Wall, but I think similar logic still applies because you do not want to be conceding the drive.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            Here'e how I would start this one:

Lowry on Irving
                            Green on Brown
                            Kawhi on Tatum
                            OG on Hayward
                            JV on Horford

There. I said it. JV on Horford. I know the prevailing thought is JV can have trouble with Horford, but you know what, Horford would have a lot of trouble with JV too. Horford would get owned on the glass and on the post, and our offence would flow with good screens, opening up everyone's game. On the defensive end, if Horford wants to prance around in the perimeter, we've got Green/Hawhi/OG waiting for him.

I'm sick of "well' we have to match up to them". You wanna play like a championship team, you start forcing them to adapt to you rather then just reacting. You don't see GSW saying, "well let me see what Utah is gonna start, then I'll see". They will come out hot, shoving down on everyone's throat regardless of what you do, and you either keep up or you don't.

Now, I know we're not golden state, but we've got the best player in the East here. Time to show some balls. Play your best centre at centre, protected by your best wing-trio, and let Boston scramble to deal with it.
                            Or we go with Siakam on Horford and force old man Al to sprint down the court after every made FG. Speed vs. strength.

That's the lineup I'm looking forward to seeing: Lowry/Green/Kawhi/OG/Siakam

Rebounding could be a problem, yes, but maybe not against the C's with Hayward at PF.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Must. Win. Game.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                                Must. Win. Game.
                                I totally agree. Yes its the 2nd game of 82 but with the highly contested no.1 spot to gain HCA all the way at the end, this game is a must win.

Start a trend of winning against legit contenders, CJ is right on the money, this is a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X