Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    It was pretty respectful to him
    Oh for sure. It probably pissed him off though.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      Wonder what he thought about the pre-game video.
      That video was a kind of cringeworthy. Way too defensive, and sounding like it was coming straight from Masai. But then again, the backlash he got from the fans for trading DeMar and bringing in a top 5 player was ludicrous, so I guess MU felt he needed to give the so-called "fans" an explanation.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        That video was a kind of cringeworthy. Way too defensive, and sounding like it was coming straight from Masai. But then again, the backlash he got from the fans for trading DeMar and bringing in a top 5 player was ludicrous, so I guess MU felt he needed to give the so-called "fans" an explanation.
        I don't think MU would ever have approved that pre-game video. Was way too aggressive about stuff, not his style. That was produced by Sportsnet, not the Raptors.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I don't think MU would ever have approved that pre-game video. Was way too aggressive about stuff, not his style. That was produced by Sportsnet, not the Raptors.
          That makes sense. I was like, holy F, this is way too much information here.

Comment

That makes sense. I was like, holy F, this is way too much information here.
            It was a hype up video, plain and simple. All of us here read way too much into stuff.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              It was a hype up video, plain and simple. All of us here read way too much into stuff.
              Hype up videos are a different... fast clips, action shots, etc.... This was more about the words, trying to justify dumping Casey/Demar and convince the so-called fans that going all-in for a chip was a good thing. Yeeesh. You didn't actually have to read anything into the video .... it was spelled out in too graphic detail - for me anyway.

Comment

• I liked the video. It was unapologetic. "Fuck you if you don't want to win championship here" I can get behind that lol
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Was it Sportsnet? The msg seemed to echo Masai's frustation with the media and fans' attitude, perfectly.

We all know Masai's aggressiveness comes out in calculated moves. It wouldn't surprise me if this video received Masai's blessings.
                  Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Oct 22, 2018, 02:29 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Was it Sportsnet? The msg seemed to echo Masa's frustation with the media and fans' attitude, perfectly.

We all know Masa's aggressiveness comes out in calculated moves. It wouldn't surprise me if this video received Masa's blessings.
                    I felt like it echoed the feelings of the more knowledgeable half of the fan base to be honest. There seemed to be a pretty obvious split on those who were for and against the trade. Raptors fans seem to be made of "Toronto Sports Fan" and "Basketball Fan" and most of us here are in the latter..not to be stereotypical

The same people on the anti Masai side are still complaining "Kawhi's gonna leave"...after Kawhis opening double double someone said "Derozan got more points! Wish we had him"

"kawhi's gonna leave" is the new "kawhi won't play" which was the new "Kawhi won't report".

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Was it Sportsnet? The msg seemed to echo Masa's frustation with the media and fans' attitude, perfectly.

We all know Masa's aggressiveness comes out in calculated moves. It wouldn't surprise me if this video received Masa's blessings.
                      Yes, it was the pre-game video for the broadcast, which is always produced by the channel the game is airing on. It's not a video the Raps showed in-arena, or posted to their youtube channel. You want the Masai-approved messaging, watch Open Gym. Can't blame the producers of the video being able to pick up on Masai's frustration like you did.

Now, I'm not saying it didn't reflect the reality of the situation. I'm just saying assuming this is Raptors-directed messaging is not a given.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        I liked the video. It was unapologetic. "Fuck you if you don't want to win championship here" I can get behind that lol
                        I’m totally behind that message, but you can’t exactly say FU to the bulk of your fanbase, lol. They took the indirect approach and it sounded weak and a bit pathetic, imo.

Comment

• Q: Do the Raps (or mlse) have their own vid production group? I would think that regardless of who produces such an airing it would be run by senior Raps personnel or Masai. I would think that the Raps would have juice to ask for some control over what goes on the air re the org. or events like this. I mean NBA teams can have play by play or colour mouthpieces get canned if they get too cross eyed.

Comment

I’m totally behind that message, but you can’t exactly say FU to the bulk of your fanbase, lol. They took the indirect approach and it sounded weak and a bit pathetic, imo.
                            Where in the message did you hear FU exactly?

I heard "be proud of the franchise, stop thinking you're inferior, set the expectations at 'world champion' and get behind the 2019 team which is quite likely the best team we've ever had"

To me that's like a really good message trying to unify 5he fans, not divide

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Q: Do the Raps (or mlse) have their own vid production group? I would think that regardless of who produces such an airing it would be run by senior Raps personnel or Masai. I would think that the Raps would have juice to ask for some control over what goes on the air re the org. or events like this. I mean NBA teams can have play by play or colour mouthpieces get canned if they get too cross eyed.
                              Rogers and bell air the games and both have huge ownership stakes in the team..
                              So that's your answer lol

Comment

I can see any DeRozan or Casey stans interpreting the msg as an FU. But they'll come around eventually

Comment

Working...
                                X