Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Hmmm..
    This only confirms Lewenberg has no clue what he's talking about. Ibaka was not good on D beyond his blocked shots. And his mere presence was having a negative impact on our O.

Still think he will start against Horford, as that might be the most ideal matchup for him at C in the whole league, but yeah, he was bad last night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      This only confirms Lewenberg has no clue what he's talking about. Ibaka was not good on D beyond his blocked shots. And his mere presence was having a negative impact on our O.

Still think he will start against Horford, as that might be the most ideal matchup for him at C in the whole league, but yeah, he was bad last night.

Outside of missing shots, any concrete examples?

I generally thought he played well and within the flow of the team (choppy as it was...)
      Last edited by themasao; Thu Oct 18, 2018, 04:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post

I generally thought he played well and within the flow of the team (choppy as it was...)
          I didn't have much of a problem with him either.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Raps look hungry and Friday’s menu item is Chowda.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post

He was lost and undisciplined on both ends. Cheating in no man's land on D (ie only caring about the block and not actual rotations), which also led to him being in poor rebounding position a lot. Careless on the glass when he was crashing it leading to too many loose ball fouls. Setting weak screens that meant our ballhandlers had to do way too much work to try and get inside.

Look, Ibaka was once a great defensive player, and that is one area where there's supposed to be expected value from him nightly. He was bad last night though. Our D was better with him on the bench, and he's not much of a factor on offence. He can be if he hits shots, but otherwise is low skill and low IQ on O.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Oct 18, 2018, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Maybe Ibaka was putting too much pressure on himself, but he was probably the worst player in our rotation last night. Maybe Miles was, but Miles has a narrower role and is missed less if other guys are hitting shots.

Lowry was fantastic and other than a bit of rust, so was Kawhi. JV, FVV, Green, OG and Pascal all played well. Norm even looked at least more comfortable than pretty much any time last year.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Oct 18, 2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

if this is what we get from pascal on a regular basis we'll be really good

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

if this is what we get from pascal on a regular basis we'll be really good
                      He looks much more polished in every aspect of the game. Speaks well of how much work he has done and Raps player development.... Let's hope he keeps it up.

Comment

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else but does anybody know what happened to the post game presser vids that the Raptors YouTube channel used to post?

Also Maker Pizza is a great get. Not really a chain but worth the trek/UberEats fee.

Comment

Does this mean you think Nurse has no clue what he's talking about?

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                            I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else but does anybody know what happened to the post game presser vids that the Raptors YouTube channel used to post?

Also Maker Pizza is a great get. Not really a chain but worth the trek/UberEats fee.
                            Its on raptors.com

Comment

@white men can't jump: I have no idea what you were watching, but Ibaka was pretty good defensively yesterday. Don't remember him making any major mistakes.

As for his offense, he missed a lot, but a lot of the shots he took were good shots. Shots he should be making usually. No idea why you have such a hate boner for the guy.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Its on raptors.com
                                Respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X