Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you think ref is shook
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

you think ref is shook
      PS
      Great job Mix. Extend the streak.

Comment

you think ref is shook
        Kawhi hand swallowed the refs body
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fuck I am watching the GSW vs Jazz game at the half and the ESPN team is reviewing highlights of Bucks vs Indiana. One of the highlights was Giannis dunk and Paul Pierce declares: "Best player in the Eastern Conference right there!". I swear Pierce is absolutely pathetic with his Raptors hate.

Comment

• What is with the Pierce bifocals (fake?) ...so 2017.

Comment

you think ref is shook
              Norm looks concerned " umm Ref..do you know who you are fucking with?!"

Comment

• Utah>> Houston

Comment

• Donkey green is a fake tough guy

Comment

• Some of these Boston fans are pretty sad to watch though, makes me pity them. Their hate towards Raptors is unrational and their basketball understanding seems to be summed up to hysteric shouting after a foul, that there was no foul.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/inde...opic=97893.495
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Gotta hand it to Nurse - he stuck with that small look (though smartly subbed OG in for Pascal, as Pascal wasn't helping on the boards like I thought he would, and was also killing the offence) and found a way to get scores for them in spite of Ibaka being awful as a screen setter (though to his credit he put in a lot more effort there tonight - I don't expect that every night but it was nice to see). Mostly by leveraging the best screener in that lineup - Lowry!

The switches they forced on that action ravaged Boston. They had no answer for Kawhi attacking Kyrie. Really impressive stuff. Not the sort of offence you want to run all game long, but effective for closing minutes, which is a great sign.

Hopefully they can get more consistent offence throughout the game on those nights where they have to start small like this, but definitely a step in the right direction.

The timing of this back to back is kind of convenient too, as JV had a light load tonight and will probably take the bulk of the C minutes tomorrow as even when small the Wiz don't have anyone like Horford to get concerned about.

Serge was far from perfect defensively on Horford (gave up a TONNE of open threes) but he was good enough that I'm sold on this small ball look when the matchups call for it, for the next little while anyway.

One of the big concerns with starting Serge is how the bench shakes out. Doesn't help that Delon was replaced by Norm, but even that aside this version will struggle when JV can't just bully the opposing C. Not enough shot creation. On nights where we start small, I'd look to stagger the KLs' minutes to keep one with the bench at all times, run a two man action with JV every trip. Then again, maybe Delon and/or Pascal returning to the unit will help fix enough of those issues that it's unnecessary. When JV starts it's easier, as OG is the natural frontcourt pairing for him, while Pascal needs Serge's spacing and playing the pair on the bench with two attackers (Delon, Pascal) and three spacers (Serge, FVV, Miles) should keep them afloat, and the defence should be good too.

That out of the way: what a fricking game! Holy crap. Serge showed up, Lowry was fantastic again, Green had a hell of a game. And Kawhi Effing Leonard - I don't even know what to say. I tweeted during the game that the court was warping around him on both ends - the impact on the game was palpable. Just an absolute treat to watch.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Utah>> Houston
                        Utah looks ready to build off last year. Top of the West is wide open after GSW.

I'm not a big believer in Houston and thought even last year they were more lucky than good with pushing GSW as far as they did. I think they got worse losing Ariza and Mbah a Moute and their D will suffer. Even more of a load on Harden and Paul to be elite offensively.

I think the West will have a lot of good teams again, but Houston will drop back to the rest of the pack, and a team like Utah could have an opportunity to separate themselves from the pack.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Utah>> Houston
                          Utah's defence is slowly and beautifully being forged in the fires of the western conference over the past few years. That team at home is a tough nut to crack. Good for them.

Comment

• So how did they make Tatum essentially disappear in the second half? Who was guarding him when Kawhi was on the bench? In the first half I was thinking.....wow, this guy is so good....so unfair that the Celtics got him. But in the second half I was reliving my belief from 2 years ago after watching Kawhi dominate Harden and the Rockets that he, not Lebron was the best player in the league. What seemed like a bit of a gamble in July now looks like genius. More than I expected from Kawhi or Danny; and I was a big Spurs fan. Just marvellous. Can't wait for the next game!

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                              So how did they make Tatum essentially disappear in the second half? Who was guarding him when Kawhi was on the bench? In the first half I was thinking.....wow, this guy is so good....so unfair that the Celtics got him. But in the second half I was reliving my belief from 2 years ago after watching Kawhi dominate Harden and the Rockets that he, not Lebron was the best player in the league. What seemed like a bit of a gamble in July now looks like genius. More than I expected from Kawhi or Danny; and I was a big Spurs fan. Just marvellous. Can't wait for the next game!
                              Danny Green got most of the Tatum assignment even when Kawhi was in the game.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                                So how did they make Tatum essentially disappear in the second half? Who was guarding him when Kawhi was on the bench? In the first half I was thinking.....wow, this guy is so good....so unfair that the Celtics got him. But in the second half I was reliving my belief from 2 years ago after watching Kawhi dominate Harden and the Rockets that he, not Lebron was the best player in the league. What seemed like a bit of a gamble in July now looks like genius. More than I expected from Kawhi or Danny; and I was a big Spurs fan. Just marvellous. Can't wait for the next game!
                                I distinctly remember OG being on Tatum for at least some time in the 2nd half. Everything is kind of a blur right now though.

I also remember that they really benefitted when Boston went with small backcourts and we had Lowry on the court. We could "hide" him on guys like Smart and Rozier. He can basically ignore Smart and go take some charges. It was a bit tougher earlier because he would be on Brown, who's a lot bigger...but even that isn't too bad since Brown is still at his best feeding off others rather than creating for himself.

Our perimeter D is only going to get better when Wright comes back, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X