Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or the pace around the league crazy fast this year. I'm getting tired just watching the game.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Some huge scores tonight. NO put up 149! Minny and Memphis 130+. Makes the Raps 64 point half look pedestrian.
      Meanwhile, the Magic at home (was watching before the Raps game started)... yikes.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
        So how did they make Tatum essentially disappear in the second half? Who was guarding him when Kawhi was on the bench? In the first half I was thinking.....wow, this guy is so good....so unfair that the Celtics got him. But in the second half I was reliving my belief from 2 years ago after watching Kawhi dominate Harden and the Rockets that he, not Lebron was the best player in the league. What seemed like a bit of a gamble in July now looks like genius. More than I expected from Kawhi or Danny; and I was a big Spurs fan. Just marvellous. Can't wait for the next game!
        He looked damn good in the first half. And then yeah...good job team/Nurse!

Comment

• Ingles - the allstar.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Ingles - the allstar.
            Ingles is a stud
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Ingles is a stud
              Not your average Joe
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Is it just me or the pace around the league crazy fast this year. I'm getting tired just watching the game.
                For real. Every game is a track meet. So entertaining but sort of exhausting too lol

Comment

• Tough loss for Utah.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Is it just me or the pace around the league crazy fast this year. I'm getting tired just watching the game.
                    The whole 14 second clock on offensive rebounds probably has a little to do with it too

Comment

• Hello from San Antonio. Congratulations on the big win!

Unlike many in SA, I'm glad to see Leonard - and Green! - doing well on an excellent team. Man, there are still people here who would like to see Leonard fed to sharks. The Spurs handled the situation extremely poorly. But enough of that.

I'm certain Leonard likes playing with the other KL. With the Spurs, he played with a declining Tony Parker, after 2014, and constantly had to cover for him, which must have been no fun. He's gotta like playing with a pg now who can handle the position.

You want to keep Leonard after this year? Win the East! He's a bball player, first and foremost, much more than a media guy, as you've noticed. Bball success, with a chance for another ring, should hold him. Hope you do it!

My Spurs? Bleh. THREE guards out with injuries, including Murray gone for the whole season. Crap. DDR and Aldridge seem to like each other and play well together, which is about the only bright spot.

Anyway, again, I like it that you beat those stinkin Celtics, and good luck to the Raptors in the East!

Comment

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
                        Hello from San Antonio. Congratulations on the big win!

Unlike many in SA, I'm glad to see Leonard - and Green! - doing well on an excellent team. Man, there are still people here who would like to see Leonard fed to sharks. The Spurs handled the situation extremely poorly. But enough of that.

I'm certain Leonard likes playing with the other KL. With the Spurs, he played with a declining Tony Parker, after 2014, and constantly had to cover for him, which must have been no fun. He's gotta like playing with a pg now who can handle the position.

You want to keep Leonard after this year? Win the East! He's a bball player, first and foremost, much more than a media guy, as you've noticed. Bball success, with a chance for another ring, should hold him. Hope you do it!

My Spurs? Bleh. THREE guards out with injuries, including Murray gone for the whole season. Crap. DDR and Aldridge seem to like each other and play well together, which is about the only bright spot.

Anyway, again, I like it that you beat those stinkin Celtics, and good luck to the Raptors in the East!
                        Hope it works out for you guys. Jak is a gem. And Demar is a great athlete and just great man period. You guys will enjoy him.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Feel free to post more! Friends of Kawhi and Danny are friends of us
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Man, it was morning here where I am and I got pulled away by work with like 7 minutes to go in the game. Was feeling confident at that time with Raps up by 5 but couldn't be sure.

So happy this game was my first time to experiment with recording league pass. Waited hours to watch the last few minutes and it was epic. Did not disappoint!

So. Can there be much doubt that Kawhi is the best player in the East? If he can maintain this form, we have something really special going here.

Kyle Lowry is looking fierce this season. Let's be sure to manage his minutes and keep some Kloe for the playoffs. So excited for this season.

Just amazing that Kawhi, as a guy who hadn't played in 9 months or whatever, just having his way in that slow and steady manner on offense. I mean--- we used to hate on iso ball but a Kawhi iso just seems like a bit of a different story. Backing down Hayward in the late minutes, he just takes his time and does it with so much confidence and poise.

Part of the difference between a Kawhi iso and a Derozan iso: just size and strength. Whereas DD had to rely on footwork and getting off a contested shot, Kawhi can back his defender down and is big enough to shoot comfortably over a defender like Hayward.

I'm not very coherent now but what an awesome end to the game. Paul Pierce trying to explain it away in post-game was rich too. Celtics are still going to remain a tough opponent this year, and never underestimate Brad Stevens... should be a great rivalry in any case.

Comment

Excellent first post!

Glad to have you onboard. How long have you been a Spurs fan?

Comment

• Great WIN!!!!! Kawhi is still rusty and putting a huge stamp on these wins... that's impressive!

I'm excited for Delon to come back, I think the second unit is really missing him. I would prefer to see OG with the starters and keep that magical second unit together.

We match up well with Boston's depth... Tatum, Kyrie and Gordon are the major impact guys, and we can match that; Brown is a non-factor; Horford can contributes but is definitely not a focal point (although he probably should be); Rozier looked like a bench player; Smart... who cares; Morris just another body and same with Baynes.

We may not have as good of a top 3, but we have arguably the top 2 players on the court. Kyle and Kyrie are pretty damn close, if you take into account defence, and hustle plays. Tatum will surpass both, but isn't there yet. And Kawhi is no doubt the best player on both sides even though he still trying to figure it out.

BRIGHT FUTURE FOR THE RAPS! Now to crush the Wiz. I hope the guys still have energy left. Luckily JV only played 14, this is his 20/10 game.

Comment

Working...
                                X