Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #2: Boston Celtics 101- Toronto Raptors 113 (2-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Its a reflection of Celtic fans, just go to the comment section of the tweet they are mostly in agreement with Tommy even those who say they didn't see the game.
    But reffing was such a minor factor in this game, unlike our first game where we would've blown out Cleveland by 25+ points easily if reffing was close to balanced.

Boston had 10 FTAs, and we had 19 FTAs, about half of those for Kawhi who was aggressive all night. Our perimeter D just did a good job keeping their guys on the perimeter.

Comment

• From what i saw the bench was just static and not moving off the ball. FVV was alone on an island he moved around alone and everyone else stood there. Ya Wright coming back will be nice but dontnrush back too fast.

Its obvious CJ isnt in his prime but he’ll help on the floor and I think hes becoming more of a locker room presence and sorta coaches .

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        But reffing was such a minor factor in this game, unlike our first game where we would've blown out Cleveland by 25+ points easily if reffing was close to balanced.

Boston had 10 FTAs, and we had 19 FTAs, about half of those for Kawhi who was aggressive all night. Our perimeter D just did a good job keeping their guys on the perimeter.
        Reffing is always a problem for the team that loses, the winning team never needs that excuse. Against the Cavs the Raps shot only 20 free throws while the Cavs went double that amount and clearly some of the calls should have got the Raps way. Bad officiating is part of the game, deal with it.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Morris is one of those guys who if I read in the news he got shot 15 times in the head and chest and died, I'd be like "he probably deserved it". He worsens our gene pool with his existence.
          Jesus Christ dude lol
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            You'd think when Morris matured to Morris Sr., his brain would have matured as well. Maybe he had to keep up...didn't his brother say something like "we're better than them, we just lost" last year?

“That’s the biggest thing; he’s getting the ball every other play,” said Morris, referring to Leonard’s 10-for-25 shooting night which was 11 shot attempts more than the nearest teammate. “He’s a good player, been a good player; not taking nothing away from him. But he getting the ball every play? You gonna get 30. That’s how I feel.” Hope his 20 shot taking teammate Kyrie wasn't listening.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/cel...rd-even-better
            HA! I missed the follow up quote which is even better (from The Athletic)

Even Hayward compared Toronto’s style to Boston’s. It was only Celtics forward Marcus Morris who seemed insulted by the idea that the two teams share a lot in common.

“No,” Morris replied when presented with the notion. “We’re way more talented than those guys. I think they just played together a little bit more.”

Edit:...it gets even better

“Players,” Morris said matter-of-factly after Boston’s loss. “We have way more talent as far as down the line. Kawhi and K-Low, as far as talented — the other guys just play hard and play their position really well. You know what I’m saying?”
            Last edited by Jclaw; Sat Oct 20, 2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• I'm still catching my breath......we have Kawhi freakin Leonard in Toronto!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                I'm still catching my breath......we have Kawhi freakin Leonard in Toronto!
                If you blink your eyes really fast when Kawhi plays he can be mistaken for Michael Jordan.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                    Another cryptid message by DD.

Comment

must've been tough to watch whole game and hear those mvp chants...
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        must've been tough to watch whole game and hear those mvp chants...
                        Wonder what he thought about the pre-game video.

Comment

• Comment

I really hope he gets over it and we and he can all appreciate the time he was here and he can have a lot of success the rest of his career without the bitterness. He gave us good years here.

Watching Open Gym ep 1 with DD at summer league, the summer league team dinner (where was Kyle Lowry, how was he mad + not answering his phone before the trade even happened!?!?!?! lol), DD really was fully on board with the team, the organization, and the city. Couldn't ask for anything more, would like for it to not be tainted moving forward.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              31pts and 10 rebounds and still rusty.
                              31 and 10 and still rusty against probably the best defence he will see this season.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                Wonder what he thought about the pre-game video.
                                It was pretty respectful to him
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X