Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #3 Toronto Raptors 117 - Washington Wizards 113 (3-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    I say let them get theirs, Wall 7-16 Beal 12-21.

Lotta possessions to get those 57 points. All the talk and baggage that comes with them cuts their team at knees
    Yep.. also, next year Wall and Beal will earn a combined $65M and the Wizards roster will only have 6 players under contract at a total of $116M (Wall, Beal, Porter Mahimi, Howard, Brown Jr.) They have their first round pick, but don't have a 2nd rounder, so becomes challenging to build the supporting cast

Comment

• Congrats (from San Antonio) on another win. I didn't see the game, but from the play by play I found, it looked like a typical early season game. Sloppy, lot of rough edges. The team did a nice job hanging on, tho, and it was especially good for Van Vleet to hit those FT's to end it.

Hope you'll send a few good thoughts toward my Spurs as they visit Portland tonight.

Comment

• and the Celtics pull out a 2 pt win over the knicks when the knicks miss 2 free throws at the very end

Comment

• Has anyone interviewed Morris yet for his take on how they're still actually better than us?

Comment

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
            Congrats (from San Antonio) on another win. I didn't see the game, but from the play by play I found, it looked like a typical early season game. Sloppy, lot of rough edges. The team did a nice job hanging on, tho, and it was especially good for Van Vleet to hit those FT's to end it.

Hope you'll send a few good thoughts toward my Spurs as they visit Portland tonight.
            Indeed. The Spurs are my favourite western div team.....at least as long as Popovich is there. I love that guy. This was a typical Raptors-Wizards game. Chippy and tense and kind of ugly throughout. It might have been an easy win with Kawhi playing. I sincerely hope the big trade ends up being positive for the Raptors and the Spurs. Derozan isn't going to give you what Kawhi used to but he's a great offensive player and Poeltl seems to have a lot of upside. Of course we're all thrilled with Leonard and Green so far. Should be a great season....if one can just pretend that Golden State doesn't exist.

Comment

• "we miss you Kawhi" lol
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
                Congrats (from San Antonio) on another win. I didn't see the game, but from the play by play I found, it looked like a typical early season game. Sloppy, lot of rough edges. The team did a nice job hanging on, tho, and it was especially good for Van Vleet to hit those FT's to end it.

Spurs only down 9 at the half - tough matchup with the number of injuries at guard that San Antonio has, and facing a challenging guard tandem in Lillard / McCollum.

Demar looks like he had a productive half

Comment

• 'Zo Brown had 9 minutes of non-garbage time today. He was 0/1/0/0/0 (He had a board and a turnover, that's it). He let up 1 shot, a slow release, hesitant 3 that he absolutely had to take it because everyone else was guarded and he was wide open.

I know Delon was out and I don't want to pick on the guy, but more so as scratch my head as the decision to have him out there, on a game that was neck'n'neck for large stretches, and ended up being a 4pt game. We won, and is all good (and frankly even if we had dropped this one it wouldn't be a big deal), but if we get into the habit of sneaking Brown in there every time one of the other 3 PG's are out, that may cost us a game one day. 'mean no diss at Brown, he's a hard worker and I respect that, but if we have to go that deep in the bench, I'd give Richardson some burn next time for some spacing and length on D.

Comment

• Thoughts:

-As most agree, Brown should just not be on the court. He is not an NBA level player.

-I don't know what happened to Powell, but he still looks broken. He looks like he's trying to do too much all the time. He was decent on D for a stretch in the 2nd half, but otherwise just really tough to watch for most of his minutes.

-Miles is starting to annoy me. Jack mentioned it in the game, but it's been the case so far that he seems to be passing up shots. He seems to be trying really hard to turn himself into a slasher for some reason. Just fucking shoot. And if you're not open, keep the ball moving. It's like he's intentionally taking himself out of his comfort zone. I. Don't. Get. It.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      'Zo Brown had 9 minutes of non-garbage time today. He was 0/1/0/0/0 (He had a board and a turnover, that's it). He let up 1 shot, a slow release, hesitant 3 that he absolutely had to take it because everyone else was guarded and he was wide open.

I know Delon was out and I don't want to pick on the guy, but more so as scratch my head as the decision to have him out there, on a game that was neck'n'neck for large stretches, and ended up being a 4pt game. We won, and is all good (and frankly even if we had dropped this one it wouldn't be a big deal), but if we get into the habit of sneaking Brown in there every time one of the other 3 PG's are out, that may cost us a game one day. 'mean no diss at Brown, he's a hard worker and I respect that, but if we have to go that deep in the bench, I'd give Richardson some burn next time for some spacing and length on D.
                      It's ok, you can diss Brown a bit. He's not an NBA level player. Heck, not even sure he could make it onto the better Euro teams.

Comment

• exciting game beal and wall made a run but kyle kept them honest with some help from fred

Comment

• I just think John Wall is massively misused ... or chooses to misuse his abilities. I truly believe he could have been the best Point Guard in the NBA, and be the best passer in the NBA as well, and coming out of College, he definitely had a chance to be one of the all time great playmakers .. but he seems to think he's a good jump shooter, and think he needs to be a 20+ point scorer .. I think him focusing on getting 10+ assists would be way better for that team. But that said, I'm happy they have no idea what they are doing in Washington. Lol

Comment

• Wall has all the tools to be elite, but he's just a dumbass. It's too bad.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                The very first question is funny "why are you guys clicking both on offense and on defense already in this young year?"

Frankly we're just playing pretty sloppy all around, which isn't that weird for early in the season. I don't think our O or D look all that good, but we have a lot of good players and right now talent is carrying us, especially Lowry and Kawhi.

Lowry has looked great. Maybe a handful of actually bad plays on offence every game, but other than that playing near-perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X