Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #4 Toronto Raptors 127 (4-0) - Charlotte Hornets 106 (2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #4 Toronto Raptors 127 (4-0) - Charlotte Hornets 106 (2-2)

Our old nemesis returns

Projected Starters

Hornets (2-1) Raptors (3-0)
    Kemba Walker Kyle Lowry
    Nicolas Batum Danny Green
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Kawhi Leonard
    Marvin Williams Pascal Siakam
    Cody Zeller Jonas Valanciunas
    NOTES

- The Toronto Raptors begin a three-game homestand Monday by hosting the Charlotte Hornets at Scotiabank Arena. The Raptors are the only NBA team that is slated to play five of their first six games this season at home (Oct. 17-26). Toronto swept the season series against Charlotte last year, and eight of the last 10 meetings overall.
    - Toronto starts a season 3-0 for the first time since the 2015-16 campaign when the team set a franchise record by winning five straight to open the year. The last time Toronto won three straight home games to start a season was in 2014-15.
    - Kyle Lowry leads the Raptors with a career-best 12 three-pointers made through three games. His previous best was eight three-pointers to start a season. Lowry ranks second among Eastern Conference players for three-pointers made, trailing only Charlotte’s Kemba Walker (19). Lowry is shooting .600 (12-for-19) from beyond the arch, while Walker is shooting .500 (19-for-38).
    - Kyle Lowry led the Raptors with 28 points and 12 assists during Saturday’s 117-113 win on the road at Washington. Lowry’s 70 points through the first three games was one point shy of a his career-best 71 during the 2012-13 season and two assists shy of the 28 he recorded to start the 2011-12 campaign.
    - Fred VanVleet has recorded at least 10 points while coming off the bench in three consecutive games (Oct. 17-21). A fourth straight game would mark his third-longest streak of 10-point games. VanVleet had a career-high nine straight games with 10 or points Jan. 28-Feb. 14 last season and a six-game streak Mar. 16-31.
    - Kawhi Leonard recorded his second consecutive double-double with team highs of 31 points (10-25 FG, 2-5 3PT, 9-9 FT) and 10 rebounds in 36 minutes Oct. 19 vs. Boston. Leonard became just the third player in franchise history to post a double-double in their first two games with the Raptors; joining Damon Stoudamire (1995) and Kevin Wills (1999). Stoudamire started his career with three straight double-doubles.
    - The Raptors reached the 50-win plateau for the third straight season in 2017-18, ending the year with a franchise record 59 victories. Toronto finished as the top seed in the Eastern Conference for the first time in team history and captured its fourth Atlantic Division title in the past five seasons.

MISCELLANEOUS

- Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green were teammates with Charlotte’s Tony Parker in
    San Antonio G All three were part of the Spurs 2014 NBA Championship winning team G Bismack
    Biyombo was part of the Raptors team that reached the 2016 Eastern Conference Finals G Canadian
    Senior Men’s National Team head coach Jay Triano is in his first season as an assistant with the Hornets
    G Hornets head coach James Borrego was an assistant coach with San Antonio last season.
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun Oct 21, 2018, 01:08 PM.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

W

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Kemba Walker started the season on fire! Avg 35 points in 3 games while shooting 50% from 3 and he takes at least 12 of them per game! Can't let him go off.

Comment

Charlotte has been playing really well and their new coach (boreggo I think? Don’t know how to spell it) has really revamped their offence and fixed their rotations. This will be a tough game.

Comment

I think it's a W, but I also think it's gonna be a lot harder then recent wins over Charlotte.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
            Charlotte has been playing really well and their new coach (boreggo I think? Don’t know how to spell it) has really revamped their offence and fixed their rotations. This will be a tough game.
            Watching Borrego’s Hornets and Clifford’s Magic really gives you an appreciation for just how much impact a coach can have.

But they have no frontcourt. We’ll squash them.

Comment

Someone comment on the Kawhi, Danny and Parker interactions in the game please.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                Someone comment on the Kawhi, Danny and Parker interactions in the game please.
                Nurse is gonna let Kawhi guard Parker every minute they are out there at the same time and it will be a not fun time for Parker.

This is actually a good game to try out guarding the opposing PG with one of Danny/Green/Kawhi rather than making Lowry guard their, like, one offensive weapon.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I have to say, Kemba has been one of my favorites since his UConn days, a joy to watch. Man, that’s a poorly managed team mind you. Should be fun!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Kemba Walker started the season on fire! Avg 35 points in 3 games while shooting 50% from 3 and he takes at least 12 of them per game! Can't let him go off.
                    I'd expect to see Danny Green get the defensive assignment on Walker.

Now, that being said, a strategy the Spurs have used in the past - when they had the personnel to do it - has been to switch defensive assignments frequently, so a player could never be certain what to expect, from one time down the floor to the next. Green on Walker most of the time, but then sometimes Leonard, and sometimes Lowry, is what I mean. Keep him guessing. The Spurs did that to Walker last year in San Antonio, on Nov 3, and even without Leonard being available, they held him to 13 pts. Different seasons, different teams, but it's a strategy worth a try. Altho, James Borrego, coach at Charlotte, was an assistant with the Spurs last year, so he knows about this, very well. But can he beat it? It has the makings of a very interesting game.

Do the Raptors do very much defensive switching, to try to keep the opponents off balance? I've never followed the Raps enough to know.
                    Last edited by TacoBreath; Sun Oct 21, 2018, 09:19 PM. Reason: add more

Comment

We get Charlotte next, DeMar gets LeBron again.....

Comment

Schadenfreude at the Cavs losing badly to Atlanta. Cleveland still winless. Only concern might be that the Cavs suck bad enough to get Barrett

OKC (Westbrook making his debut) trailing Sacramento late. Patterson still struggling with his shot.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          We get Charlotte next, DeMar gets LeBron again.....
                          Then the Raptors go to LA on Nov 4 and Kawhi gets LeBron again. I'll be tuned in for that one.

Comment

OKC 0-3 lol
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Happy to keep seeing smiling Lowry kick start things up

Comment

Working...
                              X