Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #4 Toronto Raptors 127 (4-0) - Charlotte Hornets 106 (2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    35 attempts?

It was an inefficient night for him, for sure, but he took 25 shots and 4 trips to the line. He also had 3 turnovers (but 2 OREBs mostly cancels that out). Long story short, he had 31 points on 30 used possessions, which is very inefficient (for him), but let's not overstate it.
    Whoops.. sorry yeah it was 25 attempts. I saw that as 10-35 not 10-25 for some reason.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Which is why I thought Parker was saying that completely as a joke. I mean it's the kind of thing I would say about one of my own friends. But media and fans seemed to run with it and turn it into a big thing.
      Those words themselves might have been jokey. I'm not sure. But either way, the overall implication was clear: Leonard should be playing. And then around the same time, Ginobili said something. Many others have pointed this out, but there was a palpable sense that both of them were serving as Pop's mouthpiece.

Interesting that both then chose to leave the team the following off-season.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Can't remember which game I was watching, but this question came up - Besides Kemba, who on the current Hornets squad was the leading scorer last year. No one got the answer correct and I haven't seen the guys name mentioned once in this thread.

Bit of a testament as to what a poor job the Hornets FO has done surrounding Kemba with "talent".
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Tonight's Kyle's night to claim his "Best PG in the East" crown. He's bested Irving & Wall, now it's time to slay Kemba.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            The Hornets seem from a distance to be off to a roaring start (2-1, +10 net rating - just above the Raps).

But they've lost to Milwaukee, blasted the Magic and barely snuck by the Heat by a few points. All with Kemba having an insanely hot start to the season.

Lineups will be interesting in this one - they mostly roll a big C all game long, but do have a couple of small looks with Williams or even MKG at C that they've used for short stretches.
            Teams are always going to go small against us because they know we will play Serge over JV and that's what they want. Even if its a team that doesn't usually go small I bet you anything they will when they see theyre playing the Raptors.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
              Teams are always going to go small against us because they know we will play Serge over JV and that's what they want. Even if its a team that doesn't usually go small I bet you anything they will when they see theyre playing the Raptors.
              Definitely a concern and something to watch for. Actually, making the Serge look work well and the offence functional in that scenario might be the key to more JV minutes, as teams will be less likely to go small if the benefit isn't as clear.

Or, we could (gasp) not match up and play to our strengths, but that's something that hopefully will develop with time after we're done feeling out all these new looks.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Biyombo has played 5 minutes for Charlotte so far(!) and is not injured. Think we dodged a bullet with that extension?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Biyombo has played 5 minutes for Charlotte so far(!) and is not injured. Think we dodged a bullet with that extension?
                  For what it's worth, I think sticking with the Raptors culture would've got much more out of Biz....that and Casey willing to give him heavy minutes (over Jonas)

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                    Man, Hawks beat cavs by 22. The hawks. wow.
                    slaw wrote: View Post
                    I posted in the Cavs game thread that they'd be lucky to win 30 games. I know it's early but that is not a good team. It's impossible to overstate how important Lebron was to them.
                    Which makes it even more depressing that we couldn't even win one game versus them.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      Which makes it even more depressing that we couldn't even win one game versus them.
                      I think this years team could have not only one game but possibly beaten them

But I digress
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

So, is there any update on Delon's injury? Are we talking days, weeks or months as of now?

Comment

So, is there any update on Delon's injury? Are we talking days, weeks or months as of now?
                          He keeps finding new ways to miss games. Probably one of the reasons he wasn't extended. Can he be relied on to play a full season? So far in his career, the answer is no.

Comment

He practiced but still they are making him sit out.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Okay, so Kemba Walker has set the NBA record for most threes made in the first three games of a season (19). He's currently averaging 35 PPG on 49% shooting, including 50% shooting from three on over 12 attempts a game

We gotta put Kawhi on him, right?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                                Okay, so Kemba Walker has set the NBA record for most threes made in the first three games of a season (19). He's currently averaging 35 PPG on 49% shooting, including 50% shooting from three on over 12 attempts a game

We gotta put Kawhi on him, right?
                                Danny Green at first and if it's not working out then put Kawhi on him in second half
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X