Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #7 Toronto Raptors 109 (6-1) - Milwaukee Bucks 124 (7-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanyo wrote: View Post
    will he show up in the playoffs tho.
    Will he make the playoffs though? LOL
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
      The bench lost this game. The bench points differential was pretty much the difference in the final score . The thing is, our real bench is:
      ---FVV, healthy Wright, decent CJ Miles, OG and a JV that can feast on opposing bench bigs.

However, what we saw today, for a variety of reasons, was:
      --Brown, injured Wright, Richardson, cold CJ, and a tired JV that couldn't buy a bucket.

For the Millionth time, Brown cannot run an NBA offence. Period. He's a 15.7% 3pt shooter and a 68% free throw shooter. As a point-guard. He doesn't box out well, he doesn't slash/finish well at the rim, and has a very difficult time creating for himself and others. His defence is passable when it's one-on-one, but as soon as there's a switch or the opposing team runs any kinda play, he's lost.

If there's any chance there's a Raptor staff reading this, I know FVV & Wright are injured, but until we get them back, I plea, put on Kay Felder, Loyd, Norm at the point, anyone. Our offence grinds to a halt when we have him as our PG for this much time. PG's are the beating heart of the team, and set the rhythm for everyone else on the floor.

There were many factors today and we had 3 key players missing, so this one game is an anomaly that doesn't worry me. What worries me is the entrenched notion the Brown can keep us afloat in games vs teams over .500. I respect the time he put in the G-league and he's probably a hard-working great locker room guy, but he cannot run an NBA offence at this time, and we absolutely need to try something else.
      Exactly! Against teams over .500 he should never touch the floor. It's just too hard to makeup for all the mess he causes by not being able to run a team. You can also see that because of his lack of being able to run a team he makes everyone else around him play much worse than they are. He just makes everything more difficult for everybody. CJ looks worse, JV looks worse, Delon looks worse. Everyone just plays worse. It's obviously not all his fault but he definitely doesn't help. And as you said he's only good defensively one on one. Once any action starts he gets VERY lost. So it's not even like his defence makes up for his limitations offensively. Even with Fred or Delon out, there has to be a way we can stagger minutes to prevent us from having to play Brown. Why Nurse and the organization likes him this much is beyond me. Who cares about hard work and being a good locker room guy if it's not translating on the court. At all.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        If they're not taking 4 future 1sts, I don't know what they're taking.

Then again, it might be a conflict of interest to acquire picks since Thibs is coach and GM. Thibs the coach does not want picks, probably.

In essence, Serge + Powell will get it done.
        Those firsts will probably be garbage, which is why they aren't taking them.

I think we can definitely sneak and snag Jimmy but it might take one of OG or Siakam. If Wright was healthy maybe him.

Comment

• How good Siakam & OG really going to be?! Siakam gets his best points in fast break transition and bobbing & weaving in traffic but he may never be a threat from 3 point line and the stuff he is good at could be stopped against a good defensive playoffs team. OG defence is solid and he can shoot the 3 but I just don't see him being ever a high consistent scorer. Sort of like a Justice Winslow type of a player. Not saying we should trade them but I think we need to temper our expectations.

Comment

• Everyone's fave has something to say:

Last edited by Torassic1; Mon Oct 29, 2018, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Torassic1 wrote: View Post
              Everyone's fave has something to say:

He's like a teenager, except he's in his 60's
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Just like old times, they lose a game and we need to trade half the team! I remember when we did this on a daily basis instead of only once every 7 or 8 games.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  He's like a teenager, except he's in his 60's
                  Idk why we even acknowledge him
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Bucks are tough. Their dribble drive penetration is crazy they embarrassed raptors on at least 10 drives. Their handles set up the threes. Nurse has his work cut out for him. Only glimmer of hope is their d wasnt special we just missed shots.

Malachi seems to be trying to make the team. You made the team relax and play

I dont care about these games I have a severe case of alvinwiliamitis. I would have told wright to take two weeks off i better not hear hes hurting after this game. Fvv take your time.

Sorry but I watched derozan be anti-clutch for years hes just on a hot streak no way he turns into a better shooter.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                      Idk why we even acknowledge him
                      It's like watching a hilariously bad TV show. It's based purely on entertainment, it's entertaining seeing his mood swings, simple as that.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Let's go DeMar! He's still on pace to have a HOF career.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Glad I couldn't watch the game.....sounds like a real shit show. With the injuries and the OG situation the Raptors are probably fortunate to be 6-1. Lowry has been on fire and was due for one of his chuckfest bad shooting nights. But 15 assists!? Not all bad. I am a little concerned that JV's lack of minutes and diminished role might finally be getting in his head. I hope to see a good bounce back tomorrow night. Reading all of the "sky is falling" comments was certainly amusing. Probably about 20 more of these occasions ahead this year.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            To the D League you go
                            I'm Lorenzo Brown of RR
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              I'm Lorenzo Brown of RR
                              Nah you just did a JV who woke on the wrong side of the bed this morning and shat on it.

Comment

• Raptors are now 6-1. It's worth noting that they started last season 4-3 and ended up with a franchise best 59 .... we're going to be OK. I try to read all the panic around here as sarcasm but I don't know lol

Comment

Working...
                                X