Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #7 Toronto Raptors 109 (6-1) - Milwaukee Bucks 124 (7-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #7 Toronto Raptors 109 (6-1) - Milwaukee Bucks 124 (7-0)

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Projected Starters

Bucks (6-0) Raptors (6-0)
    Eric Bledsoe. Kyle Lowry
    Malcolm Brogdon Danny Green
    Khris Middleton Kawhi Leonard
    Giannis Antetokounmpo Pascal Siakam
    Brook Lopez Jonas Valanciunas
    NOTES

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Toughest game of the season. I expect 2 out of the 3 players that were out vs Mavs to be on the bench against the Bucks. I am sure Nurse will be throwing Kawhi, Pascal and OG throughout the game to guard Giannis and hopefully force him to be a long 2 jumpshooter then closer to the paint area where he does most of his damage.

Bench will need to step up for this one, as it has been shaky all year. Go Raps go!!

Comment

OG did a good job on Giannis last year

Comment

Comment

This is gonna be either the first L, or one of our best games of the year. It’s gonna be a heck of a test:

Their backcourt (Bledsoe/Brogdon) is not a big deal. Lowry can certainly get the edge over Bledsoe, and Brogdon, albeit shooting a healthy 38% from deep, should be matched well on both ends by Green. If anything, we probably have the advantage in the backcourt.

The problem here is their frontcourt:

They’re the the 3rd best rebounding team in the league right now (we’re 16th overall, but our main problem is DefRB, where we are 28th in the league). That discrepancy on the glass alone can give them the game.

Giannis is averaging 25 pts, 13.4 boards, and 5.2 assists on about just 30min/game. The good thing is that he has no outside shot (shooting 6.3% from deep on 3.2 attempts).

He’s surrounded by shooters though: Freaking Middleton is shooting 58% from deep (7.2 attempts), and Brook Lopez is shooting 41% on ~7 attempts. When they played Philly, Lopez hoisted 11 and made 5 (45.5%). And he is their Centre.

While I do think we can get a W here, in my opinion these 4 things all need to happen:

1. Kawhi must be a able to contain Giannis on his own. The basis of their offence is Giannis drawing help defenders, then kicking out to one of their knock-down shooters in the perimeter. If we allow that too much, we lose. Kawhi is probably the best perimeter defender in the league, but Monday he’s gonna be tested inside big time.

2. We need to mitigate the rebounding discrepancy. I don’t know how, but if we don’t, we‘ll likely lose. The obvious thought here is JV, but with Lopez so hot from outside, that’s a problem. Guys will need to box out very well, crash the glass and gang rebound as a group.

3. Limit silly live-ball turnovers because they’re also very strong in transition (their pace is very high, like ours, this will not be a slow grinding game, it will be high octane)

4. This game has all the makings of a dense chess match from the coaching standpoint. It’s Nurse vs. Budenholzer here. Whoever can adjust better in-game, call the proper timeous and exploit the opponent weaknesses will get the edge. If we do that, plus the three above, we win.

Comment

Joke or facts.. hard to decide.

Comment

They are a very very good team.

But we are a very very very good team. So we will win.

Comment

This feels like a Lowry-Green-Kawhi-Pascal-Ibaka starting 5 is needed. But further more, LET'S DO THIS!
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    As the saying goes: " The buck stops here!"

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      someone shop this photo so there is a raptor logo on the hood
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure who I'd start this game. On one hand, Lopez is an awful rebounder so is unlikely to punish Serge there, and camps at the three point line a lot this year. On the other hand, Milwaukee's transition offence is huge for them, so executing offensively will be important too, and everything on that end points to JV. Interested to see what Nurse does.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              I'm not sure who I'd start this game. On one hand, Lopez is an awful rebounder so is unlikely to punish Serge there, and camps at the three point line a lot this year. On the other hand, Milwaukee's transition offence is huge for them, so executing offensively will be important too, and everything on that end points to JV. Interested to see what Nurse does.
                              Lopez is a guy who can be a shooting threat but is also a very big, skilled post player. Could be a bad matchup for either guy.

My guess is Serge starts. Nurse seems to want to ride that for whatever reason, and Lopez is taking a lot of 3s this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X