Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #9: Toronto Raptors 107 (8-1) - Phoenix Suns 98 (2-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury wrote: View Post
    Let's see, he'll probably fire Walton. But how come Magic is not getting blame? because he's Magic Johnson?

Drafting Ball over Tatum/Fox is looking pretty bad right now. Dude got FOOLED by LaVar Ball and no one's talking about it.

How about trading Russell for Lopez or just letting Randle walk away? lol

Too soon to say Lonzo Ball is worse than those 2. Hes actually very talented. He's a great passer and I think hes been decent shooting the 3 so far.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      Too soon to say Lonzo Ball is worse than those 2. Hes actually very talented. He's a great passer and I think hes been decent shooting the 3 so far.
      Lonzo Ball is being underutilized; that I can blame on Walton. He needs the ball to be effective, and he's shown signs of brilliance when he's given the green light.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Gotta love Woj's semantics there. Admonished is the nicest way to say 'chewed the fu(k out' when it comes to GM-Coach meetings.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Heres a dirty little secret: coaching in general is overrated. Bad coaching can hurt good teams, but good coaching cant help bad teams much. The talent wins the titles.
          I agree 95% of the time. An exception might be Popovich who has had remarkably untalented teams for several years and still makes the playoffs. This year he has a very strange roster featuring 3 "stars" who are all midrange shooters. He lost his point guard for the season. I'll bet they still make the playoffs....perhaps even middle of the pack. I just hope that Nurse is a "good enough" coach. So far I suspect he is.

Comment

Remember when the Suns draft Chriss and Bender in the same draft?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Remember when the Suns draft Chriss and Bender in the same draft?
              Yak & Skills.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                I have not watched a single Phoenix Suns game this year.. not even a few minutes. How is Ayton looking? The one thing people kept saying during the draft was that his defense was poor. His offensive numbers look good though for a rookie.

Do we need JV on him, or would Ibaka survive?
                Ayton had no prayer of controlling Lamarcus Aldridge. Aldridge had 24 pts in 23 minutes. And that's with DDR on the floor, also scoring. Ayton scored 13pts in 30 min, I think. About like that.

I don't think it matters who you start. Just load up and attack that entire team, right down the line. They have some talent here and there, but they are a bad team.

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                  So I can't watch Raps games for the next 2 weeks starting today due to my vacation, will be about 10 hours ahead and so game is at like 3 am - 5 am my time and I will probably be dead asleep. Please hold down fort and keep on winning. Also, need someone here to take my place for overreactions positives or negatives during the game. You guys I'm always here in spirit! See you soon.

This is not farewell.
                  it's a long dayyyy... without you my friend... but i'll tell you all about it when i see you again.
                  Last edited by sanyo; Fri Nov 2, 2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

man fuck Canadian weather
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Have you experienced Phoenix in July?

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

True... currently in Arizona and it's still hot! Still surprised how spoiled the people are with the weather here and why it's such an big factor for media and players. Having four seasons is great though, they're just a bit too long or short (summer) in our climate zone.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Have you experienced Phoenix in July?
                          Its gross. I like my seasons. Just wish I didnt shiver for 5 or 6 months. Cut winter in half and we good.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Phoenix is really hot in July but I would take that over -20c and 7c rainy weather.

People in Phoenix have pools and A/C... what sucks is when you wake up in the morning in Toronto and gotta shovel the f'n snow in the dark cold with your giant ass parka and then drive in snow with people slipping and sliding everywhere.

Im already planning my early retirement (saving a ton of money and trying to retire by 45) and winters will be spent in places like Phoenix and Tampa for me. I'll enjoy the Raps when they come into town or on my NBA league pass

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
                              Phoenix is really hot in July but I would take that over -20c and 7c rainy weather.

People in Phoenix have pools and A/C... what sucks is when you wake up in the morning in Toronto and gotta shovel the f'n snow in the dark cold with your giant ass parka and then drive in snow with people slipping and sliding everywhere.

Im already planning my early retirement (saving a ton of money and trying to retire by 45) and winters will be spent in places like Phoenix and Tampa for me. I'll enjoy the Raps when they come into town or on my NBA league pass
                              Thanks asshole I know. I was just in denial trying to make myself feel better about our existence in this country

Jk about the asshole part lol
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Thanks asshole I know. I was just in denial trying to make myself feel better about our existence in this country

Jk about the asshole part lol
                                I also dont wanna spend $400 on Raptors tickets lol. In Phoenix you can get good seats for like $100

Comment

Working...
                                X