Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #11: Toronto Raptors 124 (10-1) - Utah Jazz 111 (4-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another added benefit I think to the Ibaka jv thing, aside from the obvious spacing on offense and defense we've talked about, is the internal competition. For the first time in a maybe ever, Ibaka knew he had to fight for his minutes, he wouldn't just have his usual 30 min at the 4 spot gifted to him this year. And it shows. Hes come out like a man possessed, wanting to keep his place as a quality starter in this league.

And if and when he eventually slumps for a few weeks? Oh darn, one of the productive centers in the nba is backing him up.

"The center position"- both guys combined- has basically become our 3rd all star
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Another added benefit I think to the Ibaka jv thing, aside from the obvious spacing on offense and defense we've talked about, is the internal competition. For the first time in a maybe ever, Ibaka knew he had to fight for his minutes, he wouldn't just have his usual 30 min at the 4 spot gifted to him this year. And it shows. Hes come out like a man possessed, wanting to keep his place as a quality starter in this league.

And if and when he eventually slumps for a few weeks? Oh darn, one of the productive centers in the nba is backing him up.

"The center position"- both guys combined- has basically become our 3rd all star
      And our 15th man who is backing up both of them, could be a top 7 rotation guy for most other teams.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        And our 15th man who is backing up both of them, could be a top 7 rotation guy for most other teams.
        That's a bit of a stretch, but sure.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
          That's a bit of a stretch, but sure.
          It is? Monroe's started 70% of the NBA games he's played in and even got 20 mpg on 2nd in the EC Boston last season. That was good for 8th on that team.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Monroe is still young. I can't believe how bad hes gotten since his Detroit days. Hes actually a decent passer and is a big body.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
              Monroe is still young. I can't believe how bad hes gotten since his Detroit days. Hes actually a decent passer and is a big body.
              The league changed around him and he doesn’t really fit anymore. He can’t defend any position in the NBA and post scoring isn’t valued from big guys anymore really.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Monroe is still young. I can't believe how bad hes gotten since his Detroit days. Hes actually a decent passer and is a big body.
                Yeah, his Detroit days were the best of his career. He was a true "Point-Forward" then; A lot of the offence was run through him, and he was running plays constantly from the 4 position (hooking up Drummond at the time).

He probably no longer has the speed (or more importantly the shooting) to play PF again this day and age, but I bet you the passing instincts and timing are still there.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  It is? Monroe's started 70% of the NBA games he's played in and even got 20 mpg on 2nd in the EC Boston last season. That was good for 8th on that team.
                  He also got played off the floor everywhere hes been in the long run. Boston stopped playing him in the playoffs cause the dude is a defensive liability. He may play elsewhere, but top 7 is a stretch.

Comment

Working...
                  X