Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #12: Toronto Raptors 114 (11-1) - Sacramento Kings 105 (6-5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Kawhi to Miles is literally going from our best player to our worst rotation player. The eternal optimist would hope that more minutes helps Miles get his shooting rhythm back.
    That's how it's supposed to work, if you assume you have the same talent capital tied up at each position, then the position with your best player would also have your worst one. Good news is that should also mean that's the position with the heaviest minutes skew to the starter as well.

I don't think one needs to be particularly optimistic to assume Miles will remember how to shoot.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      That's why Nurse needed to take that tech earlier in the game.
      But Norm didn't get hurt on a moving screen. He got hurt because he went for the ball to interrupt a handoff and Gobert did what every big will (and should) do, raised the ball up. Norm's arm went along for the ride, that's all.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Auston Matthews had the same injury 2 weeks ago, he's back practising and skating. The thing with pro athletes in general is that they are in seriouslly elite condition, Powell is at the top end of this level. When you are in that type of shape, you rehab, way faster than a sedentary person. I don't see this as some 2-3 mont ordeal. 4-6 weeks sounds about right, and it's ok, team is deep, and he can still work a lot on his body, his legs ain't broke.

Stay positive folks, it ain't all that bad. Hell, reading this thread at first I thought he blew out his knee, or tore an Achilles.

Cheeeeeeeeeel Winston

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
          Sounds like Norm is going to miss a significant amount of time (judging just by how he looked leaving the court and lack of information since). Wonder who is going to eat up his minutes. CJ has looked to be playing a little better of late. Who else could see some more run? Jordan Lloyd down at the 905 has been putting one some impressive plays. Hopefully this is an opportunity for someone else to break out.
          Bench:

JV
          OG
          Miles
          Wright
          Fred Van

NO G League guys needed. Stick to the core 10
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Auston Matthews had the same injury 2 weeks ago, he's back practising and skating. The thing with pro athletes in general is that they are in seriouslly elite condition, Powell is at the top end of this level. When you are in that type of shape, you rehab, way faster than a sedentary person. I don't see this as some 2-3 mont ordeal. 4-6 weeks sounds about right, and it's ok, team is deep, and he can still work a lot on his body, his legs ain't broke.

Stay positive folks, it ain't all that bad. Hell, reading this thread at first I thought he blew out his knee, or tore an Achilles.

Cheeeeeeeeeel Winston
            The Leafs dude has a sore shoulder injury. Norman Powell has a shoulder subluxation. Huge difference.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Bench:

JV
              OG
              Miles
              Wright
              Fred Van

NO G League guys needed. Stick to the core 10
              Fuck it I can stick a couple corner threes, put me in coach

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Fuck it I can stick a couple corner threes, put me in coach
                They already have Malachi

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  He is Barkley from 30 years ago. Barkleys nickname in college at Auburn was Bread Truck. He was a little overweight to say the least and didn't see a tasty snack he didn't inhale but he trimmed down and became an NBA legend.

Williamson is in better shape than Charles was in his first year in the NCAA and we are going to have to see how he does against better competition than he has ever seen before. Dunking on 5 foot 8 inch 147 pound guys in high school is one thing but he is moving up in class at the NCAA level.

Lots of scrutiny forthcoming as NBA scouts determine if he is Barkely or Anthony Bennet or somewhere in between.
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  A tad too undersized for my liking. RJ feels like a sure thing.

I mean, don't get me wrong. If I had the 2nd pick, I'm nabbing Zion without hesitation.
                  Fury wrote: View Post
                  I also see a lot of Shawn Kemp in his game.
                  planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Yeah that's a good comparison. Kemp could play center though. He was a lot taller, but they play the same way.
                  Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  I don't see anyway Zion could be a star in the NBA unless he can shoot 3s. He won't be able to bully grown men in the NBA like he does in HS/College. Hes strong and athletic, but not laterally quick.

If he can't shoot 3s and is picked in the top 3 (I bet he will), he'll be labelled a bust.
                  Not every one shares the Zion Williamson is the next best thing mantra.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                    The Leafs dude has a sore shoulder injury. Norman Powell has a shoulder subluxation. Huge difference.
                    Um, no, exact same, same name, same injury. Stop.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                      4-6 weeks is stretching it. That injury takes 3 months to heal - minimum. Best case scenario he returns around february. It probably would take him a few weeks to get his legs back. So we're talking march.

There's no way Nurse would just insert him into the rotation 1 month before the playoffs starts.

He's done.
                      I don't like to speak in definites. The human body is a strange thing. Some injuries that seem harmless can linger around for an entire season, while some that appear very bleak have quick turnaround. Everyone and every injury is different.

Comment

• Not much interested in the draft, since Masai FAILED to tank AGAIN this year, but the ESPN guys were discussing the 3 Duke stars. From Schmitz

given Williamson's lack of shooting he's most deserving of the lowest-ceiling distinction at this point. I do think he's able to space the floor with his passing and handle, which are maybe the most underappreciated parts of his game. Thanks to his motor and physical gifts, he has proven he can be extremely productive even without much of a jump shot, and I think that will continue all season at Duke. But nonshooters generally get eaten up in today's NBA, and until he proves he can knock down standstill 3-pointers at a decent clip, his ceiling will be somewhat limited.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Did anyone mention it's GAME DAY?!?!

Comment

• Bogdan Bogdanovic is playing for the Kings tonight. First game back after his knee injury.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Bogdan Bogdanovic is playing for the Kings tonight. First game back after his knee injury.
                              They got another Euro .. Nemanja B... He did a DeAndre Jordan and committed and then bailed on Philly I think...
                              He has been lighting it up for the Kings from the outside...

This is going to be closer than I originally thought.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X